Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I don't understand. Do they need "N" for something? Don't they have their own writing system?

BREAKING: Archaic totalitarian government does archaic totalitarian thing, more at 11. Sadly I'm not surprised given it's the Chinese government, this basically follows suit. This is why government imposed restrictions on what you can think and say are a bad idea - good luck speaking out against anything when your dialogue has to be state-approved.

Unrelated, but CHINA

I LOVE CHINA

44 minutes ago, Memfis said:

I don't understand. Do they need "N" for something? Don't they have their own writing system?

This.

Without N, they can't say he looks like Winnie the Pooh, so they can only say he looks like Pooh. Is that an improvement?

I woder what happes whe you remove 'N' from every word in a laguage.

Anyway, 'N' is back now. And the world is a better place...

This won't bode well with the rest of the civilized world. Do I smell a new dictatorship popping up? It would be amusing with us teaming up with Russia to deal with China in such a situation.

The more I learn about the Chinese government the more fascinating it becomes, especially when it comes to how they attempt to censor things they don't like.

I wonder how they went about implementing this... Did they set up a system that completely prevents the letter "N" from being entered? Or maybe a system that automatically reports any use of the letter "N"? Do standard Chinese keyboards even have the Latin alphabet on them? I honestly have no idea how online text works in China or any other country with a language that uses symbols as opposed to letters for their text, and I'm too lazy to look it up.

Well, regardless, it must have sucked for people who had usernames/passwords that contained any N's when this was in affect.

China: How many layers of failure are you on?

Spain: I attempted to ban memes like 5 or 6 times my dude.

China: You are like a little baby, watch this.

China: *bans a latin glyph*

16 hours ago, Glaice said:

This won't bode well with the rest of the civilized world. Do I smell a new dictatorship popping up? It would be amusing with us teaming up with Russia to deal with China in such a situation.

No way this will happen, sir. Der sanctionnez, sir.

This doesn't make any sense, because they usually type in pinyin (Latin alphabet) to produce their characters, which obviously has "n".

I found out you can't spell "China", "Communism", "Mao Zedong", "Chairman" or "Means of Production" without the 'N'...

According to my parents, the whole world will use Chinese one day and it will probably overtake English.

I suppose the government thought: "Let's start destroying English now."

8 hours ago, luckyjack said:

lol I'm fond of this country. Finally I'm going to visit it in the next month. Has anybody tried to call to Shanghai from UK? I've tried to speak to reception of the local hotel 3 times but can't get through. I've already checked the country code at https://areaphonecodes.com/china/ but still can't call to the hotel. 

Such "very long distance" calls rarely get through for me as well -- I am in Serbia and my grandma lives in Australia, so it's a pain trying to hear from her.

However, my dad has some sort of VoIP thing (or something like that) set up, so we sometimes use that, and then it's no problem. You might want to look into that option.