Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

Post Your (Other) Video Game Screenshots Here

24 minutes ago, Avoozl said:

No I am not mad for someone challenging my opinions, at first I thought you were including me in what you said about "Yet a number of people somehow expect the exact same art design as Blizzard North's Diablo? I think it's a silly argument honestly." because I wasn't trying to do what those people did but I clearly misread you.

I've been on here for almost 9 years now and nobody until now has assumed I got mad over someone challenging my opinion, I am not good at explaining things and they get read differently than how I thought I explained myself.

It's all good man, really. I just see this pattern in gaming where people refuse to play a game in a series for a silly reason, so I like to poke fun. But if the online only element is what ultimately keeps you from trying it I can understand that at least. I was staunchly DRM-free only for a period of like 5 years.

I need to try to get into Diablo again. I wasn't able to do so before, but I can't help but feel like I'm missing out.

9 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

I need to try to get into Diablo again. I wasn't able to do so before, but I can't help but feel like I'm missing out.

Not the only one. Since I was stuck with a toaster for a decade I never had the chance of truly exploring more games and missed a lot of them over the years.

5 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

Not the only one. Since I was stuck with a toaster for a decade I never had the chance of truly exploring more games and missed a lot of them over the years.

In my case it was because I was butchered by the Butcher and rage quit lol. I have to try again with another class.

+112,000 points during a pumpkin moon in terraria with relatively decent gear in a rather makeshift "arena" on expert mode. Still think I could greatly improve this, but the last people I showed this didn't bother trying to beat it. Anybody interested in motivating me to improve on my score by beating it? (Machine based automated arenas don't count, all the killing must be done by the player)

PM_exmode.jpg

27 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

+112,000 points during a pumpkin moon in terraria with relatively decent gear in a rather makeshift "arena" on expert mode. Still think I could greatly improve this, but the last people I showed this didn't bother trying to beat it. Anybody interested in motivating me to improve on my score by beating it? (Machine based automated arenas don't count, all the killing must be done by the player)

PM_exmode.jpg

The Last Prism is pretty great. Although have you considered the Horseman Blade + Slime Statue setup? Or is that automated according to you?

Just now, SGS Man said:

The Last Prism is pretty great. Although have you considered the Horseman Blade + Slime Statue setup? Or is that automated according to you?

Invul-machines are not allowed either

1 minute ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Invul-machines are not allowed either

I understand. I preferred designing semi-automated / automated setups myself. I found it added a layer of problem-solving to Terraria.

So yeah, I couldn't beat your score even if I wanted to.

So terraria doom group when? Also

1 hour ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

the last people I showed this didn't bother trying to beat it.

Heh

My only thing would be coming up with a tier of gear to use, as using the last prism, a post moon lord weapon, basically destroys any semblance of standardizing a tier to use. If I'm still current, that's end-game gear anyway, so why not use the best armor, accessories, etc? I can see setting a no traps, no electricity, nothing automated, or simple arena/flat ground only type of rule, but you've already opened pandoras box with the last prism. Frankly I'd be more interested in a high score regardless of methods used, as long as no cheats, or a high score via only pre-pumpkin moon (or other event/boss) gear. But that's all beside the point as my laptop is down for the time being anyway :( But when it's fixed...

Terraria doom group when? ;p

29 minutes ago, Fonze said:

Frankly I'd be more interested in a high score regardless of methods used, as long as no cheats, or a high score via only pre-pumpkin moon (or other event/boss) gear. But that's all beside the point as my laptop is down for the time being anyway :( But when it's fixed...

Any semi decent machine based setup will most likely beat anything just based on player skill. You can already reach very high scores with just a cannon based setup and a lava-covered floor.

I think if we're gonna talk about rules, then I suggest:

whatever gear people wanna use, let them use it

Seperate competitions between melee/mage/ranged/summon

flat and 2 sided arenas

no machinery, because machines are too powerful to even be in the same "league" as just player-inflicted damage

38 minutes ago, Fonze said:

So terraria doom group when? Also

Heh

My only thing would be coming up with a tier of gear to use, as using the last prism, a post moon lord weapon, basically destroys any semblance of standardizing a tier to use. If I'm still current, that's end-game gear anyway, so why not use the best armor, accessories, etc? I can see setting a no traps, no electricity, nothing automated, or simple arena/flat ground only type of rule, but you've already opened pandoras box with the last prism. Frankly I'd be more interested in a high score regardless of methods used, as long as no cheats, or a high score via only pre-pumpkin moon (or other event/boss) gear. But that's all beside the point as my laptop is down for the time being anyway :( But when it's fixed...

Terraria doom group when? ;p

Terraria Challenge -

Expert + Hardcore mode, Frost Moon wave 20, No Health Upgrades, No Armor, Broken Copper Shortsword only.

Also, seriously is it possible to reach wave 20 of the Frost Moon without special arenas / automation?

6 hours ago, KVELLER said:

In my case it was because I was butchered by the Butcher and rage quit lol. I have to try again with another class.

The Butcher is probably the hardest boss in the original Diablo and it's encountered very early by level 2 of the Cathedral usually, and the player regardless of class isn't going to be leveled up enough or have the necessary gear to reliably take him on until sometime after you've finished the Catacombs, which is halfway through the game (8 out of 16 levels). But the Butcher is easier to tackle with the Rogue and Sorcerer, assuming the map you're on has a fence. Make sure you haven't blocked a door (enemy dying in the middle of the doorway) to a room with a fence, then remember where it is, lure the Butcher out and run back to the area and close the door. The Butcher can be shot through the fence with your bow or spells without any harm coming to you. As for the Warrior, you'll want decent armor and a high damaging weapon, preferably a sword so you can use a shield (clubs are good against undead, not so much against demons).

lol, I dunno, Diablo vanilla is probably one of the easiest game for me. I just know to much about the game because I played it as much as I played classic Doom. The Butcher is actually easily killed by a warrior lvl 6-7, get a skull cap of 4 AC, leather armor of atleast 12 AC and a claymore. If you have the chance to have the ring of truth in the quest which is also on lvl 2, wear it too.

I actually started playing again today and managed to kill him with the warrior. I didn't do anything special, besides making sure that I was the one to deal the first blow so he didn't stunlock me to death.

4 hours ago, SGS Man said:

Also, seriously is it possible to reach wave 20 of the Frost Moon without special arenas / automation?

Probably, but the question imo would be at what point gear could accommodate for that. Terraria is all about the preparation/setup:skill ratio, each being a trade-off of the other and with both being equally important and viable strats in their own right for most of the game, though most people will use a combo of both, or in other words just enough of a setup to make killing the boss or whatever easier to do with a players build and skill.

Of course a devils advocate could argue that even setting up flat land is preparing a special arena and that only computer-generated landscapes could count in a no-prep type of setup. When shooting for high scores in the pumpkin and frost moon events, even a hole in the ground that isn't even on your screen can spawn enemies, which lowers the maximum efficiency your setup can even use, let alone what you'll achieve. All setups for these events require special arenas to reach the top waves without running out of time, so ultimately the argument would just come down to where in the sand do we draw this line? Is it bad to be able to set stuff up so i dont have to move to kill a boss? Is it bad that i can leave my computer and come back to a dead boss because my setup is so complete that no skill, movement, attack, or even human is required to win? And that's part of the beauty of terraria is that it's so difficult to categorize even something as simple as cheating because the same effect can be achieved in so many ways that all *actual* cheating does is save a player time from gathering whatever it is they want. Never mind world viewers for chests and ores, let's look at cloning. What's the difference between cloning some platinum and me setting up an afk farm to raise mass quantities of it? Or farming a boss repeatedly? Just my time, that which through an afk farm wouldn't even necessarily have to be spent on the game. Set up a farm and go to sleep, check back, go to work, etc. So what does not cheating buy you? Playing the game. We only cheat ourselves, heh; most of the fun of terraria is "getting there." My point here isn't to defend cheating, but that terraria allows so many different ways to progress in it that drawing a line in the sand really isn't so clear cut. Everything about terraria is personalized to how you as an individual player decide to progress, and I think that's really cool; we set our own rules. It also makes it a good game to get old ppl into, for obvious reasons (setup>skill). 

[/ramble]

4 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Any semi decent machine based setup will most likely beat anything just based on player skill. You can already reach very high scores with just a cannon based setup and a lava-covered floor.

I think if we're gonna talk about rules, then I suggest:

whatever gear people wanna use, let them use it

Seperate competitions between melee/mage/ranged/summon

flat and 2 sided arenas

no machinery, because machines are too powerful to even be in the same "league" as just player-inflicted damage

That sounds good as any other set of rules I suppose, though I've always been more partial to both building arenas and using all tools at my disposal, so I would want a category for both more intricate arenas and for machine assisted, though I don't use cannons so I might want an additional one for non-balance-breaking (a fun falacy) machine assisted. My setup was always temple traps for the easy guys and heart/star statues for myself, along with honey pools, campfires and heart lanterns. Ultimately our lines in the sand might have all of us standing miles apart, Idk. Still, as terraria is so personalized, and as this is just a challenge, you can set the rules to be what you want them to be, as we all do whenever we turn on terraria. That all rambled, I like your rules and maybe one day I'll give the run a shot :)

Btw, I see you have a pet out in that screenie; iirc if you have space for a pet you may be missing at least one (actually useful) buff. 

JzIe5X6.png

If it wasn't for being across the lava where this bastard can't get to me I would be dead in 2 seconds. I have no idea how the mod author expected you to fight some of these bosses with the Warrior later on, I have pretty great stats all-round, recently upgraded a lot of equipment, only to have it all be pissed away because I'm stunlocked into eternity and chopped down with no way to get a hit in because the fucker is too fast and also way, way too strong. He also does cold damage to slow you down. I'm sorry but, what? Cheesed the absolute shit out of him by spamming Guardian spell and pelting at him with arrows from a decent bow and it still took a full minute before he finally dropped. Yeah, what? I'm starting to wonder if this mod is even possible on Hell and 'Torment' difficulty with a Warrior.

I just found this stupid secret in E1M6 of Blood while playing it through the GDX port.

iAYpyN1.jpg

On 20/02/2018 at 11:20 PM, cyan0s1s said:

JzIe5X6.png

If it wasn't for being across the lava where this bastard can't get to me I would be dead in 2 seconds. I have no idea how the mod author expected you to fight some of these bosses with the Warrior later on, I have pretty great stats all-round, recently upgraded a lot of equipment, only to have it all be pissed away because I'm stunlocked into eternity and chopped down with no way to get a hit in because the fucker is too fast and also way, way too strong. He also does cold damage to slow you down. I'm sorry but, what? Cheesed the absolute shit out of him by spamming Guardian spell and pelting at him with arrows from a decent bow and it still took a full minute before he finally dropped. Yeah, what? I'm starting to wonder if this mod is even possible on Hell and 'Torment' difficulty with a Warrior.

This mod is so d2 influenced, I mean, lol.

Yeah it is, I would by no means recommend it over the original game, but it's at least more faithful to the aesthetic than something like The Hell.

11 minutes ago, cyan0s1s said:

Yeah it is, I would by no means recommend it over the original game, but it's at least more faithful to the aesthetic than something like The Hell.

The Hell is so buggy, and not balanced too. What I liked about Belzeebub is the addition of the quests that was meant to be in the original game.

Playing some classic SNES games for the first time (Super Mario World and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past), fun stuff!

O3AXZwq.png

SZ58Kmx.png

Vcsz9ua.png

q0p3MH4.png

LtukokM.png