Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Post your Doom textures!

The height levels of the textures' horizontal contours. Makes them a bit of a pain to align vertically if you want to stick to multiples of 8 (the default) when configuring your floor and ceiling heights in a map.

On 1/20/2018 at 8:56 PM, 40oz said:

yeah I think imgur did that because it was a big image. 

those look wonderful. did you make these for a specific project? or were you just intending to release a texture pack?

15 hours ago, Tango said:

those look wonderful. did you make these for a specific project? or were you just intending to release a texture pack?

They're for a project atm, but I'll release them independently for people to use afterwards too.

Making Plutonia-like textures makes me kinda nervous. It's hard to make original stuff because I feel like it deviates too far away from the original theme. It's hard to think of a lot of stuff than isn't just variants of vines or nukage / brown water trims because most of the maps are primarily Doom 2 textured anyway.

Still working on this, but it's supposed to be a basic door with the UAC logo (BGDR = BIG DOOR). The size is supposed to be 128x128 in the final product.

Capture.PNG.9b49806cac2ba4d7db7d593e32d066aa.PNG

On 23/01/2018 at 6:49 PM, Jimmy said:

The height levels of the textures' horizontal contours. Makes them a bit of a pain to align vertically if you want to stick to multiples of 8 (the default) when configuring your floor and ceiling heights in a map.

Ah, ok.

Btw, it doesn't seem that "Cleaner version of BROWN144." is in.

Secondly, would you consider releasing your changed/new textures as a pack of PNGs?

1 minute ago, SuperArjunaButt said:

Oh damn, can I use these snake textures in my WAD?  I'm using a lot of SKSNAKE already, and it would be great to have more variety.

Sure thing. That's why I posted em here, for people to use. :)

Decided to Spice up the TITEPIC from Classic Doom.  Just colorized the demons/players and added a couple monsters.

Going to use this for my MegaWad.  I have the first 2 episodes beta read, 3rd is 70% done, 4th and 5th are about 5% done.

TITLEPIC1.png

7 hours ago, Scorpinax said:

These are all textures i made for my own usage in projects. Feel free to use any of them.

VOMIT81.png

This one is particularly intriguing, what is/was it for?

It was part of a larger selection of paintings I made and then shrunk down. Good for hellish areas or houses, but in particular for a haunted art gallery level where all the monsters are statues (dormant). I have more if you like that one!

These are my first attempts:

5a9c86e18dbc0_facerock.png.e69e75ee25f9fa5a4f67ad68772ead24.png5a9c86dd3d2b0_dirtyrock.png.2186c75430a7e139a0e49650900ff827.png

Feel free to use them for whatever, if you can find anything to use them with

(works with that red and blue hell texture idk what its supposed to be)

7 hours ago, CanyonJack said:

Also made an unpolished marble version

5a9d36c20f4f5_greyarchvillemarble2.png.71fb0da3d8908cf4d3c47e83404afb84.png5a9d36ab83c39_greyarchvillemarble.png.483195ccd20539abb99c724b0358200b.png

we never really see the side of an archville...

Love the face, creepy and nicely fitting

@Expolision Studios for making screenshots, you can use H to toggle the highlights in 3D view, and T in 3D view to toggle things (once to make things invisible, a second time the bring things back but without the boxes around them, and a third time to bring the boxes back).

2 hours ago, NinjaLiquidator said:

@ScorpinaxYou do awesome textures, how you do that dude? They are cool!

Im part of a bunch of texture sharing sites, so I tweak them and make them seamless, also sometimes I go snap pictures of cool brickwork, turn them seamless and make them small so they fit in doom better. A few are hand drawn. Thanks!