Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VGA

Revulsion - a Quake-inspired voxel FPS

Steam page:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/719180/Revulsion/

A few days ago I noticed that one of the creators of the very respected No Rest For The Living episode, Russell Meakim "TheCastle", has a game in the making on Steam, it is in Early Access. I searched the forum but I didn't find anything, so I made a thread.

Here is a dev blog of his

Oh, shit. This guy's been talking about it and posting a lot of updates on the game and its development on the r/DOOM Discord server. This is the first time I've heard about him being one of the devs for NRFTL, and that fact makes Revulsion so much cooler than I already thought it was.

2 hours ago, VGA said:

one of the creators of the very respected No Rest For The Living episode

So almost excited, heh; honestly Squibbs made the maps I vastly preferred from NRftL, but TheCastle is a very skilled mapper in advanced engines; his GzDoom map (RotS) last year was lots of fun to play and looked very nice, so it'll be cool to see what he does with his new game.

29 minutes ago, Pyrolex said:

Oh, shit. This guy's been talking about it and posting a lot of updates on the game and its development on the r/DOOM Discord server. This is the first time I've heard about him being one of the devs for NRFTL, and that fact makes Revulsion so much cooler than I already thought it was.

Yeah, I like his video of about making MAP01 of NRFTL

I don't know why he didn't make a thread here, paging @TheCastle

When I found his username I also realised he had released a map last year which I missed I think, I intend to play it

Doesn't look very Quake-inspired judging by the trailer.

I'll keep my eyes open, though.

This game looks rather nice. I like the texture work and the weapon design is not all that bad. It also reminds me a bit about another work in progress game called Cube Conflict which also looks very fun to play.