Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spike

Projects

No, not school-type-stuff, but the projects you've initiated for your own reasons. Be it art, writing, programming or building a life-size recreation of a tyrannosaurus rex with soiled tissues - let's hear it.

To get the ball rolling...

1)Underworld megawad project
2)Underworld story (fucking long, too)
3)Mancubus Artwork
4)Evil Clown Artwork
5)Portrait of my daughter, Raven.

Tell. Please, tell.

I have somewhat big project but never the time to do it. I always wanted to write some story but when I start, my ideas mysteriously dissapears. Drawing is another thing I want to do. I study pictures, forms, colors, eyes, etc... but when I actually take a pen, the result is not what I expected. Right now I'm learning 3d with Lightwave so I'll be able to models objects and stuff for future Doom 3 mods, and that's pretty the only thing I keep getting better, considering I pass about 3 hours a day on the program :P

I'm always busy with my own website which contains completely useless info. Well, it's still not finished and I doubt it'll ever be finished at all.

I'm working on a number of projects - I didn't 'start' them all by myself, some of them where requested of me.

1. Rtc-3057, doing the character/misc art and writing the story - Maonth, now Shaviro asked me to do a drawing for him, and it eventually evolved into me being employed to do various things (written above).

2. HeXen related drawing - self initiated, wanted to do some non-Doom related art for a change.

3. Doom: Hell on Earth, fan fic - self initiated, following my success with Doom: Evil Unleashed I decided that I liked writing stories and that I was certainly capable, so the trend continues.

4. Castle Wolfenstein, fan fic - self initiated, greatly inspired by Wildman's superb "Tomorrow's Yesterday" story, I decided to do a pure Wolfenstein story based on RtCW and Wolfenstein 3d.

5. HeXen, fanfic - self initiated, I have actually begun working on this story, though have barely really started writing it - haven't even found its full title.

6. Doom movie script, story/fan fic - Hellbent suggested that someone from the community should do a movie script in response to Hollywood planning to do this pathetic PG-13 rated movie - I don't see how it'd help doing our own script, but it's an interesting idea nonetheless, and I wanted to give it a shot.

[edit]Projects on hold:

Special community story, involving the community's ace writers - BBG started this rather ambitious project, wanting to do a community story retelling the story lines for Ultimate Doom, Doom 2 and Final Doom, I took over the management of it, but quit soon afterwards. The problem is that all the ace writers seem to be gone. Some, like myself, are too busy with other things.[/edit]

my band (still in the embryonic stage)

darkness: the vampire revelation. a novel about the reincarnation the first vampire. see my halloween pics thread for the look of the main vamp.

un-named fantasy epic. a project I'm working on with my brother. the plan is to produce three books each and one co-authored book.

my deathmatch map. testing it ATM.

the H.E.X. series. a series of wads that follow an earth based invasion, going from a military base to a city and then to hell. currently stalled.

well thats all for now.

* Unnamed universal tactical strategy/role-playing game rules project. Simultaneously being outlined on paper and coded in Java; to be translated to other languages later.

* The Corporate War: The framework of the setting that I hope to use for both games and fiction. Imagine fifty years in the future, where the march of progress has come to a dead halt and the existing government/corporate power structure has had its back broken.

* BEYOWOLF: Outline of a possible Doom-engine TC. What you get when you cross Wolfenstein 3-D with Castlevania SotN. ;)

* R1/2: Mercenaries: My contribution to the world of bad fanfic. The hashing ground for much of the Corporate War setting.

Right now, I'm working on the second episode of Carnage Galore 3. I still haven't decided whether to release this single episode like I did last time, or just wait until it's all finished, which will take a looooonng time.

Even though I haven't coded anything in Java since the summer, I'm still trying to make a game. Hard, since I don't have any time for it and I don't know anyone who knows it but me. Other things I wish I had time for:

Artwork for two different friends fantasy games/stories they're doing. My fantasy artwork is a tad bit better than my sci-fi stuff.

Finishing my first doom level.

writing that short story I planned

drawing that comic I'm supposed to do

ect...

Current projects:

1. Community Chest map 22 (doom2)
2. Zoanhekax (I think i called it that)(hexen)
3. Quake2 Revivification DM (doom2)
4. Reviving and releasing some of my old stuff (doom)
5. Staying alive. (life)
6. A good many woodworking projects in school (cabinet-making)
7. Whatever the hell I don't have time for (everything)
8. Learning the meaning of life (bullshit)

Edit:

9. Some RPGs with RM2k (I'll dig out the link sometime)

Well, I have my DooM projects, I plan to program/make/whatever an RPG sometime, and I would also like to get a band together...

None - and it feels good! (For a period of about 12 years I continually had some writing projects hanging over me and using up most of my spare time.)

I'm considering doing a speed demo pack for H2H-XMAS.WAD in time for Crimbo. Would anyone watch them (apart from Opulent, of course)?

I'm actually working on a megawad right now, but i've lost my inspiration. As of now i have 10 maps done.

Do you guys think ishould release a sort of "Sampler" of my soon-to-be wad? It's not going to be finished anytime soon, but i already want to hear some feedback.

well i do set out to do stuff like that but i rarely finish, like my spice rack.
anyway stuff i have done:
learned quake engine map editing
beat ALL doom games
writting a book(paused right now for current reasons) called "Sniper in the City" has nothing to do with a serial sniper or DC. it is about a war and how a sniper and a few guards try to make a path for their warlord. it is about a family living below the building the sniper is in, and how the youngest brother sees the reality of war and what he must do.
also i breed geckos, hey at $65 for each baby i sell thats not bad.

other than that i still need to finish that spice rack, not really never even built one.

other things to try
catch birds for snake, useing a butterfly net(with spikes)
catch squirrel for snake food, useing bat here
get a girlfriend who is NOT messed up in the head

Sephiroth said:

...get a girlfriend who is NOT messed up in the head

Feh, good luck. :P

Sephiroth said:

heh. if you find her, clone her for the rest of us.

1) Massive Doom 3 fan-fic
2) Relapse
3) Some Duke Nukem 3d mod that I haven't heard from the leader from since I joined up
4) Eternity beta tester
5) Skulltag beta tester
6) ZDaemon beta tester
7) RTC-3057 beta tester
8) A Mod that I call "Doom Modified" which will is for EDGE. It enhances the old weapons and adds ones that were taken out of Doom or were in Doom 64, so yeah, that project will rock you when it is done.
9) Personal alpha tweakage
10) I beta tested UDM1 and UDM2
11) I beta tested UAC Ressurection
13) I beta tested some western mod by Ryan "The Bloody One" Hart
14) I beta tested some weird mod called WOP or something by Ryan Hart
15) A fan-fic of a man on Earth when the Hell wars just started (put on hold for my Doom 3 fic)
16) I beta tested a small levelset by Dashiva
17) I was given access to the Millennium forum on the old system but yeah, that didn't make me a member of the team, I just got to see some cool shit >:)

So, yeah, that is all I can think of off the top of my head...

Ultimate DooMer said:

When? Now?

Working on it. I've finished two levels now and a third is nearly finished. But I haven't spend much time on my maps lately; I'm out of inspiration I guess. :-(

I am making a demo level to show off ZDoom new capabilities.

Started to work for "Elidor"

Maybe make a "Doom Side Scrooler" demo level for ZDoom in near future! ;-)

Sphagne said:

Maybe make a "Doom Side Scrooler" demo level for ZDoom in near future! ;-)

lets hope its better than the existing one. it really blows.

Hmmm...

Find job
Find girlfriend
Work one Wolf 3d TC

None of theses projects are likely to be finished before the end of the year, but the wolf 3d TC might be done some time next year...

Sephiroth said:

Hehe, still? I got lucky and found one, but not my girlfriend :D

DOOM Anomaly's project type dee-lee's that it can think of right off of the top of it's head:

Community Chest Megawad Map28

Maintain good friendships with certain pplz

Learning how to make a good website

Learn a bunch of other puter junk, mainly having to to with FTP's and

jazz like that

Evil Sinister super secret master plan to enslave the world and all of its underlings, Bwhahahahahhahahahahahah...ahem...I've said to much...

I'm currently involved in the following projects:

* Editing Community Chest Megawad MAP19 "Danse Macabre"
* Alphatesting the new Doom Connector
* Organizing a paintball match for early next year for some friends
* Making a series of XM formated musicfiles for a Win32 demo
* Coding an adventure game in BASIC and M.L. for the Commodore 64
* Keeping it real, Getting a life and Trying to keep all my friends

-- Added

Oh, and I want something done with my website, although that may be a life-long running project...

In no particular order...

- Mapping/music for Mockery 2
- UDM2
- NESDoom
- Deathz0r Online: The Internet made stupid (for those who have seen it so far, it's crazy.wad)
- ZDaemon beta testing, mostly doing stuff BBG wouldn't even think of
- Keeping at least 13 irc channels under control, whenever needed
- UDM Tag 1
- Couple of secret projects I made that only a few people know of
- UAC Resurrection (whenever I have the time to start it again)
- Doom Alpha Resources (whenever I have the time to sort out the Press Release stuff)
- Skulltag beta testing
- Secret projects that I'm not leading
- Dash's ZDaemon modification, whenever ZDaemon 1.0 is released
- Writing a manual for the ZDaemon 1.0 Experience System
- A tutorial on how to make DeathTag maps (pre-quake teamplay maps, think Judas22 or Dogtag3)
- Everything else that gets sent to me before it gets released
- Writing /newstuff reviews so you can all complain about something in your life
- Any DM wads that Toke sends me that he's working on (specifically, the moo* series)
- Learning coding from Anarkavre
- Messing around with the Wolf3D source (horray for tutorials!)
- A weapon mod for EDGE, which will be released whenever I'm bothered to upload them
- A enemy replacement mod for EDGE, where you fight against marines and their various weapons, same as above about when it'll be released
- A revival of my oldest "TC", Extreme Doom 2 (trust me, it sucks)
- Writing my own mIRC script for my own use

That's all I can remember. I also have a few hacks for PRBoom which were made by Dashiva, like auto-screenshot (handy for movies) and a hack which allows you to possess monsters. I also had a Quake2 hack by Dashiva which made the player speed the same as the Doomguys, plus the ability (i think he put it in) to wallrun.

a) Certain DOOM (a megawad of sorts) started but working mostly on resources as of now, not that much on the maps yet.
b) Doom19 (a doom port) preparing myself for it.
c) Writing some verse (but this is chronic and intermittent.)
d) mykdoom (website) pretty basic in design, content oriented.