Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doom keeps me alive

Which monster would you say is your least favorite?

Your least favorite monster?   

97 members have voted

1. 1. Least favorite monster?

• Zombieman
    • Shotgun guy
    • Chaingun guy
    • Imp
    • Pinky demon
    • Spectre
    • Cacodemon
    • Baron of Hell
    • Hell knight
    • Pain elemental
    • Lost soul
    • Arachnotron
    • Arch-vile
    • Mancubus
    • Revenant

1 hour ago, Memfis said:

Spectres because they are hard to see even with gamma correction 4, making me lose time in UV-Max. ;(

Well, that's kind of the point, isn't it?

arch-vile. 100% the worst. they res enemies and they make you explode. not a fun time. atleast they don't res eachother.... unless you're using the mod aetherius.

So much hate for poor PE and its babies. Lost souls are awesome area deniers just by being a threat instead of bullshit damage alone (cough they can teach barons and pinkies a lesson or two about being useful).

Least favorite for me would be chainfuckers (I'd rather get ambushed by an army of shotgunners over 2 chaingunners) and boss spawners, Especially if spawn spots aren't telegraphed and the map is small + 3 spawners.

28 minutes ago, Danzadan said:

Ghost monsters. I hate those guys.

I almost completely forgot about them. These guys can be especially deadly in large numbers considering that conventional weapons don't affect them at all, only splash damage, and you happen to be out of/low on rockets.

59 minutes ago, Danzadan said:

Ghost monsters. I hate those guys.

27 minutes ago, ShotgunDemolition said:

Easily Pain Elemental.

What about Ghost Pain Elementals?

9 minutes ago, Error-404 said:

Chain gunners can shove that thing up their ass and wind up

Now somebody must make a mod with chaingunners walking around with a chaingun up their ass and shooting out of their mouths.

2 minutes ago, Maes said:

Now somebody must make a mod with chaingunners walking around with a chaingun up their ass and shooting out of their mouths.

Lel XD

I really dont like the look of the pain elementals,but their gameplay design is fine.

2 hours ago, Soundblock said:

This poll is kinda funny for gauging which monsters are least disliked actually. Shotgun guy and Mancubus duking it out for the #1 slot at the moment. xD

You forgot the pinky, which was tied with the shotgun guy and mancubus (although, as of my writing this, someone has voted for the mancubus).

And it's not really a gauge of which monster is least disliked. All you can say is the shotgun guy and the pinky are universally not the most disliked.

We'll need another poll for determining favorite monster.

1 hour ago, Pegleg said:

Although, apparently, ghost pain elementals are still vulnerable in one small spot from non-splash damage

I'm pretty sure that's a thing for all ghost monsters.

I hate the Arch-Vile. JUST FUCK THE ARCH-VILE. Do you think it's funny to release one of those assholes into an arena I already cleaned up, while I'm on the other side of the map, oblivious to the goddamn nightmare that I'll have to go through in a while?! DON'T DO THAT FFS.

Pain elementals, they're like a rancid onion as they're awful on the surface and as you try to chip into them it just produces more tears and a bad taste in your mouth.

3 hours ago, Maes said:

What about Ghost Pain Elementals?

I could have never imagined to see such a monstrosity in Doom.

I don't know if I want to thank you for opening my eyes, or hate you for giving me nightmares...    :)

Every monster introduced in Doom 2 is just annoying and not fun to fight

It's interesting to see that Ghost Pain Elementals don't turn transparent in the non tangible form, unlike Zombiemen and other enemies (or I'm just missing something here).

2 hours ago, KVELLER said:

I hate the Arch-Vile. JUST FUCK THE ARCH-VILE. Do you think it's funny to release one of those assholes into an arena I already cleaned up, while I'm on the other side of the map, oblivious to the goddamn nightmare that I'll have to go through in a while?! DON'T DO THAT FFS.

It's not the arch-vile's fault that some mapper decided to release it into an area full of dead monsters. They're just doing their duty. Whether or not they care about the impending nightmare that they're sending cascading your way is a different question.

As for the mappers, I'm pretty sure the impending nightmare to which you're oblivious is probably why those mappers see fit to do that. Especially if they know you'll have to come back through or near that area.

The impending nightmare.

I'm not saying they hate you. Or that they rub their hands together with sadistic glee.

58 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

It's interesting to see that Ghost Pain Elementals don't turn transparent in the non tangible form, unlike Zombiemen and other enemies (or I'm just missing something here).

Ghost Imps don't turn transparent, either.

2 hours ago, KVELLER said:

I'm pretty sure that's a thing for all ghost monsters.

On the bright side, arch-viles can't resurrect other arch-viles, so at least you can't have a GHOST ARCH-VILE.

1 hour ago, Red said:

Every monster introduced in Doom 2 is just annoying and not fun to fight

You might enjoy @geo's proposed mod Kitten Doom.

"Kitteh DOOM: No shooting only petting textures that are pictures of kittens. No enemies btw."

2 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

You might enjoy @geo's proposed mod Kitten Doom.

"Kitteh DOOM: No shooting only petting textures that are pictures of kittens. No enemies btw."

That sounds delightful

Dunno about Doom, but my least favorite monster on Doomworld is threads like this.

23 hours ago, TFK said:

Arch-Vile. I can't say more than that.

To each their own, but the Arch-vile is my definitive favourite non-boss enemy in any video game ever. 

8 hours ago, Pegleg said:

@geo's proposed mod Kitten Doom.

As a response to the 'Kill 'em with Kindness' mod (which you should totally check out because it's great), I suggested that there should be more mods along those lines. Mods where you just admire beautiful scenery, while petting cuddly animals and listening to birds sing. I for one would really enjoy seeing a Doom mod that's all about petting cats. 

Edited by Ajora

23 hours ago, Pegleg said:

You forgot the pinky, which was tied with the shotgun guy and mancubus

Intentional. Agent6 commented he was torn between Pinky & Lost Soul. Though it didn't result in any statistical output, I'd say it counts against overall dislike factor. ;]

I can't decide between the Chaingunners and the PE, though i voted for the latter, either way, all monsters with the exception of maybe the Helll Knight, Arch-Vile, Mancubus and Arachnotrom i guess, are rather annoying, atleast the Chaingunner has a satisfying death animation though.

1 hour ago, Soundblock said:

Intentional. Agent6 commented he was torn between Pinky & Lost Soul. Though it didn't result in any statistical output, I'd say it counts against overall dislike factor. ;]

OK. Understandable. Which means:

Congratulations, Shotgun Guy, you are currently leading the contest you didn't even know you were playing: least most disliked monster!

1 hour ago, Soundblock said:

Intentional. Agent6 commented he was torn between Pinky & Lost Soul. Though it didn't result in any statistical output

But I also mentioned I ultimately chose the Lost Soul, despite the initial difficulty of choosing between the two.