Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DigitalDoomArtist

GZDoom Builder Problems with Glitchy Polygons

So I'm a Digital Art student at a University working on my Senior Project/Thesis that's going to be presented in a gallery and it's coming up very soon. I decided to make my project a game and made it in the Doom engine since I figured it would be much easier than making it from scratch and coding an entire engine. Plus I wanted the aesthetic to be old school retro style that gives it a nostalgic feel.  The good news is it got reviewed and approved for the Senior show, the bad news is that it only works on my laptop and I would rather not have my laptop in the gallery for 2 weeks since I use it for school and work.

I used GZDoom builder since I wanted to push the engine to it's limits. I also used XWE for the textures since Slade would always rash and corrupt the WAD. XWE worked just fine. Keep in mind this is my first time making a Doom WAD so I had to learn a lot on how this stuff works. There was a lot of trial and error 

So the huge problem I'm having is that I can only run the WAD properly when I'm using the test button in the builder. But when I run it for the first time it does this:

5a91af2ce9f3c_Screenshot(257).png.f351cccb7a9a111eab8491c41460278d.png

The only way to fix it is if I close it, move around a sector, open it up again and then it looks like how it's supposed to look:

5a91af9a64ebd_Screenshot(196).png.363e9c8f9519ae1f98c19f8b367710a5.png

But I don't want to do this every time I open up the program. I want to be able to use GZDoom and drag and drop it so it's open and ready to go. If you guys know what the issue is please let me know as soon as you can since I don't have that much time left to figure this out.

Thanks a bunch!

Slade doesn't work very well since it's always crashing and I can't figure out how to properly use it no matter how many videos or websites I try to find on how to use it. So I use XWE since adding my files on there seems easier.

I'm using GZDoom Builder R2787 if that means anything 

I went to Map analysis and realigned the sectors to be on the grid. But I don't know what other issues there might be with it if it's still showing this mess.

Sorry if I seem so urgent this is due very soon

It seems the nodes are completely wrong. If you simply delete the ZNODES lump from the file, the map loads without glitches.

You can also force GZDoom to regenerate nodes by setting the gennodes console variable to true before starting the game.