Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

30 minutes ago, CARRiON said:

Mortal Kombat X.

Here comes our first kombatant. Great.

I'd definitely be up for 1v1 or something after I'll get MKX as well. What are you playing btw (Story, Challenge Tower, etc.)

Edited by Agent6

8 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

Here comes out first kombatant. Great.

I'd definitely be up for 1v1 or something after I'll get MKX as well. What are you playing btw (Story, Challenge Tower, etc.)

I usually just play against others. I do that with all fighters (Street Fighter, MvC3, MK, KoF, etc)

After finishing Earthbound I've started playing through Mother 3... On my 3DS.

Man, I'm so glad my 3DS is hacked...

StarCraft, last mission of Terran I think, humans in Warcraft III, Sonic Adventure DX (it's a gag gone horribly wrong), almost done with Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, been playing Carma 1 again but with the Unofficial Max Pack 95 Restoration Project Pack (what a mouthful) on hard but using Die Anna's car for an extra challenge.

More Demon's Souls and Shadow of the Colossus as of now.

I am considering God Hand for the PS3 (My computer can't handle PS2 emulation for some reason).

Guest Unregistered account

Still a sucker for Team Fortress 2, trying to finish making a map for it (wasn't fun transitioning from Doom's relatively easy level-creation to Source's more deliberate brush-based system, but TF2maps.net is so friendly :D )

Replayed Doom 64 this time finding all the Demon Keys, now the Unmaker is life. Yeah, now I know what my favorite Doom weapon is, after the SSG.

And now going to replay Shadow Warrior (classic). Better than acupuncture xdd.

Postal 1, 3rd replay, doing Excess Postage. On (10) Hard difficulty, using only the starter weapon.

and

Starcraft 1. Just got into a few levels last night. Really enjoying it.

I played a bit of Blood II, since the last time I played it I was a kid and I played on genocide (easy). Played on homicide (medium) now and... oh god... that balancing... If you dare turn a corner where a hitscanner is standing, you will catch a couple dozen bullets with your face before you can do anything, and while we're at it, let's mention those acid-spitting enemies that take away half of your health with a single attack...

Long story short, I got stuck in the first boss fight (I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to avoid taking damage) and then the game started to crash every two minutes. Sigh... at least Steam lets you refund your games.

It's a mindless run-n-gun on Genocide but on Homicide it's more equivalent to a hard mode. Fanatics with M16s still haunt me as one of the top-tier scumbags in an FPS, and you thought Doom II chaingunners were bad. The Shikari are also OP bullet sponges and fucking everywhere.

I still don't fully understand the Naga boss, sometimes you can avoid damage entirely by circle strafing and jumping while unloading into it, other times it doesn't matter at all, and to make matters worse it behaves differently depending on whether or not you launched the game through the expansion or the base. There's just no consistency to anything.

The game crashing whenever it feels like it has been with it since day 1, but you can reduce the amount of crashing with dgvoodoo.

E: Oh yeah, might I add I also finished the game on Suicide difficulty once. I hated everything including myself. I also had to cheat for ammo on the Nightmare Levels because the bullet sponge Behemoth fucks and the final boss drained all my ammo with their vastly increased health pool. 

Sometimes when you defeat the Naga and trigger the cutscene, the wall behind it will kill the actors resulting in awkward silence and sometimes hang ups.

It's just the sign of a well designed and great game is all.

You're not missing much. Especially its garbage excuse of an expansion pack. I'm honestly not sure which one is more broken, Shogo or Blood 2...

I enjoyed blood 2 very much as a child when I played with cheats. I soaked up the atmosphere and Calebs one liners. I probably will never play it normally less my memories be ruined.

Genocide is laughably easy, you shouldn't find much challenge at all. Everything is so weak it usually gibs from mere bullets, good way to just have fun with all the weapons.

Oh the balancing can't be bad when it never existed. Sums up most stuff in Blood 2 (Don't play it, god the bosses and some monsters.. I wish I can remove them from my memory)

Project: Octopath Traveler. I beat Primrose's story today, and I'm surprised by just how much there actually is to DO in the world. Not to mention just how immersive her story was, I actually can't wait for the full release (and I'm not usually an RPG guy).

I'm also playing Quake on one of the school computers during my off-hour, and I just started on playing through Episode 4 today.

So I beat Quake and all I got was a still image of Ranger playing hopscotch in Shub-Niggurath's non-existent corpseDVhbCBJVwAAc2mZ.jpg.a5b986a5be21873e0e038f872bf6a678.jpg

In all seriousness, this is actually kinda exciting for me, because I've never beaten Quake before.

3 minutes ago, Pyrolex said:

In all seriousness, this is actually kinda exciting for me, because I've never beaten Quake before.

Congratulations.

I'm still disappointed that there isn't a (real) boss battle.

31 minutes ago, Manuel-K said:

I'm still disappointed that there isn't a (real) boss battle.

I'm disappointed as well, but considering all of the chaos during development, you can't really complain, especially considering how good the game is on the whole.

@Pyrolex Congrats on finishing Quake! If you enjoyed the base game be sure to check out the mission packs, as well as some fan-made stuff at Quaddicted. There may not be nearly as much content available as there is for Doom, but most of it is pretty great.

Recently started on the Zerg campaign in StarCraft, almost done with humans in Warcraft III, and am checking out the 'starter pack' for Diablo III using a Demon Huntress. Blizzard gaming month!

Finally bought PUBG and had a good few hours of playing it. I will say it totally lived up to the hype.

I was expecting it to be disappointing but damn I actually had fun.

Also been playing Dark Souls... fuck Blighttown!

9 hours ago, cyan0s1s said:

@Pyrolex Congrats on finishing Quake! If you enjoyed the base game be sure to check out the mission packs, as well as some fan-made stuff at Quaddicted. There may not be nearly as much content available as there is for Doom, but most of it is pretty great.

Recently started on the Zerg campaign in StarCraft, almost done with humans in Warcraft III, and am checking out the 'starter pack' for Diablo III using a Demon Huntress. Blizzard gaming month!

Demon Huntress FTW