Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Novaseer

Can't open archive after adding custom monster

Exactly what the title says - I can't open a WAD file after trying to add a custom monster into it. I get the error message displayed below, then Slade dies on me. Any solutions?

ebat.PNG

If this is a wad, like you said, did Slade 3 make a backup file as you saved it? You can open up a backup file from the file menu and try opening the wad from a previous save point.

If you reinsert the monster back into the wad, don't forget to place the sprite frames between the S_Start and S_End markers. You can insert your script into the decorate file or use the #include tag to include a separate script file. Often Slade crashes when you don't insert the resources correctly or you do too much stuff at once.

You might wanna try the author, he was responsive when I had a query a while back. Contact info should be in the text/zip file somewhere...

I fucked up the installation, that was my problem.

I know how to do it properly now, but it'd be nice if I could recover my 12 levels of hard work...

9 hours ago, Novaseer said:

but it'd be nice if I could recover my 12 levels of hard work...

Why don't you PM me with the wad in question and I'll see what I can do about it. If I can't I'll let you know.

9 hours ago, StevenC21 said:

Hey @Novaseer? Did your problem ever get resolved?

No, but I've started work on remaking the WAD from the ground up.

On 2/10/2018 at 12:13 PM, Novaseer said:

Exactly what the title says - I can't open a WAD file after trying to add a custom monster into it. I get the error message displayed below, then Slade dies on me. Any solutions?

ebat.PNG

If you want to PM me the file, I'll try my best to repair it, without sharing it with anyone, or even playing it myself. (I'll wait for the finished product). If the filesize seems right to you, the file is most-likely recoverable, but the directory may need to be adjusted.