Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grimosaur

VINESAUCE DOOM MAPPING CONTEST 2.

I myself would've thrown in a map, but ehh... I've been a lazy twat when it comes to level creation the past couple months. But I do hope for the best luck for those who do put effort into creating maps for this contest.

For some reason, this happens if one of the two portal sectors is in certain coordinates. If you move it to any other location, GZDoom is stable. Although, I do not know. I did not do a ful map testing.

Unfortunately, I did not save the bug-report. Perhaps, a backup copy of the map will be useful later.

Should map to be zipped or not? I'm almost done, but this one thing causes headache.

You can only send PK3 format IIRC. I tried to zip mine with an accompanying text file but wasn't able to, unfortunately.

Unfortunately, I won't finish my map that was for the contest. I'll release it as standalone map or put it in another project. Also, congrats for mappers that made the map in time.

I wasn't able to finish the soundtrack, and I didn't get to do as much detailing as I wanted to. But it was a functional level, and the soundtrack was almost done (it'll just be a bit repetitive) , so I submitted. Good luck to all who were able to submit :)

I finally submitted my map. I hope, I sent right version of wad. Now I can rest and think about something else. 

5 hours 30 mins near deadline... I'm submit my map. Unbelieveble...

These were crazy days. I hope gameplay will not be as bad as last time.

Working on the verge of strength, all the same found the time to finish the map. I wish everyone good luck!

Now I can peacefully go to sleep ...

I'm genuinely excited to see how the quality of the maps has improved since last time.  I think we're going to get a lot of gems this time around!

1 hour ago, StormCatcher.77 said:

5 hours 30 mins near deadline... I'm submit my map. Unbelieveble...

These were crazy days. I hope gameplay will not be as bad as last time.

Working on the verge of strength, all the same found the time to finish the map. I wish everyone good luck!

Now I can peacefully go to sleep ...

I gotta say, I'm excited to see how it turned out. The geometry alone was badass. 

Edited by PepsiBepsi

well Wad submitted yesterday! started off strong but meh, had to pull through this last week lol. had to compromise alot of ideas for the time limit, but i think it came out alright. was too late for the 2016 contest, so have been waiting for this for a while. went through about 20 pots of coffee and 3 cases of soda lol! i'll attach some screenshots! good luck to everyone and hopefully jobel starts the streams soon. oh and the screenshots are super dark for some reason, not sure why.

doomworld1.png

doomworld2.png

doomworld3.png.93c326dd0a820cdbd959e77702888c8f.pngdoomworld4.png.5cc5fc210be742e7598730319d47c304.pngdoomworld5.png.60d51a00d1c9ec54fd3ce3c751051f08.pngdoomworld6.png.27ae9f190e6bc465011e17beccd1f0e7.png

EDIT: tried to get better screenshots!

Edited by avyon7

Well I just submitted my map. Though I'm not really sure if I would even call it that seeing as it failed at almost everything it set out to do because of the time limitations. There are like a 100+ models in the pk3 but not even a third of them are actually used in the level. And the level itself has only like 1.5 min of gameplay. Even worse is that because of time constraints I wasn't even able to detail even the finished areas as much as I wanted -_-

That said, there are still a few cool things in it that I hope impress him in-spite of the level otherwise being a terrible shitshow.

Welp my map is ready to submit. Let's just say that when I said the map would be full of revs I didn't lie :D Especially when it comes to the final part since I had to make that in an hour and a half and didn't really know what to do so I went with some classic BFG spam slaughter lol. The map itself might be a little unbalanced since I did hardly any testing but oh well, it is pretty short so it won't overstay it's welcome anyway

Well I just ate a massive pizza to celebrate the fact the map got submitted. Sure it wasn't what I wanted it to be but it's at least a technical achievement in that it forced me to learn how to use 3D modeling programs (I used Modo and misfit3D) for the purpose of making Doom levels. Sure the final thing wasn't as in-depth as I wanted it to be, but now that I know how to do this future projects will be off immensely higher quality.

I suppose I could share some screenshots of what is basically the entire map. I mean who cares, it's not really that long a map anyway. Yes I know it's not the Doom 3 level of detail I promised, but this is only because, again, I ran out of time. Still I think it looks at least somewhat cool all things considered.

811211829d7eb4d585e13551e5a24480e6fbfdc1

67151861c0d8f81440d46f893aeb8b9a30bb6806

810862715217f25571b344c3a1a382b1baa7604b

290931843692bd25a63cc578ac1222de63a7400b

28077766885af14d5af510158e7ad9a53580c7d6

70306397f10a3196a188aa4a5ba91b21b1aa8f81

10491594ebfd63f3cc81354798f934eea8690b86

51974529a98bc40472c93daac6dd97f4f13bba4a

ah. 7:01, and i JUST realized that i wrote "toot" instead of "doot" for one the skull key pickup messages. frickin H E C K

x8q1L9k.png
So... the contest over already? lol
Anyone else submitted a map beside the ones that have been posted? it might be useful to build a list of DW maps to look forward when the streams starts 

Hope the contest streams start soon and hope to see your maps on stream, last time it took a while to complete so it might be some time before we see the first streams and even more for it to finish

I submitted a few days ago and regretted it an hour later as I looked at my source material again and realized I messed up some details

oh well i like the look of it anyways

3 minutes ago, InsanityBringer said:

I submitted a few days ago and regretted it an hour later as I looked at my source material again and realized I messed up some details

oh well i like the look of it anyways

If it makes you feel any better, 2 minutes after I uploaded I noticed this on like 4 of the light fixtures I put in. Some other little things here and there that I hope he doesn't notice lol.

Screenshot_Doom_20180228_195239.png

19 minutes ago, PepsiBepsi said:

If it makes you feel any better, 2 minutes after I uploaded I noticed this on like 4 of the light fixtures I put in. Some other little things here and there that I hope he doesn't notice lol.

Odds are he won't notice your entire map because he will just turn on god mode and then noclip his way through your map like he did last time once he realized that would be spending 4+hours playing doom maps per stream.

5 minutes ago, hardcore_gamer said:

Odds are he won't notice your entire map because he will just turn on god mode and then noclip his way through your map like he did last time once he realized that would be spending 4+hours playing doom maps per stream.

lol I'm hoping the 1 map limit will solve that problem (but than again, there will probably be a lot of half hour long maps). If we're lucky, we'll get our maps played first and we don't have to worry about that at all. But than again, I'm not that lucky 

5 minutes ago, dobu gabu maru said:

I made it with only 15 minutes to spare! Would've loooooved to have like one extra week to finalize the detailing in some areas (and playtest UV since I didn't even touch that difficulty once!), but what's done is done. Will throw some screenshots of the map up in the Pictures thread some time later.

e3a9dVd.jpg

Nvm, Lemme go to Joel I quit lmao jk I look forward to seeing your map on stream 

@dobu gabu maru As always, giant, detailing and very promising stuff! I recently got acquainted with your work in DMP2015. Probably the most original slaughtermap that i can go through without even shooting ... I hope Joel will not suffer so much? :D