Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bioshockfan90

Forum Update?

Looks like the forums look completely different again. And with reacts. Anyone else seeing this change? Must've happened within the past few hours. Love it? Hate it? Only time will tell.

I find it hard to tell if I like it or not. It's jarring, but that's to be expected with any forum change, regardless of quality. 

Refresh the forums and I'm just like "Wait, what the heck?"
Definitely liking the theme so far. It hasn't been up long, but my first impression is good.

As sort of a pre-warning, IPS (the forum software) is naturally hostile to dark themes, so the most likely class of issues you'll find is either some variant of "white text on a white background" or "stuff randomly floating in a black void."  Off the top of my head, there's a date selector somewhere that never got ousted fully ('cause I never got around to finding where it is :P ).

BTW, Ling didn't explicitly state it, but this theme update is really just part of a full-on forum software version upgrade, which should fix... uh, something. Maybe. I dunno; ask him. :P

5 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

Really liking the alternative Fireblu theme, nice job. Hoping this one can get released for public use eventually. 

I only see options for the new default and a plain white theme.  Unless I'm looking in the wrong place...

Since it seems like it can handle multiple themes, any possibility to have the previous one as an option?

3 minutes ago, Ajora said:

I find it hard to tell if I like it or not. It's jarring, but that's to be expected with any forum change, regardless of quality. 

give it a few days, i assume.

i like how the likes are subdued and not bright red.  If you're mixing blue and red, you might as well go all the way, like the thing @rdwpa said.

6 minutes ago, cyan0s1s said:

Comic Sans Lin, really?

You don't know the half of it... ;)

@wildweasel I noticed that too.

On the topic of the change, it looks quite nice. I commend Xaser and anyone else who might've pitched in for this sleek design!

Gah, now I've got an avatar forced on me!  Time to figure out how to replace it with a transparent 1x1 image.

4 minutes ago, Cynical said:

Gah, now I've got an avatar forced on me!  Time to figure out how to replace it with a transparent 1x1 image.

Just copy some of that darker blue, paste it, and enjoy your "non-avatar" ;-)

It's not quite perfect (for some reason, Snipping Tool messes up the colors a bit), but it's an improvement, I suppose.

Gez seems to have figured it out. If that's still being problematic, try this one:

SigYpUp.png

Same shade -- Greenshot is love and life.

Feels like a slightly more sleek version of what we're all used to, but nothing that seems so different it disrupts use at all. Good stuff!

EDIT: One thing that's kind of weird and redundant looking is that many members have "Member" as their title and are also in the "Members" category, resulting in a lot of users having "Member, Members" right next to eachother. Maybe the group category called "Members" should be changed to "Users" or some such to avoid this redundantly weird and redundant little oddity?

Edited by Doomkid

As long as it is blue, I don't care that much about the theme, though I was surely surprised a few moments ago, when I first opened it.

Generally, with minimalistic stuff I have to spend some time before getting used to them (example: YouTube).

I've found one problem with spoiler box.

Spoiler

It's too hard to read the words in the spoiler box. I suggest to use different color for the spoiler box, such as black for font.

BUT AT LEAST I CAN USE THIS FONT FOR BETTER VISUAL :D

transparent_pixel.png

Forum barely fits on my phone and posted links break view more, I use opera for phones mostly. I don't know if it happens for other people too. 

23 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

clear.png.b816a177f557b895ba7b61f3eb4e0eee.png<-----

let's see here.... Maybe this works.

EDIT: @Cynical above is an "invisible" box for you

Is all the extra space necessary? here's a 1x1 transparent_pixel.png

You found it!                                   

I've attached it to this post.  It's there, I swear; but you gotta find it.

ps. i think i answered my own question while writing this post