Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IncognitoMode

ZDaemon server browser freezing

Whenever ZDaemon loads all the servers that are avalible, it freezes. I cannot click on anything in ZDaemon or on my computer and I need to close it in task manager. I put Doom2.wad in the wads folder, did 2 installs, and restarted my computer.

Any ideas?

(on windows 10)

Figured it out, apparently it was something to do with the wad downloading.

apparently this only works if you join a server really fast everytime you launch ZDaemon, looking for more "permanent solutions"

Edited by IncognitoMode

Are you running ZDaemon Launcher?

If so, where is it installed? You have to avoid installing it to either Program Filles directories.

Does it freeze after or during its refresh of all servers?

Have you tried temporally disabling Defender or any third party anti virus software or adding whitelist rules for ZDaemon.exe and the ZLauncher.exe?

Can you test from another account?

Can you also take a screenshot or picture and attach here to show the freeze?

Runing Windows 10 also and never had the launcher freeze my PC.

Edit: ZDaemon received an update just a few days ago on the 12th so uninstall, download it again, and install from the new download to somewhere that isn't the Program Files directories and try it again.

Edited by Evolution

10 hours ago, Evolution said:

Are you running ZDaemon Launcher?

If so, where is it installed? You have to avoid installing it to either Program Filles directories.

Does it freeze after or during its refresh of all servers?

Have you tried temporally disabling Defender or any third party anti virus software or adding whitelist rules for ZDaemon.exe and the ZLauncher.exe?

Can you test from another account?

Can you also take a screenshot or picture and attach here to show the freeze?

Runing Windows 10 also and never had the launcher freeze my PC.

Edit: ZDaemon received an update just a few days ago on the 12th so uninstall, download it again, and install from the new download to somewhere that isn't the Program Files directories and try it again.

Hi,

ZDaemon is installed in C:\ZDaemon

I have tried adding allowing it in the Firewall, (both exes)

I have also tried it from another account.

It freezes when the green bar in the corner fills up, then I cannot click on anything.

z1.png

The green bar, whenever it fills up I cannot click on anything, but while it is still loading, the browser works fine.

z2.png'

Fully loaded, not working.

Edited by IncognitoMode : added another picture

When did this first start to occur?

Based on the title bar state, it's not the "active" window.

When you click anywhere within the window, does it make a sound that seems to signify that there's perhaps a dialogue present (even though one isn't visible in the screenshot).

If you click the "ZDaemon Launcher" tab on the taskbar, and press ESC or Enter, does that appear to make much of a difference?

"apparently this only works if you join a server really fast everytime you launch ZDaemon"

If you exit out of the ZDaemon process while leaving the launcher open, does that seem to have any effect?

*** Edit ***

Do you get this with any other program at all?

As a test, if you launch Notepad while this is happening, and then go back to the "ZDaemon Launcher" window, does it instead focus on the Notepad process?

Edited by AF-Domains.net

4 hours ago, AF-Domains.net said:

When did this first start to occur?

Based on the title bar state, it's not the "active" window.

When you click anywhere within the window, does it make a sound that seems to signify that there's perhaps a dialogue present (even though one isn't visible in the screenshot).

If you click the "ZDaemon Launcher" tab on the taskbar, and press ESC or Enter, does that appear to make much of a difference?

"apparently this only works if you join a server really fast everytime you launch ZDaemon"

If you exit out of the ZDaemon process while leaving the launcher open, does that seem to have any effect?

*** Edit ***

Do you get this with any other program at all?

As a test, if you launch Notepad while this is happening, and then go back to the "ZDaemon Launcher" window, does it instead focus on the Notepad process?

Hello, whenever I click arouind on the ZDaemon server browser, it does play a sound to signify that there is a dialouge box present, execpt there isnt.

Pressing escape closes the browser and pressing enter crashes it.

When I first got ZDaemon, I opened a server, it asked me if I would like to find the wads for the server and I said no, and ever since I have been getting this bug. Does it have something to do with that?

Since that is an event specific to when you tried to join that server, it shouldn't.

To clarify further on when you press "no", at that point you were no longer able to interact with the program? This only happens during that specific event?

However, what happens if you instead press yes?

I haven't been able to replicate what's being experienced on this end, it very much sounds like Windows 10 strikes again with an internal change.

Is anyone else able to replicate this case?

20 minutes ago, AF-Domains.net said:

Since that is an event specific to when you tried to join that server, it shouldn't.

To clarify further on when you press "no", at that point you were no longer able to interact with the program? This only happens during that specific event?

However, what happens if you instead press yes?

I haven't been able to replicate what's being experienced on this end, it very much sounds like Windows 10 strikes again with an internal change.

Is anyone else able to replicate this case?

I'm only able to use ZDaemon if I join a server, and download all the WAD files before the green bar fills up. If I don't I have to close it with task manager.

Although this topic is indeed quite old, a repeat case has appeared and a possibility has been narrowed down.

Based on what was occurring, the freeze appears to have been down to a connection timing out event.

As it turns out, adding the Launcher (either the ZDaemon Launcher or Doom Explorer) to the Firewall exception list helped in this recent case.

Either way, when it comes to what I stated originally, it was ultimately incorrect.

If you're still around or are still experiencing this particular headache, give the above a try to see what happens.