Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
arepakiller

Anyone managed to run Nuts3.wad smooth?

Still 2018 and I couldn't even run Nuts3.wad, anyone have any configuration for the rendering? or I'm just hitting a very think brick wall?

what are your specs friend? you should be able to run it pretty easily, unless you're using a poorly optimized port, like a zdoom port or somethin

4 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

Prboom+

I'm probably a noob but why is GZDOOM not that great? I though it was the best of all. Also I was using project Brutality for it :D

In simple terms, GZDoom is great because it adds so many features above and beyond most other ports. That's also the same reason it's the least optimised and most likely to lag.

10 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

In simple terms, GZDoom is great because it adds so many features above and beyond most other ports. That's also the same reason it's the least optimised and most likely to lag.

Does GZDOOM uses the Graphics card? I got a good one but I do not know how to actually make it to use it. Since it is OpenGL, I don't know how to.

It has nothing to do with graphics cards. Playsim processing is entirely a CPU task. Graphics cards are only relevant to rendering (at-least for Doom, anyway), and the problem with the nuts series has very little to do with rendering.

GZDoom has to perfrom more calculations per object in order to allow higher monster customization, which results in slowdowns in extreme cases like this.

42 minutes ago, bonnie said:

unless you're using a poorly optimized port, like a zdoom port or somethin

Not that bullshit again, please.

15 minutes ago, Memfis said:

GZDoom has to perfrom more calculations per object in order to allow higher monster customization, which results in slowdowns in extreme cases like this.

Thanks, also, any good launcher that it is updated or current?

15 minutes ago, boris said:

Not that bullshit again, please.

26 minutes ago, Memfis said:

29 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

It has nothing to do with graphics cards. Playsim processing is entirely a CPU task. Graphics cards are only relevant to rendering (at-least for Doom, anyway), and the problem with the nuts series has very little to do with rendering.

45 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

Thanks, here are your results, and I get a a good FPS, holy moly I didn't expect this smooth. Even runs background ♥

Nice!.png

Update: ignore the Cheat for now, something worth noticing, if you use the DOOM cheats and restart game, I get even better FPS.

9 minutes ago, arepakiller said:

hooray

also, gzdoom is "great" only when you make use of the additional features through mods and zdoom-only maps and such.

since you said you usually use project brutality, then gzdoom is probably great for you, friend. otherwise, in cases such as this and really anytime you don't want to use mods or play zdoom-only maps (or play mutliplayer), it becomes not-so-great.

1 minute ago, bonnie said:

hooray

also, gzdoom is "great" only when you make use of the additional features through mods and zdoom-only maps and such.

since you said you usually use project brutality, then gzdoom is probably great for you, friend. otherwise, in cases such as this and really anytime you don't want to use mods or play zdoom-only maps (or play mutliplayer), it becomes not-so-great.

Thanks, Appreciate the help on a newb. Any wads worth playing for a newb and amateur?