Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
uk_resistant

Hellscreen - Doom clone

Wow, I am absolutely loving the visuals. Despite such a limited palette everything can be 'read' at a split-second glance, which is essential for this type of gameplay.

I'll be sure to follow your progress, keep it up! :)

EDIT: I just watched the video. Got some good "Devil Daggers" vibes from the gameplay footage. Payday is around the corner, so hopefully I can scrape up the pennies to become tier 3+ backer.

Edited by Dragonfly

Wow, this is visually amazing... One of the areas in the first GIF looks like H.R. Giger stuff, which is good stuff.

Holy hell, this looks cool!

Made a note of potentially backing this on Kickstarter. c:

Visually stunning and looks promising! Another retro FPS game to keep track of, can't wait to see how this will turn out!

I want this.

Just not enough to donate money. Not after what happened with the System Shock remake. I hope you make your funding goal, though.

My god I want this, I just hope it's not yet another arena shooter, tired of seeing all the potential of gameplay in these games locked to small rooms.

Looks great! Love the design and atmosphere I'm getting from the footage, I would definitely want to explore and see more of these areas presented. Love the weapon design style too, they look badass.

Regarding the gameplay footage, is that a rear-view mirror feature? If so, I like that a lot.

@Uni - It sure is a rear view mirror. At its basic level, it shows you what is behind you. Later on in the game,  you will be able to fire behind you and see enemies that can only be seen in the mirror.

If THAT'S the Doom clone then I'm Vladimir Putin.

No jokes, it isn't. That's something more, unique. I must to see where it will goin'.

Everything looks nice but I am not sure about the muzzle flashes. Too big? Too distracting? These are visuals unlike anything I have seen before but I never preorder and never back on KS because there are no guarantees that you will get a game, much less a good game.

So it has custom maps, not procedurally generated ones, right? Nice, I hope you will release mapping tools at some point? What engine is this?

@CWolf - thanks for the kind words!

@Reaper8888 - thank you!

@VGA - It has designed levels rather than procedural ones, meaning no randomness. Mapping tools is a possibility, depends on budget and time really. It is being made in Unity.

Quake or Hard Reset meets Devil Daggers. I can't see the Doom when you're stuck in a room shooting turrets. The blue feels fugly, but I guess its better than red and brown.

The rear view mirror is innovation.

On 3/1/2018 at 12:49 PM, geo said:

The rear view mirror is innovation.

Is it? I just watched a gameplay video of Tekwar (Build engine) and it had a rear-view "mirror"!

Descent had a rear-view feature.

It looks like a mixture of Quake, Hard Reset and Strife to me.

I agree that it looks stunning, but I'm not sure how fast that colour palette would become annoying.

I know red and cyan are contrasting colors and tend to work well together, but I dunno, the visuals just aren't doing it for me here - very jarring and busy, especially that diffused muzzle flash. Doesn't feel 90s at all. Just my opinion, mind.

Game looks really interesting nonetheless, grats on the milestone, hope you get to take this further.

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

I know red and cyan are contrasting colors and tend to work well together, but I dunno, the visuals just aren't doing it for me here - very jarring and busy, especially that diffused muzzle flash. Doesn't feel 90s at all. Just my opinion, mind.

Game looks really interesting nonetheless, grats on the milestone, hope you get to take this further.

At first I thought he was trying to go for a VGA palette look which would make sense considering the game is trying to be "retro" but imo it doesn't really blend that well with the 3d model enemies and weapons and the high quality bump/specular map on the surfaces which really stick out despite the limited colorspace. I mean it looks good but doesn't really look like a "retro" game more like a stylized modern one

Looks pretty bloody good, mate! Consider me very impressed.

The colours blend together really well, might I add.