Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Abyssal Speedmapping Session 34 - The first person to say it gets deleted from the internet

I'll be in Jimmy's session if I'm in any at all. Unfortunately I am being dragged into a family event on the Saturday. To make sure I'm correct it'll be 10AM (GMT) on Sunday, yes? :)

And just a reminder: the link expires in 24 hours and it grants a temporary membership that revokes itself when you go AFK. It's a measure to keep the server tidy in the time between sessions.

Name: Aorta

Music: "Launch Base" from Demonstar Secret Missions 1

Build Time: 2 hours

Themes: it's red, there's berserk, also a couple of jumps denoted by candles

Format: Boom, only playtested in GZDoom due to known texture conflicts in PrBoom+, SORRY I'M A HACK

Textures: Zoon-tex 2.7 (load this yourself), plus a custom sky from jimmyskies.wad (included)

Edited by Jimmy

Name: Crimson Crevice

Music: "Can't Get Enough of Your Love" - Barry White

Themes: Oh-so red; features berserk

Format: Doom 2, limit-removing; tested only in GZDoom

Textures: N/A

ph_ass34.zip

Name: Obviously Grilled

Music: James Paddock - 30in30-2 - Dungaree Farts.mid

Themes: Aggressively red, there's berserk, floaty bridges and candles

Format: PrBoom

Textures: Zoon-tex 2.7

Name: Little Boy Blue
MIDI: Mega Man Zero 4 - Esperanto
Theme: Berserk
Resource: CC4-Tex
Build Time: 2 hours (plus 45 minutes of deleting all but 3 textures from CC4 afterwards >_<)

LBB.zip

fdas for the 6 maps here noisy_ass34.zip (prb+ cl9)

I play like serious shit and my demos were ass.

session 34? you know what they say about ASS, if it exists, then there's po... - (gets deleted from the internet)

edit: @Fuzzball u okay? that map freaked me out a little.

Edited by NoisyVelvet

Name: Uninspired

Build time:Beyond two hour limits

Midi: Binding of Isaac - My Innermost Apocalypse by Danny Baranowsky(of course in midi format, I don't know who arranged that, got few years ago)

Resources: cc4-tex, zoon tex(I don't know, I didn't merge resources, wasn't sure about it)

Themes: Berserk, tried to add few red textures

Well, I hope this will be accepted.

EDIT: included quick bugfixes and changed some sectors a bit. 

uninspired.zip

uninspired v1.1.zip

Edited by Myst.Haruko

Meh, late as hell. Is Alfonzo time still a thing with these? I spent too long trying to beat the bloody thing and then cleaning stuff up because LOL I used a ZDoom version of zoon-tex with truecolour PNGs but fortunately I got stuff to still look vaguely ok. Wanted it to be less monotextured but eh that's my speedmapping for you.

I at least wanted to make something better than my only other abysped contribution which was in session 30 which is currently /idgames pending, because it was a terrible terrible piece of shit and I wanted to redeem myself for it. Hope it'll be accepted because I've no idea what else to do with it :D

Name: Kevin

Build time: 3h30

MIDI: Knightrider of Doom - Black Forest

Resources: jom5_zoontex.wad

Themes: Berserk + some redness. Hope you like punching barrels. Featuring a guest appearance from Alfonzo.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Njx-KJBuGQ2IEMt3vdqWj_IrLdxEQrgH/view?usp=sharing

5 minutes ago, Eris Falling said:

Meh, late as hell. Is Alfonzo time still a thing with these? I spent too long trying to beat the bloody thing and then cleaning stuff up because LOL I used a ZDoom version of zoon-tex with truecolour PNGs but fortunately I got stuff to still look vaguely ok. Wanted it to be less monotextured but eh that's my speedmapping for you.

I at least wanted to make something better than my only other abysped contribution which was in session 30 which is currently /idgames pending, because it was a terrible terrible piece of shit and I wanted to redeem myself for it. Hope it'll be accepted because I've no idea what else to do with it :D

Name: Kevin

Build time: 3h30

MIDI: Knightrider of Doom - Black Forest

Resources: jom5_zoontex.wad

Themes: Berserk + some redness. Hope you like punching barrels. Featuring a guest appearance from Alfonzo.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Njx-KJBuGQ2IEMt3vdqWj_IrLdxEQrgH/view?usp=sharing

Punching barrels <3. Enticing description but turned out to be a trap because it almost got me killed at the start, heh. That single lost soul reveal was hilarious. Two monsters didn't appear (or I missed them somewhere). 

abysped34eris_rd_fda.zip

13 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

Punching barrels <3. Enticing description but turned out to be a trap because it almost got me killed at the start, heh. That single lost soul reveal was hilarious. Two monsters didn't appear (or I missed them somewhere). 

abysped34eris_rd_fda.zip

Nicely done! The lost soul was originally going to be a baron but that was too lame so it's just a joke fight that is kind of a subtle hint to the pain elementals. The two missing monsters are revenants, pressing that switch opens a side passage around the building next to that random pillar - it's where those two spectres came from and the revs are further inside. I realise now there's basically no incentive to go in there except for 100% kills, and maybe it's a slightly quicker way to the red key room. Blah.

1 hour to go til the second session with me as your host (plus a fourth theme to be revealed) kicks off, so join the Discord if you want to take part.

https://discord.gg/HyWhf

Edited by Jimmy

GET PLANNING!

Start resource-gathering, picking a MIDI, drawing your layout on paper, etc.

Feel free to include your own textures, just no cc4-tex/32in24-tex, please. Makes compiling a nightmare if there's a bunch of unused texture fluff included.

Bonus theme will be revealed at 15 minutes past the hour.

Renewed Discord link that will last another hour: https://discord.gg/HyWhf

THEMES! Pick one or more.

1. Use of red textures.
2. Use of the berserk powerup.
3. Candle bridges through use of self-referencing sectors or sector-height transfer.

BONUS THEME!

4. Use of damaging sectors that aren't liquid - for example, use crackle rock (RROCK05/SLIME09), blinking FLAT22, use zoon-tex's colors to denote damage sectors, etc. Be creative!

RESOURCES! Both of these are optional.

Zoon-tex v2.7
For a huge variety of colorful textures. Please don't add this to your WAD (due to its size), just upload your map and specify you used these textures.

Jimmyskies 
For a sizeable variety of colorful skies.

7 hours ago, Eris Falling said:

Nicely done! The lost soul was originally going to be a baron but that was too lame so it's just a joke fight that is kind of a subtle hint to the pain elementals. The two missing monsters are revenants, pressing that switch opens a side passage around the building next to that random pillar - it's where those two spectres came from and the revs are further inside. I realise now there's basically no incentive to go in there except for 100% kills, and maybe it's a slightly quicker way to the red key room. Blah.

lol I just noticed the text near those archviles now. 

9 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Name: Aorta

Music: "Launch Base" from Demonstar Secret Missions 1

Themes: it's red, there's berserk, also a couple of jumps denoted by candles

Format: Boom, only playtested in GZDoom due to known texture conflicts in PrBoom+, SORRY I'M A HACK

Textures: Zoon-tex 2.7 (load this yourself), plus a custom sky from jimmyskies.wad (included)

Quick FDA before bed. Totally functional in prB+ (edit: except maybe the sky, not sure if that's supposed to be that way). These textures are awesome, and I need to make a (non-speed)map with them.

aorta_rd_fda.zip

Edited by rdwpa

Submission for session two...

Name: Bastard Maze
Music: "She Hates Me" - Puddle of Mudd

Build Time: 1hr 40

Themes: Self-referencing textures

Format: Doom 2, probably limit-removing; tested only in GZDoom

Textures: N/A

ph_ass34-2.zip