Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

29 minutes ago, Phade102 said:

This isn't done yet, not by a long shot, but its probably the most detailed room i've ever designed.Screenshot_Doom_20180214_004557.png.1766bd21760cf71abd86a377e364912d.png

Gotta admit,quite detailed for a long corridor :)

28 minutes ago, Catpho said:

Gotta admit,quite detailed for a long corridor :)

Thank you for your kind comment =) This tunnel is the main area of the level i'm designing, you'll come back here multiple times so its important that its something worth looking at!

Now here's something im having a lot of trouble for the last couple of days...

LFaWKAH.png

The right zone is finished (but i might expand it since it's a little short) but i can't figure out the left zone, it's suposed to link up from the upper left to the lower left, were there is a red key the player is supossed to pick up, but i just cant figure it out how to build that.... also i noticed that i tend to build symetrical square shaped rooms, and that's kinda making things hard since im trying to avoid my own design tropes, but oh well hope i can finish this by the end of the month

Here's a finished piece of the left area that i really like....
EIBycqw.png

And this is a zone i placed at the very edge of it, but while i really like how it could turn out if i polish the zone a little, it feels out of place there and it doesn't add up to the flow of the level... i might move it to the north since i don't want to waste it, but im afraid i also might need to just scrap it

S1y3FaZ.png

1 hour ago, DMPhobos said:

Now here's something im having a lot of trouble for the last couple of days...

LFaWKAH.png

The right zone is finished (but i might expand it since it's a little short) but i can't figure out the left zone, it's suposed to link up from the upper left to the lower left, were there is a red key the player is supossed to pick up, but i just cant figure it out how to build that.... also i noticed that i tend to build symetrical square shaped rooms, and that's kinda making things hard since im trying to avoid my own design tropes, but oh well hope i can finish this by the end of the month

Here's a finished piece of the left area that i really like....
EIBycqw.png

And this is a zone i placed at the very edge of it, but while i really like how it could turn out if i polish the zone a little, it feels out of place there and it doesn't add up to the flow of the level... i might move it to the north since i don't want to waste it, but im afraid i also might need to just scrap it

S1y3FaZ.png

Hey! I dont feel that square rooms are a bad thing at all. i'm looking at your map view, and it looks like the square areas have been detailed enough to make them not really feel like a square. Plus, since its a tech base map, square rooms aren't uncommon, Techbases frequently use 45 and 90 degree lines.

2 hours ago, Nebula-Kristian said:

Cooking up something after a long time...

Screenshot_Doom_20180216_133352.png.0156cd265d9ea4f86c54e4564c1ffc84.png

Now here I think the pentagram shouldn't be so visible in the darkness, in fact, the candles could probably provide most of its light.

Take away the brightness of the pentagram and that scene is basically a black screen. It's a focus point of the room and is worth allowing it some contrast to the surrounding scenery.

I am a person who hates pink of any kind, but here I am, using pink. 

Screenshot_Doom_20180216_130557.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180216_130609.png

although here, it looks more purple... probably need to adjust the color some. 

13 hours ago, Phade102 said:

Hey! I dont feel that square rooms are a bad thing at all. i'm looking at your map view, and it looks like the square areas have been detailed enough to make them not really feel like a square. Plus, since its a tech base map, square rooms aren't uncommon, Techbases frequently use 45 and 90 degree lines.

Thank you, the thing is im trying to make rooms interesting and avoid doing symmetric rooms since a lot of times they end up in dead ends and look and feel boring, so far im happy with everything that's been built so far, but im trying to avoid repeating myself on the new areas im building

Hopefully i will be able to finish everything by late this month since i estimate the map it's about 60 - 75% done.

1 hour ago, Major Arlene said:

I am a person who hates pink of any kind, but here I am, using pink. 

Bright colors such as purple or pink can look rather well when contrasted with dark rooms, i like the color scheme of those screens

3 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

Take away the brightness of the pentagram and that scene is basically a black screen. It's a focus point of the room and is worth allowing it some contrast to the surrounding scenery.

Well I didn't mean all the light from it should be gone, just that it's a bit too bright when everything else in the room is super dark.

But maybe I'm just imagining something in my head and it won't actually look good in game.

8 hours ago, Phade102 said:

@Nebula-Kristian I'm getting a very E3 vibe from these screenies. is this intended as a replacement, or just a hell map/project? either way they look great!

Thank You. At the moment it's one of two hell maps, both replacing E3 maps. Can't really answer more at the moment, but something's cooking up - that's for sure. :)

On 16.2.2018 at 4:12 PM, Agent6 said:

Now here I think the pentagram shouldn't be so visible in the darkness, in fact, the candles could probably provide most of its light.

^^what @Dragonfly said, and it's like super-heated metal pentagram generating heat by itself in the center of an otherwise really dark area and works like a light-house of sorts. Also the small runes around it will glow in and out of darkness.

If all light-reflective fx in gzdoom are turned on, it really comes to life. This shot was taken with zdoom. The map itself is boom/limit-removing.

Edited by Nebula-Kristian

Current progress of my 4800 hell knights map:

Untitled.png.a7f0881414c2220e6d3b841e5773c43f.png

Right now I am trying to figure out what I should do with the lighting of the nukage room on the bottom, the way it is right now everything looks kind of washed out since I tried to apply a fade value to the sector to give it a more foggy feel but it is having annoying side effects

Screenshot_Doom_20180216_162205.png

@Agent6 It's very much subjective to people's opinions. As a mapper who enjoys using of high contrast, I feel it's "just right" as seen in that screenshot personally, but can understand why someone would say otherwise. As you explained, it's just a few candles, why would it be that bright? On the flipside this is demonic, otherworldly, who's to say it wouldn't shine bright? :)

Ok, I'm create all car/turret models and re-create old turret script. I think turret like original. This method I'm going to apply to a managed car

Still a bit stuck here, but im making progress, figured i could make a dark area on the left to spice things up, i still gotta figure what to make of that big corridor since i plan to have the level flow like this but i don't like the idea of just a big corridor

kklfVDZ.png

xnXWDfS.png

Just finished the very first secret map for Chokehold... First ever time doing speedmapping, finished this in about 2 hr 15 min (give or take 10 minutes)

map 40: Koffinz

koffinz1.png

koffinz2.png

koffinz3.png

10 minutes ago, Scorpinax said:

Pics

I hope those copy pasted room have some unique-ness in them,cuz i dont like what i see D:

The outer 'ring' of rooms is differently detailed from the internal rooms, also cut off from the rest. I was more concerned about hitting close to that 2 hour mark than making a tremendous amount of detail, however it is hard for me to agree with your statement as the map itself still contains a pretty good amount of variety in the way that you're encouraged to navigate it. It will be easier to see what i mean when I can finally release it.

17 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

So, I'm getting back into mapping after a 5 year break and this was what I was working on when I got distracted by life. Currently reacquainting myself with Doombuilder and Scripts. Feels good. 

[images cut]

The screens are all from map 8. 64000 linedefs and not finished.

Wow, those are nice.