Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

If you were forced to have a noisy neighbour, would you rather them play loud songs or loud midi files?

TBH I think midi would be less annoying.  Put some going through my stereo by mistake and it got me wondering about the whole thing.

My neighbors are already noisy, in an even more annoying way, so I would honestly accept either. Any kind of music, midi or not, is better than two small children who seem to particularly enjoy screeching at the top of their lungs. Hell I'd even gladly take a black midi or Mock 2 OST over that.

1 minute ago, invictius said:

Hypothetically though. 

Probably loud songs, I think midis would be much more stressful.

1 hour ago, 129thVisplane said:

My neighbors are already noisy, in an even more annoying way, so I would honestly accept either. Any kind of music, midi or not, is better than two small children who seem to particularly enjoy screeching at the top of their lungs. Hell I'd even gladly take a black midi or Mock 2 OST over that.

Look at the bright side, it's the children who are loud, not making them.

idk the sound of fucking can be a lot more bearable than screeching little shits. I'd rather stay in my current setup where I hear neither coming from neighbours.

Also what the hell caused this thread to even exist?

My current neighbors are noisy and weird. 3 guys living with 1 girl, 1 baby. Fireworks every party. Big... illegal fireworks. Easy to spot, so I wonder why the cops haven't shut them down. Every party is loud music and they're across the road. Some dude runs his motorcycle through their front lawn at midnight or 1 AM. Like doing circles. Not every night, just once a month. They also keep their vehicles close to the road, but they have a parking lot that can fit 6 vehicles. There was a good sized parking lot put in by the previous owners, but they paved over more of their front lawn to fit more vehicles.

Before them, there was a neighbor 4+ houses away that blasted music.

MIDI being blast would be terrible. At least when its music all I can hear is the bass.

Edited by geo

It depends on the song and the quality of the recording.

Generally, the MIDI is less annoying, because no stupid lyrics, if it is a pop song.

But if the MIDI had a continuous high note that pierces my ears, I can't stand a single second of it and I instead would pick any stupid trap/dubstep/pop whatever song.

Loud songs easily.

If the song is immensely popular, it may be somewhat catchy. Even if the song is relatively niche, it'll probably end up bearable.

Midis, on the other hand, run the risk of being screech fests with stupidly high tones that annoy me to no end.

5 hours ago, 129thVisplane said:

Black midi... lmao  You sure about that? That's nightmare fuel times a thousand.

1 hour ago, geo said:

My current neighbors are noisy and weird. 3 guys living with 1 girl, 1 baby. Fireworks every party. Big... illegal fireworks. Easy to spot, so I wonder why the cops haven't shut them down. Every party is loud music and they're across the road. Some dude runs his motorcycle through their front lawn at midnight or 1 AM. Like doing circles. Not every night, just once a month. They also keep their vehicles close to the road, but they have a parking lot that can fit 6 vehicles. There was a good sized parking lot put in by the previous owners, but they paved over more of their front lawn to fit more vehicles.

Before them, there was a neighbor 4+ houses away that blasted music.

MIDI being blast would be terrible. At least when its music all I can hear is the bass.

Dude....your neighbors are fucking dicks. How have you resisted the urge to rip them limb from limb? I work 3rd shift, so if anything like this happened during my sleep time, you best believe someone is getting hurt, myself or the assholes being...well, assholes.

You know, for some reason I love MIDIs. It doesn't matter what kind of MIDI it is, I'd prefer that to a probably generic and/or annoying song.

The idea of onestop.mid playing through the walls is pretty funny to me. Once or twice anyway, haha.

As someone who has lived next loud, inconsiderate pieces of shit who play their music at max volume at terrible hours, I'd go with MIDI, specifically the General MIDI soundfont that Windows uses by default. I don't think all those repetitive bass drops and booming beats would be quite as loud. Modern musicians have found out how to put the sound of a fucking nuclear explosion into each bass kick. Great if it's music that isn't vapid horseshit played at 3AM while I'm trying to sleep, otherwise give me that tinny, hollow sounding bass drum.. Might at least be able to sleep through it.

Thankfully the cunts who lived near me who use to do this shit seemingly moved out around November of last year. I feel like my life has improved overall since then and I'm sure that's because sleeping is actually an option now.

My racket owns, so Imma roll out some hard kicks for the win:

EDIT: If that doesn't cut it, I can always fire up traktor and give some of my favourite DnB tunes a spin. Here's one for y'all:

At this point, anything beats the uncomfortable and sometimes very odd sounds of my neighbors getting it on at random hours of the night :-|

I'll choose midi though for the sake of staying on topic ;)

@Nine Inch Heels, are you just using this thread as a proxy excuse to post butts? >:p

as for the topic: i'm Noisy, but i use headphones so it's never an issue.  Though, in some odd way, I can sorta understand the pleasure of using music to be an asshole.  This thread will serve me well if I ever plan to piss off my neighbors.

also, i've dormed next to deaf people, and I can tell you that some deaf people do in fact listen to music; but they basically turn up the bass all the way so they can listen to literally feel the rhythm in a tactile way.  Fun stuff at 3am.  I can tune most things out if i have to, but if given a choice i'd go with what Doomkid said.

8 minutes ago, NoisyVelvet said:

are you just using this thread as a proxy excuse to post butts? >:p

it is a fine butt with nice lingerie and high heels, I shouldn't need an excuse for that ;-)

EDIT: also I didn't make that picture and put it in a YouTube clip, so don't blame me for this. The tune is great, and that's why I posted it.

8 hours ago, Chewyninja69 said:

Dude....your neighbors are fucking dicks. How have you resisted the urge to rip them limb from limb? I work 3rd shift, so if anything like this happened during my sleep time, you best believe someone is getting hurt, myself or the assholes being...well, assholes.

Not to derail the topic, but I have stories about my neighbors. I'll blog about it instead.

I'll just play my music louder. Being a dick to other dicks! It's a dick contest! I actually did this once when I lived in an apartment back in Minnesota and the guy banged on my door and told me to turn my music down. After some really nice words exchanged, we both turned our music back down.

44 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

As a fan of butts I approve that thumbnail.

The whitest butt I've seen.

I'd try a couple of these on for retaliation and outmusic all neighbors' music:

E: Oh, and most Prometheus Burning tracks, this one's a favorite!

My neighbors aren't too bad for the most part.But when they get too loud, my lovely little white noise machine drowns out the worst of it.Glad I have it!

Loud midi files.  I cannot screen out the human voice, so loud music all the time with vocals would probably drive me crazier than I already am.

10 hours ago, MrDeAD1313 said:

At this point, anything beats the uncomfortable and sometimes very odd sounds of my neighbors getting it on at random hours of the night :-|

I had a neighbor once who would very audibly have his gf over at random times of the day (and I do mean random).  One morning, I was fed up, I put this timeless classic on, cranked up the volume, and pointed my speakers at my paper thin wall.  I don't think I heard those noises again.