Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StormCatcher.77

Doomworld Mega Project 2017 (Final)

Map32 still has incorrect music in PrBoom+.

Also what are the recommended compatibility settings for GZdoom maps?

5 hours ago, lirui1001 said:

Also what are the recommended compatibility settings for GZdoom maps?

You mean like Doom (strict) and Boom (strict) etc? Keep it on default. No need to try and emulate vanilla bugs for maps not made for that format.

Now that this has finally been completed, I'm going to be playing this on my livestream very soon. I've heard tales of some crazy maps in this compliation, so I'm expecting some interesting times ahead......

@Suitepee This time the hub has some info text pop-up when you approach the portal to a map. It also includes the difficulty level, so you have an idea of what you're getting into if it says "Insane". I would suggest HNTR for my map; which is #35 in Boom section!

Notes about some maps because they have fatal flaws making it impossible to get 100% kills with desired complevel and should be considered to be incomplete.

Map07: If played with -cl2, 3 enemies won't spawn, making it impossible to get 100% kills. However, they can spawn if you play this map with -cl9.

I think it is a fatal flaw because this map is in "Vanilla" type instead of Boom.

Map09: One chaingunner is inaccessible, making it impossible to get 100% kills.

Also there are more maps worth a try than previous dmp wads :)

Here is my run of map28:

Definitely I will run more maps of this wad.

3 hours ago, Spectre01 said:

It also includes the difficulty level, so you have an idea of what you're getting into if it says "Insane".

Well to be honest some maps labeled as "Insane" are quite easy, but many maps quoted as "Medium" are so annoying and frustrating...

5 hours ago, lirui1001 said:

Notes about some maps because they have fatal flaws making it impossible to get 100% kills with desired complevel and should be considered to be incomplete.

Map07: If played with -cl2, 3 enemies won't spawn, making it impossible to get 100% kills. However, they can spawn if you play this map with -cl9.

I think it is a fatal flaw because this map is in "Vanilla" type instead of Boom.

Map09: One chaingunner is inaccessible, making it impossible to get 100% kills.

Similarly, Map06, if played with -cl9, it is apparently impossible to get 100%, but on -cl2, it works fine and can be maxed. Whether this counts as incomplete is a different story.

4 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

Similarly, Map06, if played with -cl9, it is apparently impossible to get 100%, but on -cl2, it works fine and can be maxed. Whether this counts as incomplete is a different story.

Map06 is not supposed to be played with -cl9 as it is sorted in vanilla, so if it works fine and can be maxed on -cl2, this map is considered to be finished and fine.

However, map07 is not in the same situation so it should be considered to be incomplete. It should be fixed or set to Boom(-cl9) maps.

3 hours ago, lirui1001 said:

Well to be honest some maps labeled as "Insane" are quite easy, but many maps quoted as "Medium" are so annoying and frustrating...

@StormCatcher.77 assigned the difficulties based on his own playthroughs, I think, so they will vary from your own experience. At least, with that approach, there's a sort of standard of difficulty that is consistent through all the maps instead of letting each mapper assign a difficulty to his/her own map.

8 hours ago, lirui1001 said:

Map11: Two HKs cannot spawn, making it impossible to get 100% kills. Incomplete confirmed.

MartinDoomer hat probably finished witch 100%

3 hours ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

MartinDoomer hat probably finished witch 100%

If so that means the enemies will not spawn sometimes. I don't know if it should be fixed.

15 minutes ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

When I did level 11, there was one enemy alive when I entered the exit.

Same here

1 monster didn't spawn for me too

Side note: I think there should be some messages of settings for all GZDoom maps in the text file, like if it is necessary for you to use freelook, crouch and jump to finish the map, and the recommended compatibility settings, or most players will get confused.

On 2018/2/3 at 10:10 PM, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

How do you go about accessing the secret in the image below?

Doomworld Mega Project 2017 Level 25 broken secret.png

Same question here.

Hmmm, can't get map35 to work.  I killed the first room, the wall lowered eventually, seemed random.  2nd room I pressed the switch in the cage and nothing.  It's quite possible that it's my mod setup causing it so take this with a grain.

Edited by Bryan T

On 28. 1. 2018 at 3:29 PM, Sasha said:

Map 43 by @Marlamir: sectors 1443 and 2375: needs change effect to damage nukage.   Sectors 1410 and 1414 are enterable but not exitable. On secret sector 2169 no any surprise.

I'm sorry, i missed your post. thank you for bug report

On 2/20/2018 at 7:45 PM, Bryan T said:

Hmmm, can't get map35 to work.  I killed the first room, the wall lowered eventually, seemed random.  2nd room I pressed the switch in the cage and nothing.  It's quite possible that it's my mod setup causing it so take this with a grain.

There are 2 shootable eye switches in the starting room. They look like tombstones next to the cross-shaped platforms. One lowers the wall with all the Imps behind it, while the one on the opposite side opens another section with a lift. Once you flip the switch in the cage and the one above, you can open the giant eye door. The eye switches are next to the locations that they reveal. Also, Open Eye = Activated/Decoration and Closed Eye = switch you need to shoot or press. Sorry if that was confusing. :P The progression should be simple otherwise.

Okay, thanks for the heads up.  I see you now you have to wait for the blood thing to uncover them.  I never noticed they were moving down, I thought it was just the regular animation. 

Also, due to the way the engine works, you can shoot the small blood/flesh pillar that block the eye from the back, with like an SSG or something, to trigger it early. Although letting both sides loose might not be the best idea. But the option does exist!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/239163414 = part 1. (maps 1-7)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/239522867 = part 2. (maps 8-15, plus map 32)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/240265293 = part 3. (maps 16-20)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/240612837 = part 4. (maps 21-25)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/243222573 = part 5. (maps 26-30)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/245920305 = part 6. (maps 31-41, skipping 32 since already done earlier)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/247397781 = part 7. (maps 42-51)

Overall I found this DMP to be the most consistent in terms of quality throughout the maps, with no real stinker of a map, just a few that were too hard or technically awkward to play. Hopefully this general level of consistency will continue into the future of the now-divided DMP series.

3 hours ago, Suitepee said:

Overall I found this DMP to be the most consistent in terms of quality throughout the maps, with no real stinker of a map, just a few that were too hard or technically awkward to play. Hopefully this general level of consistency will continue into the future of the now-divided DMP series.

It is pity that on map 45 you dont go below imps fireballs and lost a lot of time in revenant room :(