Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xyzzу

Does anybody make ENDOOM screens anymore?

I really like to see ENDOOM screens. Have a small collection of them, sometimes you found great ANSI art... I also used to made them, but I'm not really good at it.

I'm working on a fairly lengthy tutorial on how to make endoom screens. I have information both on the technical aspect and how to make decent artwork. Hopefully it will be posted this weekend.

I posted my endoom tutorial in the editing forum late last night. Go read it if you're interested in making endooms. :)

On 13/12/2016 at 3:48 PM, printz said:

The modern equivalent of infopack is the website. And indeed, I'd really like to see more megawads with their own websites! It makes them a lot more professional looking, and thus tempting to play.

This was my stance when creating the website for Skulldash, heh. I believe I forgot to include an ENDOOM lump though, which is sad! :(

On 17/02/2018 at 11:09 PM, zokum said:

Sorry for necro bumping, but I just finished a new ENDOOM screen for a project. You'll hopefully be able to see it "soon" :) I spent maybe 8-10 hours on it.

I think your avatar is a giveaway, heh.

My avatar picture is just a simple cutout from my ZokumBSP logo. zokumbsp-weblogo.png

On 12/13/2016 at 3:28 AM, Alfonzo said:

Yes they do, but to find the holiest of vanilla frills you'll need to go back as far as 1997. Does anybody make infopacks anymore? They are secretly the cherries that every megaWAD cake has been missing since.

Is there a source port that can run just the infopacks?  I've been wanting to read the one for Memento Mori but I don't want to install DOSBox.

The infopacks are standalone computer programs, and have no connection to the doom engine apart from mm2 using the wad format for its data file. You need dosbox or some other emulation to run some of these old programs properly.

On 3/6/2018 at 10:56 AM, zokum said:

My avatar picture is just a simple cutout from my ZokumBSP logo. zokumbsp-weblogo.png

Your ENDOOM Zokum ASCII art is beautiful! I wish I could draw like that!

23 hours ago, kb1 said:

Your ENDOOM Zokum ASCII art is beautiful! I wish I could draw like that!

It's not that hard. Use the techniques I described in my tutorial. I tried to give my letters a bit of personality, the bigger ones pushing the smaller out of the way. The original version of it looks a bit better, might release it one day. That web version has a different background color.

1 hour ago, zokum said:

It's not that hard. Use the techniques I described in my tutorial. I tried to give my letters a bit of personality, the bigger ones pushing the smaller out of the way. The original version of it looks a bit better, might release it one day. That web version has a different background color.

Wow, I had no idea you had written such a precise, powerful guide. You cover a wide range of techniques, and you obviously spent some time. I love the ANSI Doom logo! It reminds me of the Good Ol' Days when text was your graphics capabilities! There's still something very cool about it: the shading, the 3d depth. Good stuff!