Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Breezeep

1 Hour Speedmaps - 2018 edition

For the record, I've compiled all the maps, music and textures together into a ZDoom-compatible pk3, and have done CWILVs. I'll release it when we get that 32nd map.

I plan on looking over all the maps to check if any aren't Boom-compatible, and bringing out a WAD version of the compilation, too.

@Phobus and @Benjogami are the only ones whose maps are untitled, as far as I can tell.

Edited by Jimmy

Sorry, I didn't realise these were getting compiled. Mine's "Lure of the Grave" and uses the attached MIDI by Lexus Alyus... Or at least, it is and does in Triacontathlon.

Warm bassy.zip

Hi I've made a map. Exceeds the 1 hour time by few mins also I'm bad at speedmapping.

Name: Brick and light (an AV inspired map)

Difficulty: UV only

Format: comp level 2 (tested with PrBoom+ and GZdoom)

bl.zip

Damnit, I thought I was gonna make one just in time! Hope you got room for one more.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9oxj81ohy0fgyj/1hrspdcrit.wad?dl=0

NAME: i forgot what the name was for this, I assume it's something funny

DIFFICULTY: easy as shit

BUILDTIME: little over an hour, about 10 minutes or so because i forgot to place weapons, health, and ammo

FORMAT: Boom 

MIDI: Theme from "Greatest American Hero"

:^)

EDIT: posted fixed version with bugfixes and some balance changes

Edited by bioshockfan90

That appears to bring the total to 33. Before the final compilation and upload takes place, I wanted to submit my updated map, which should slightly increase the difficulty on UV. I added another 10 minutes to my total in bug fixing (bringing the total time I spent on my 1 hour speedmap to ~2 hours 35 minutes).

Spoiler

Changes:

Changed super shotgun to regular shotgun to start the level (for HMP, UV, and NM).

Changed blue armor to green armor to start the level (all difficulties).

Placed super shotgun in another room (for HMP, UV, and NM).

Corrected some textures and aligned other textures.

Added correct floor texture to floor sector so bridge rising out of the nukage slime would have the correct-looking floor.

Took two enemies out of HMP.

Changed blue armors in DM to green armors.

Added more ammo and weapons in DM.

Loop at the Nukage Plant (version 2)

Edited by Pegleg : Corrected download link. Added comments about difficulty in spoiler.

On 2/10/2018 at 11:18 PM, Phobus said:

Sorry, I didn't realise these were getting compiled.

That's fair, it was a bit of a snap decision on my part so I don't mean to suddenly put pressure on folks.

Speaking of: here we go. Special thanks to @Fuzzball for the titlepic, interpic, and inter music!

Download 1hour.zip (1.4MB)

See my below post for the WAD version of this set!

Notes:

- GZDoom-only for now, as implied by the use of a PK3 instead of a WAD. The latter will come eventually, though.

- The ZDoom version of "Hamlet" by @DerFurer'sFace has been used for this - I'm aware a Boom version exists and is probably the more up-to-date one. This'll be included in the WAD version of this compilation.

- Given the nature of these maps as speedmaps, I don't want to make this turn into a tightly quality-controlled project as that would be unfair to the mappers who've all been taking it pretty casually so far. Additionally, the "2018 Edition" in the M_DOOM graphic might go in case another batch of 1-hour maps starts up this year. I guess @Breezeep is the guy to stay tuned for word on that.

- The maps are all listed in chronological order of submission in this thread - except for MAP32 and MAP33 which are "For Archi" and "For Zzul", as these maps seem to be exercises in player punishment and aimed at precise individuals rather than anything that belongs in regular progression. Their places in the roster were swapped with the last two maps submitted to this project, which were @Paul977 and @bioshockfan90's maps.

- @Archi's map ought to have been not considerable for inclusion because of how it didn't package its textures with the map. I had to go into the archtex wad (which is as large as friggin' cc4-tex if not more so) and pick everything out manually. Next time follow the project leader's word please!

Edited by Jimmy

Well reading one post out of only four pages of mostly very succinct posts wouldn't have hurt you, would it?

Sheesh. Why do I try and do good things for this community again...?

@Jimmy I do kinda like what i assume is a script that strips the players inventory before each level so they start fresh. However just curious, will this be implemented in the boom version? That is if its possible.

On a similar note will you be adding a dehacked file for any quality of live adjustments like custom level names on the minimap? or is that going to be left out in favor of having only the intermission screens?

6 hours ago, DerFurer'sFace said:

@Jimmy I do kinda like what i assume is a script that strips the players inventory before each level so they start fresh. However just curious, will this be implemented in the boom version? That is if its possible.

Not possible in Boom I'm afraid. It's done with a GZDoom MAPINFO flag.

6 hours ago, DerFurer'sFace said:

On a similar note will you be adding a dehacked file for any quality of live adjustments like custom level names on the minimap? or is that going to be left out in favor of having only the intermission screens?

Yeah that'll be done, it's a simple edit.

Yeah good stuff here. If you want space @Jimmy you can remove my map since is too short/crap compared to the others^^

Benjogami, NoisyVelvet, rdwpa are my favourites, really cool stuff; but overall all the maps here are very nice :)

4 hours ago, Voltcom9 said:

Just a quick suggestion. My map (currently map 12) is substantially easier than pretty much every map in this compilation, it'd make sense to move it to an earlier  map number just for difficulty progression.

when you uploaded your map, I think I ended up skipping it because my prboom+ couldn't play the wad; the error was "Z_Malloc: Failure trying to allocate 4237082144 bytes" in prboom-plus 2.5.1.3.  In Slade i just now i only see basic geometry stuff but none of the nodebuilder stuff.  I can play it back in gzdoom and runs fine, but i encountered yet another bug: i fell through a double-sided wall into the inescapable void, one located in the northeast corner of the map.  It's just kinda there and I slipped through it dodging an imp, heh.  good map though

Sorry about the wait for this. The WAD version of this pack is ready.

Download 1hour.zip (4.5MB)

Some very minor things have been changed:

- Maps with new skies included have had Transfer Sky specials (271) added. This includes the maps by myself, @Danzadan, @Voltcom9 and @DerFurer'sFace.

- Map order tweaked slightly - @Jthom's map is Hexen format, so it is now MAP33, and will only be accessible through use of (G)ZDoom. The maps by @Killer5 and @Archi are now MAP31 and MAP32 respectively.

- Updated MAP03's MIDI since I still have an old version of that one available online, apparently.

Consider this the official version, and the PK3 a now defunct edition of the mapset, which will no longer be maintained.

IMPORTANT: Please test this WAD, at least your own map(s)! I have verified that every single map loads and looks correct, although there might still be bugs because I definitely have not played every single map thoroughly yet.

I'll release this onto /idgames soon. Hope y'all have fun.

10 hours ago, Jimmy said:

IMPORTANT: Please test this WAD, at least your own map(s)! I have verified that every single map loads and looks correct, although there might still be bugs because I definitely have not played every single map thoroughly yet.

I'll release this onto /idgames soon. Hope y'all have fun.

@Jimmy It seems like my old (bug-filled) version of the map was still used and was wondering to that decision? i uploaded the more polished correct version earlier. was it not seen or did you want the rougher not-so boom friendly variant since it was more true to the time frame?

DFF_Hamlet_PRBOOM (1).zip

Apologies, I must've missed that somehow, I'll include the up-to-date version.

Check the download again and all should be good with your map.

I've played through this, skipping the maps that I deduced were needlessly malicious. I like the almost random order of the levels, as it means it's worth skipping ahead to see more fun or higher quality ones as you go. No map-by-map points as I wasn't taking notes. I'm sure the mappers who've made needlessly malicious maps know who they are anyway and probably like them that way, so me telling you that I think they're shit is meaningless. Some surprisingly high-quality entries in here, although they're few and far between.

I think maybe I found a bug. In map 22, "Acridity" by @Obsidian, sector 46 is raised into the ceiling, I think maybe it is supposed to be lowered and have a switch on it? Nothing major, just thought I would let you know. 

Thanks for including my map in the set. I would've made it boom compatible if I knew they were gonna be compiled. I played through the set, and man were there a lot of high quality maps in there. Personally, I don't think a single one was bad, although many of them were very difficult. I had a lot of fun playing through these, I just wanna say, very nice work, it's amazing what can be done in just an hour.