Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Poncho

Return to Hadron demos [-complevel 3]

Episode 1 on DSDA

Episode 2 on DSDA

The WAD isn't complete, but for the time being, if anyone is interested, here's the thread for Return to Hadron demos (complevel 3 since it's Ultimate DOOM).

Link to download Return to Hadron Episode 1:

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom/Ports/g-i/hadron

Link to download Return to Hadron Episode 2:

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom/Ports/g-i/hadrone2

Then again, I'm relatively new to Doomworld, so I'm not sure if creating this thread is allowed, but hey-ho. Someone will be bound to tell me.

Edited by Maribo

Huh? But aren't I already posting demos into a thread?

Like I said, I'm pretty new to the forums, so a few instructions would certainly help. :D

WADs & Mods is mainly for posting maps, projects, midis, and mods. If people want to post/seek demos, there is a section where you can post them, which is the link in the word "here" in my previous post, or use this:

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/37-doom-speed-demos/

You can find it at the main page (Home). Anyway, soon or later an admin will probably move your thread into that section, so don't worry, and enjoy the forum!

Ahhhhhh, it's that dark blue box that says "Start New Topic", isn't it?

Well, considering I already made it, and that you said it would [eventually] be moved, I might be a lazy bastard and just wait for that. Unless restarting the thread from scratch is a better option?

1 hour ago, Poncho said:

The WAD isn't complete, but for the time being, if anyone is interested, here's the thread for Return to Hadron demos (complevel 3 since it's Ultimate DOOM).

I'm not really sure why people should commit to doing demos for a WAD that is still subject to change in some way shape or form. I mean, It's not like I have anything against that per se, but as soon as some stuff changes in any of the maps which are being demoed now, the demos are most likely gonna desync.

1 minute ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

I'm not really sure why people should commit to doing demos for a WAD that is still subject to change in some way shape or form. I mean, It's not like I have anything against that per se, but as soon as some stuff changes in any of the maps which are being demoed now, the demos are most likely gonna desync.

I dunno, I find that it could be done to practice for the real WAD or something.

And besides, this has been done before (BTSX-E1, Scythe, Alien Vendetta, etc.)

The series isn't complete -- episode 3 is still yet to be finished -- but the individual episodes already on idgames are unlikely to see changes. Anyway, might as well ask @cannonball himself.

edit: I'd suggest taking "episode 1" out of the thread title; it'd be tidier to put all RtH demos in one thread, with e3 being posted as well when it is finished.

Well, since we're (apparently) putting the demos here [for the time being], I'll follow up with this:

E1M2 UV-Max in 2:14

rhe1m2-214.zip

Edited by Poncho

If people make demos, it will certainly persuade me to not do any changes to the maps, so thank you for making me do less work. :D

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not... ? (I'm really bad at catching onto stuff like that).

So if you're pissed that I've created this, just tell me.

56 minutes ago, Poncho said:

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not... ? (I'm really bad at catching onto stuff like that).

So if you're pissed that I've created this, just tell me.

No sarcasm here, I am creating episode 3 at the moment (five maps done), and up to this point there had been no demos so I was pondering whether I was going to make edits to episodes one and two as there were a couple of oversights (For example E1M8 breaks in a couple of more obscure engines for example) that could be fixed. But if people made demos then I would leave the wad as it is.

This also goes for potentially merging the wads together at the end into a full 3 episode thing. In the end the production of demos makes the decision for me which isn't a bad thing.

I have watched all of the max demos so far, good job and keep them coming.

11 minutes ago, cannonball said:

No sarcasm here, I am creating episode 3 at the moment (five maps done), and up to this point there had been no demos so I was pondering whether I was going to make edits to episodes one and two as there were a couple of oversights (For example E1M8 breaks in a couple of more obscure engines for example) that could be fixed. But if people made demos then I would leave the wad as it is.

This also goes for potentially merging the wads together at the end into a full 3 episode thing. In the end the production of demos makes the decision for me which isn't a bad thing.

I have watched all of the max demos so far, good job and keep them coming.

Cheers for the kind words.

As for more demos, that'll be complicated (at the moment) since I'm back at school. :(

16 hours ago, Dime said:

Return to Hadron Map 01 UV-Max

Well done. 

(edited because I initially thought this was in the miscellaneous demos thread. Oops). 

Edited by Poncho1

Return to Hadron E1

Episode 1 UV-Speed in 20:09 - r1he1-2009.zip

This is the Prepared run I did for the Ironman. It's just a cleaner version of the 23, essentially, and I'm moving on from grinding for the ~17-18 because it's just irritating to try and shove through the rougher middle section.