Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xanthier

Finally...Muwahahaha

Well I begin mapping, and i couldn't be happier, I will start with an E1 style level that i posted on general first...let you know when it's finished!

DooMBoy said:

Yay hooray!

Now that you say that...You must playtest! HA!
unless your really don't want to...

well, you can send it to me... if you want. I like to test it and give you input on errors, so you can get better to mapping. :)

my email is in my profile. (I don't hope it is too big, my email is getting full quick)

Ok now what?

WEll Ichor, I started using WAdauthor, I actually plan to try both so i can decide which i prefer...make sense?

But as of now i tried to run my level and i got this "error: could not change directory"

I just know it's a stupid mistake on my part...any feedback?

I will do that TOrn and i'll download your AM I'm sure it will demonstrate your mapping authority skills :)

DOOM Anomaly said:

If or when you care for some play testers, DOOM Anomaly is open for testing 16 hours a day, so dont be shy, you only have your sanity and pride to lose.

Thanks Anom, I'll remember you.

Hey Torn just finished your level, very nice...like a hand carved sculpture...good architecture...and lots of monsters, and well preserved the original theme...lotta ammo too but i played it on the default so maybe that's why i was never shorted, anyway my skills are coming back already only died once on it and finally i began dodging hellknights fire smooth and methodically.....It is time to Doom once more...Oh yea it is!!!

Edit: Holy Crap it was ahem, *cough,cough* I'm too yougn to dier,(muffled)..ahem! how embarrassing, I will go and play it on a worthy skill level...damn!

Xanthier said:

Thanks Anom, I'll remember you.

Hey Torn just finished your level, very nice...like a hand carved sculpture...good architecture...and lots of monsters, and well preserved the original theme...lotta ammo too but i played it on the default so maybe that's why i was never shorted, anyway my skills are coming back already only died once on it and finally i began dodging hellknights fire smooth and methodically.....It is time to Doom once more...Oh yea it is!!!

Edit: Holy Crap it was ahem, *cough,cough* I'm too yougn to dier,(muffled)..ahem! how embarrassing, I will go and play it on a worthy skill level...damn!

Heh, play on skill 3 or 4, Because i made it most for these skills. I have never seen someone play skill 1. :P

Well, Thanks for testing. I know it is a short level and maybe too many monsters on some places. Atm I am working on a map for community chest map24. :)

Torn said:

Heh, play on skill 3 or 4, Because i made it most for these skills. I have never seen someone play skill 1. :P

Well, Thanks for testing. I know it is a short level and maybe too many monsters on some places. Atm I am working on a map for community chest map24. :)

i am ashamed, trust me i never play this skill level, i didn't pay attention to the default, and since I'm so rusty, I didn't notice otherwise, but i did notice "hey way too much ammo.."and once i got the hang of the controls again it was fairly easy. Which means..('Ahhhhhh- a ray of light shines thorugh the window on to the floor, illuminating my face') There is hope! Yeah it was short, i played the original as well to re-acquaint myself and died at the hands the baron, i was forced close to stay out of the acid, but i had made a serious mistake earlier which left me short on health...gotta keep playing.
Hey I want you to play my level when it's finished, (maybe christmas)
ok? Keep up the Good work, oh and that's a freaky avatar..nice :) oh you said you would...my bad

Xanthier said:

oh and that's a freaky avatar..nice :)

It's a jawa, isn't it? It looks like one...

Archvile64 said:

It's a jawa, isn't it? It looks like one...

i'm not gonna get up on your back like a star wars fanatic but, jawa were dark reddish brown cloaks and have yellow glowing eyes. Other than that....it looks alot like a jawa

"Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise, these tracks are side-by-side..Sandpeople always travel single-file to hide their numbers"
-Ben Kenobi

"But why would Imperial troops want to slaughter jawas?"

Luke Skywalker said:

"But why would Imperial troops want to slaughter jawas?"

Because they're little, and fun to push around ;)

Torn's Avatar looks like some critter holed up in a torn piece of paper. Hence the name, I guess.

ravage said:

Torn's Avatar looks like some critter holed up in a torn piece of paper. Hence the name, I guess.

Heh... :)

Torn said:

Okay so i braved the Hurt me Plenty, man was it tough..took me like an hour or two..i died like 25 times...first, that big room with the first mancubus and all that, well i was trying to get the monsters to fight so i died a little more than usual. But then tose cacodemons were really annoying, they kept taking shots at me when i tried to sneak around a corner, and wasted so much of my ammo, i took it out on them because they kept firing whenever i snuck around to shoot the revenants but then i had no ammo for the revenants, i run out mid fire-fight with them so I'm low on health, no ammo whatsoever, two revenants chasing me and rockets on my tail...so in a last ditch effort, I had one idea left, they backed me into that first lava room and then it hit me. i just kept running ran out to the quarry teleported back in and...it worked! fried both their asses! haha...that was cool...then I was constantly scrounging for ammo...at one point when that wall closed a Hell knight got stuck in it and I just shot him while he sat there...neways i beat it with like 2 shells left and 2 HK still wandering around, but i got all the secrets... so it was a challenge..I've beat Doom 2 but i never tried levels near the end with a pistol start before so all around, i'm pleased.