Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scuba Steve

Cacowards 2018 Mentionation Thread (don't toot your own horn ffs)

I'm going to add one more mentionation for The Revenant Problem!

DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU HAVE NOT PLAYED THIS .WAD, IT IS A MASTERPIECE AND YOU MUST PLAY IT FOR YOURSELF FIRST:

Spoiler
Spoiler

I'M SERIOUS!

Spoiler

IT WILL TAKE LITERALLY TEN MINUTES!

Spoiler

Okay, here's the actual spoiler now:

Spoiler

When I saw that I had to choose between either letting Daisy die or killing Hissy I nearly threw up in my mouth... No doomer should ever be forced to make such a cruel choice!

Afterwards I saw that I needed to sacrifice either Crate #2 or Crate #3 and that was when I actually did throw up in my mouth.

2 hours ago, BlackFish said:

Quake Champions Doom Edition now that it's released out in the wild. A lot of effort has been put in this as always by DBT.

Seconding this. An extremely polished mod for a first public release, QC:DE is a stand out game play mod IMO for catering to a large variety of game play modes (including single player, cooperative, deathmatch, capture the flag), providing it's own well-crafted mapset, an extremely well done OST, as well as collaborating/building on what the community has already made via Aeon QCDE. It also caught a lot of attention outside the community, bringing in many new players (today we saw up to 45 players across 3 servers, most of which were new faces in doom).

Also the most important bit is that it actually plays quite well and is a blast in the servers, of course.

I'd also like to mentioninate QC:DE. The mod is the cream of the crop, the creme de la creme, whichever you prefer. Combined with maximum compatibility, outstanding multiplayer AND singleplayer, must not forget that. Of course, its not a 1:1 remake of Quack Champagne, but it does do an outstanding job at rebalancing the less used weapon in QC. Hats off to theDBTeam.

QC:DE deserves a Cacoward without any doubt, mostly because for being so flexible, you're is allowed to played it with an old version of GZDoom, something that I think every mod should try to do.

A lot of work and many details bringing up in SP (with lot of modes and characters to switch in) and the Monsters Bestiary is not only limited to the four standard types of enemies (Doom enemies, Quake I, II and IV), because you can load it with monsters replacement mods like Kriegsland enemies mod, DoomKrakker's Monster Randomizer mod, Dark Doom creatures mod, etc. And of course, the MP is something with even more effort, custom maps with an awesome quality and perfect OST, and bringing up modes like the previous mentioned by decay.

Lot of fun, faithful recreation to the original game using others resources too and an amazing quality even for an standard PC.

After viewing that trailer, QC:DE is a lock for Cacoward.  Hands down.  I would definitely nominate it.

On 2/10/2018 at 10:26 PM, Catpho said:

Heh,i think one metion for Qcde is enough :)

Oh yea,and im mentioning Breathless.

That map is almost begging for its music to be Eiffel 65's "Blue".

+ Tangerine Nightmare

+ Alfonzone

+ MAYhem 2017 (It was only finished recently :P )

Dragonfly for Mapper of the Year.

Edited by Terminus

41 minutes ago, Terminus said:

+ Tangerine Nightmare

+ Alfonzone

+ MAYhem 2017 (It was only finished recently :P )

Dragonfly for Mapper of the Year.

Only if spyro and that cool portal thingy he posted in the picture thread comes out!(but honestly,you are a cool mapper dude :D)

Oh,and doomed in space is good stuff.

On 2/19/2018 at 9:55 AM, Master O said:

*sees all the posts nominating QCDE.*

*watches as it doesn't win a Cacoward.* [/joking]

The truth is, once a mod surpasses a point in popularity, we automatically exclude it from consideration.

There's nothing more damning for the quality of a mod than people enjoying it!

4 hours ago, TerminusEst13 said:

The truth is, once a mod surpasses a point in popularity, we automatically exclude it from consideration.

There's nothing more damning for the quality of a mod than people enjoying it!

Sounds like a great idea for a mod:

Hipster Doom

"Killing Cyberdemons is so... like... ironic man".

1 hour ago, Master O said:

Sounds like a great idea for a mod:

Hipster Doom

"Killing Cyberdemons is so... like... ironic man".

You know the most popular mod in this thread so far is based on an ethical philosophy problem, right? I think it's fair to say we're a bunch of hipsters.

Is it okay to nominate something by someone who is banned from DW?

If so, Ezekiel (Abridged Version) is pretty nice.

On 2/21/2018 at 11:40 PM, Not Jabba said:

You know the most popular mod in this thread so far is based on an ethical philosophy problem, right? I think it's fair to say we're a bunch of hipsters.

If we're going to go full hipster for a mod, how about 

Craft Beer Doom?

9 hours ago, guitardz said:

Is it okay to nominate something by someone who is banned from DW?

If so, Ezekiel (Abridged Version) is pretty nice.

I think so

I'm wondering if the collective concept of ASS could be considered for awardification.

Yes there is a little horn dooting here, I guess.  But the few sessions we've had post revival have been really solid.  While I don't consider any single session worthy of an award, the entire years work?  I dunno.  For consideration.

+1 for mentionating ASS. don't care which one, most of them past a certain point have good stuff in 'em, and the bad stuff is so laughable you enjoy it

Unless/until someone else comes up more befitting for the Espi award, I think it should go to CodeImp for making Doom Connector.

As far as I know (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), Doom Connector was the first server browser of its kind and it paved the way for ZDaemon's built in server browser, Internet Doom Explorer (now just called Doom Explorer), and Doomseeker.

Also, KateFox will no doubt be getting one too, if not, some sort of mention for everything she's done

+1 for CodeImp, not only for Doom Connector but also (and most importantly imo) for creating Doom Builder!

On jeudi 1 mars 2018 at 7:44 PM, TMD said:

I'm wondering if the collective concept of ASS could be considered for awardification.

Yes there is a little horn dooting here, I guess.  But the few sessions we've had post revival have been really solid.  While I don't consider any single session worthy of an award, the entire years work?  I dunno.  For consideration.

So, basically, ASS for Mappers of the Year?

Gonna mentionate doggy -- it just got an /idgames release and they're a couple (and a half) of the coolest maps I've seen in years.

Sorry to spoil that party, but doggy is deffo a 2017 release with a touch of xaserian dev cycle.