Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fredrik

Interesting DOOM 3 discovery (spoiler alert)

Finally we know what's in the doom crates! :)

If you study the gray crates found in level 2 in the alpha (texture name sopbox2a), you'll find that there's a warning sign with the number 3293.

3293 is supposedly (I am not sure) the hazard code for Hydrazine (N2H4), which is a highly toxic and flammable substance that is used as rocket fuel.

Any coincidence with Carmack being a rocket scientist here? Maybe the artist photoed that sign off something of Armadillo's... or it's a conspiracy! Yes! John Carmack starrs in DOOM 3 as himself, a mad rocket scientist trying to take over the world mwahahah!

Nice find! :D That's really neat, I bet it is from Armadillo.

Anyone else notice the boxes that say, "Poop" on them? :) hehe

Seriously, go through the first door on e3/e3_1 and to your right, the boxes on the shelves.

They're actually called "Poopy".

I really don't want to know what's in those. Perhaps the maintenance workers get digestive problems due to the Mars atmosphere/UAC food :P

nice find dude, i also noticed some of the zombies saying poppy as well...strange....strange....strange....

Trasher][ said:
Wow, people finding eastereggs before the freakin demo's out.

Sad, sad :-(

dsm is right. At first I really didn't think that the leak would affect anything much. But as much as the real version will be so much cooler, it's sad. I mean, I imagined that (since I'll have my new laptop before then) that most members would get the game at about the same time, and we'd all gossip and drool for days talking freely about every aspect of the great game. Now this affect will certainly be muffled because some of you have already seen some things and put them out... sad...

I dunno, I disagree, when I play the full version, I beleive that when I see something I saw from the alpha, I'll go, hey, cool, I remember this bit, or hey, they changed this area alot, awesome :D. It just depends on your point of veiw I guess.

Hah. You're just jealous because you can't play it.

I really think all these people "taking the moral high ground" are retards. But then, I'm also apparently chaotic evil, so feh.

Katarhyne said:

Hah. You're just jealous because you can't play it.

I really think all these people "taking the moral high ground" are retards. But then, I'm also apparently chaotic evil, so feh.

*snigger* Oh I can play it all right, but I don't want to. Jealous? Why the fuck should I be jealous? I'm going to enjoy the full game more than the rest of you because I haven't already seen the game.

Or more accurately: the leaked movie IS the alpha.

I'm not worried about having anything spoiled... this leaked version only shows off what the engine is capable of. I bet we won't see these maps at all in the final game and all the models, AI, animations will have changed. Plus I don't consider Poop(y) to be an easter egg.

Damn, I'm itching to upgrade now... I'd love to play the alpha at 30fps. Hmm... actually, if I can get the alpha to run now with current CPUs and GPUs, then I should be fine when the final copy is released with all its optimizations. Maybe I'll just mozy on over to pricewatch.... :)