Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

guys im looking for a map I once played that really impressed me at the time, it was around the time of kzdoom 6 I think?

The map was a desert city that reminded me heavily of tatooine, the doorways and windows was outlined with blue which looked really aesthetic in contrast the the sand colors, it had mostly imps outside.

I remember that was an engine room that you had to turn on in a basement, and there was some oil pit outside?

Really wanna find this map, maybe its obscure af... idk.

4 hours ago, Catpho said:

Sounds vague to me, but this?

Also, congrats 600 posts :)

Thanks! That was the one.

20 hours ago, Memfis said:

That's the one! Had a blast playing through it again, good times! I remember it a bit different, but then again it was a decade or two ago lol.

Is it a well known wad?

I don't think so. I only learned about it because vdgg recorded a demo a few years ago. I've never seen it mentioned anywhere else.

Anybody know what the WAD is called, some brief facts: this WAD has 6 keys and one of the levels is on a train.

All the levels are very well designed and some of them are slaughter-type levels. Pretty sure it's a Boom type wad.

I played it years ago on a ZDaemon server and I've since lost it and want to try play it again.

Cheers.

I think it requires at least ZDaemon, and some versions require at least Zandronum.

i have a strong memory of someone stopping by to drop off a doom 2 megawad they'd made, i think it used a mixture of stock textures and scanned in comic art, and the person who made did it alone and also ran a webcomic about angels... or something? they just popped in my head... they sort of got a rough reception in the release thread because the gameplay didn't match people's modern expectations and might've been discouraged.

anyone remember that? i thought the megawad had a one word name but i just spent ages searching through old posts, need to change my tactics

Some time in the early 2000's I remember a WAD with a few deathmatch levels called "ALL THAT" i think. I remember it had custom sounds and I think one of the maps had a midi version of Black Hole Sun. Does anyone have anything fitting that description?

Possibly that's stupid question but does anyone know a wad where is MAP31 consist of Doomguy bots with plasma rifles instead of Nazis? I thought that's a "famouse" pwad but I didn't find it. BTW, I've played it in 2007, so I don't remember anything more related to this "map31". Or it was a map32...huh.

5 minutes ago, DeXiaZ said:

Possibly that's stupid question but does anyone know a wad where is MAP31 consist of Doomguy bots with plasma rifles instead of Nazis? I thought that's a "famouse" pwad but I didn't find it. BTW, I've played it in 2007, so I don't remember anything more related to this "map31". Or it was a map32...huh.

Twice Risen maybe?  (I think that's what it was called...it was hosted on Doomworld)

4 minutes ago, joepallai said:

Twice Risen maybe?

*Watching screenshots*

I don't think so, but I can't download it. All links are dead.

16 minutes ago, DeXiaZ said:

Was it the final map, and the plasma marines were also ghosts?

7 hours ago, DeXiaZ said:

Scythe 2?

36 minutes ago, Catpho said:

Oh damn, how could I forgot?! *Well, I didn't play Scythe 2 too much* That's it, thank you!

On 9/3/2018 at 5:47 AM, DeXiaZ said:

Wait,wasn't it on br-

Better if I stay quiet...

4 minutes ago, FraxGamer314 said:

Wait,wasn't it on br-

Better if I stay quiet...

?

There's a puzzle wad that started off with a very small room with the gray panel textures, it was a puzzle wad and i think your weapon made you archvile jump? the puzzles involved voodoo dolls iirc, you had to kill yourself to finish the level maybe?

My memory might fail me, but i've been thinking about this wad lately and i would like to replay it. It's been waay too many years since i played it, but i can remember was that it was a megawad, and that one map (i think it was map20) used the resident evil 2 save theme as music and it had a really low monster count (or no monster at all... can't remember well), does anybody knows this wad?

7 hours ago, DMPhobos said:

My memory might fail me, but i've been thinking about this wad lately and i would like to replay it. It's been waay too many years since i played it, but i can remember was that it was a megawad, and that one map (i think it was map20) used the resident evil 2 save theme as music and it had a really low monster count (or no monster at all... can't remember well), does anybody knows this wad?

can you describe the map itself? was it a puzzle-oriented house or something?

@Impie from what i've remember, the map started on a small room, with some stairs leading down on both sides with windows to the outside. Can't remember if it was a puzzle map, most likely it was since it had either no monsters at all, or the monster count was quite low

Hello, i was looking for a mod called "Doom as ID would have done" or something like that, that was new episodes in the old Doom style? I cannot remember, hello and nice to be here btw, i have been visiting this site for years, i will introdue myself later :)

26 minutes ago, D88M3R said:

Hello, i was looking for a mod called "Doom as ID would have done" or something like that, that was new episodes in the old Doom style? I cannot remember, hello and nice to be here btw, i have been visiting this site for years, i will introdue myself later :)

Doom the way id did

Oh hi btw, long time lurker like me :)