Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Abyssal Speedmapping Session 34 - The first person to say it gets deleted from the internet

On 2/1/2018 at 8:44 PM, Obsidian said:

Ooh, I know that place!

Did you organise the cyclone just for me?  Because really, you didn't need to!

Well, I participated during the session mostly as a way of trying to get back into mapping and it turns out I need more time than that to make something, haha.

quick bug report. tried to ironman ass34, got only made it to @Myst.Haruko's map07: it has an inescapable pit in the room with lots of rockets (linedef 150, 154).  got stuck in there trying to jump down; but the impassible-ness of the lines weren't telegraphed well and not all of them were impassible.

I'll fix it later, unless someone can add impassable flag on those lines. It's still 4:51 am(while I'm writing this post) and everyone is sleeping, so no point to switch laptop on this early hour. 

I've fixed the issue with @Myst.Haruko's map mentioned above.

Here's an update which I'm considering a release candidate, so unless any bugs are reported, this will get uploaded to /idgames, with @Obsidian's permission, of course.

Download abyspe34-rc.zip (15.5MB)

This update includes @galileo31dos01's status bar (many thanks, it looks great!), plus an update to one of @TMD's maps that includes a new sky. @an_mutt's map has also been given its proper sky.

I also may have snuck in some tiny updates to my maps to address things that were bugging me but don't mind me just being a perfectionist all over my speedmaps again

I've asked about this a few times and it doesn't seem to have changed yet, but could the missing textures in my map please get fixed? Lines 86 and 87 need SP_HOT1 applied to them. It's a very minor issue, sure, but it's been bugging the hell out of me.

Could the four blocky pillars in my second map switch textures with the sides of the starting teleport as well? Sorry for asking again, but it's bothering me so much because that's not how the map looked on my end or while I was making it.

Sorry about that. I've updated the maps with those changes - check the download again and those maps should now have those fixes.

Well, played maps 01-08 tonight. Really amazing stuff for speedmaps, guys! I'm loving this. Well, I figured I'd review what I'd seen. Who needs words when you have modern internet emotes? 😉

MAP01:👍👍

MAP02: 👮🔚

MAP03: 🍎🔥

MAP04: ⭕🏃2️⃣🏆

MAP05: 🔟/🔟

MAP06: 🛢️😀

MAP07:🆕✝️🏃

MAP08:💯/🔟

1 hour ago, bioshockfan90 said:

Who needs words when you have modern internet emotes? 😉

You do, sonny Jim.

Ding!

In 24 hours I'm gonna upload this to the archives. Lemme know if I missed anything before then.

ass