Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

7 minutes ago, yakfak said:

- less than eleven months to go

- the colour red is not allowed to appear in this map unless it's on a lost soul

- giggle

right%20textures2.png

that vinesauce competition is creating some interesting layouts by better mappers than me

no way am i ever entering another creative competition after spending long draining years on botb

You made a botb(battle of the bits) map?Where?

2 hours ago, Catpho said:

Thats look like doom millennium tier stuff.

I'd hope so, seeing how that's the project it's for.

3 minutes ago, Avoozl said:

There's clearly some red on that computer graphic.

Clearly the thing you think is a computer graphic is actually a lost soul :o

10 minutes ago, yakfak said:

- less than eleven months to go

- the colour red is not allowed to appear in this map unless it's on a lost soul

- giggle

How nitpicky are you willing to go with that restriction?

13 minutes ago, Gez said:

How nitpicky are you willing to go with that restriction?

put it this way: this is for teh megaproject so the overtly red font can't be changed, i have already used fireblu as a trim and the other monsters on the map are imps and archviles. :)) i was just lightly teasing other posts talking about red, orange and yellow regions of their maps in progress

3 hours ago, Lüt said:

HOPELESSLY OUTDATED:

I was wondering where Vrack 4 went.

5 minutes ago, Mira said:

Guess the WAD!

The Darkening, Episode 2 (DARKEN2.WAD).

2 minutes ago, Scorpinax said:

Uh oh, 2 percent health. I'm gonna guess that last one was taken right before death? lol

The screenshots are getting out of my hands ahahah

Almost done with my Vinesauce map. It's now in a state I'd be comfortable submitting it; so I have a couple of days to add final touches. :)

One such final touch - Automap cleanup. Since this map extensively uses stacked sector portals I had to  do SOMETHING to clean it up, heh.

Below are the two editor shots, and then the in-game automap where the cleanup has been done and the two 'halves' are stacked.

Bottom half (main section)

4804efd1f98a03bd310259e9c7c9aa0e.png

Top Half (upper floors, secret areas, rooftops etc)

6f1c48de10ee15f7e5455fd8d03ff6a7.png

In Game Automap (Some lines might be missing thanks to me not viewing them before taking the screenshot, but I'd say 95% has been revealed.)

bbabd13a4fd0f9aa12edeb7001592c80.png

Likewise, funnily enough they aren't gaps! They're where the grey lines indicating a 3D floor are. (why grey??? poorly chosen colour if you ask me.)

Thanks for mentioning it though, I had a spark while typing this and came up with a solution (move the floor below up by 1px without a side texture to make it render nicely on the map).

cfac4145e17a992cae15846d29a15a9d.png

Things boring mappers do: putting "block monster" lines on teleporters. Come on, just let me lure that caco to the portal so I can telefrag it. Don't rob me of the fun! It's not even a trivial trick: it's easy to mistime it and appear right in front of the enemy.

7ppCsKX.png

If anyone asked me "What was the turning point in your mapping career?", I'd respond just with one sentence "Comp textures.". Seriously tho, i luv them

Screenshot_Doom_20180225_221904.png

Just now, Dragonfly said:

(27 + 24 + 56 + 21 + 14 + 55 + 24) / 7 = 31.57

;P

Uh. Thanks.

I don't mind math.

@ukiro it is a complete and utter coincidence! My apologies for exciting you! :P I'm not too into trance, I can enjoy the 'classics' such as Tiesto, but beyond that my knowledge on the genre is close to zero.