Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
qweqioweuo123

insanely big maps that make you feel as if you went throught hell and back

maps that when you finish make you feel as if a marine was indeed able to defeat hell itself

deus vult 2

hellbound map 29 (I really like maps like this, in which you are constantly climbing some epic place)

post more

ps: the maps must have quality in its design, do not post cheap slaughter maps

sunlust maps 28 and 30. these aren't "cheap slaughter maps", they're two of the best ever made

Some people said playing THT map12: WormHell, felt like going to Hell but I'm not sure they were talking about the same thing.

Plutonia MAP29.

It's not that too big, but anyway feels like inside the underworld's hive. Also counting those red cracked pits and cyberdemon at the top.

Bloodstain map29. Very cool void/black hell-themed map that's huge and intimidating. e4m6 of No End in Sight; especially going in blind.

Alien Vendetta map 20: Misri Halek. Not overly hard, but a bitch to navigate with obscure switches that have no indication of what they did.

Surprised nobody's mentioned Oku. That's like doing the complete tour to hell and back 4 times.

On 3/3/2018 at 1:51 PM, qweqioweuo123 said:

the maps must have quality in its design, do not post cheap slaughter maps

But... if you rule out all the cheap slaughtermaps, there's hardly any quality maps left!

I read this as a request for "giant hellish maps" soooo...

Vela Pax map05

Counterattack map04

Nova 2 map29

The Eye

Scythe map30 is another good one. Massive, oppressive, and very unforgiving when going in blind.

On 3.3.2018 at 2:51 PM, qweqioweuo123 said:

ps: the maps must have quality in its design, do not post cheap slaughter maps

Define "cheap", and while you're at it, tell me what that has to do with slaughtermaps.

Check out stuff that Mechadon made, the guy is known for building huge and complex maps which aren't slaughter all the time.... Play Miasma, have a look at the larger maps in ESP if you can handle abstract progression.

...and actually, how do you think are you gonna get a "hell and back experience" when you don't see huge amounts of monsters at some point? On second thoughts, don't answer any of my questions and just play the WADs...

33 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Define "cheap", and while you're at it, tell me what that has to do with slaughtermaps.

Check out stuff that Mechadon made, the guy is known for building huge and complex maps which aren't slaughter all the time.... Play Miasma, have a look at the larger maps in ESP if you can handle abstract progression.

...and actually, how do you think are you gonna get a "hell and back experience" when you don't see huge amounts of monsters at some point? On second thoughts, don't answer any of my questions and just play the WADs...

cheap as in retarded simple looking bfg spamming maps

having some kind of progression so it feels like you are getting into something huge and it gets worse every time, with good architechture etc... not geometric rooms all the time where you go in circles shotting monsters

Lol, bfg spamming in circle or square boring rooms with thousands of monsters are kind of the past. Now everyone spawns bfg blasts in good looking maps with hundreds or thousands monsters :""")

Like in stardate2x06 or stardate20x7 or later Sunlust maps. 

Before saying anything, I don't play slaughter maps due my inability to concetrate for longer time and I badly control crowd and not be outnumbered by stuff in precious corners. 

To return in topic, some very last Unholy Realms maps are quite big and takes decent time to beat them and find exit. And even more if you decide to explore behind optional keys. 

Edited by Myst.Haruko

28 minutes ago, Myst.Haruko said:

To return in topic, some very last Unholy Realms maps are quite big and takes decent time to beat them and find exit. And even more if you decide to explore behind optional keys. 

Unholy Realms had me until map 30.  I can't stand IoS maps and the way it was done bothered me a great deal.  

Every other map was great, though.

Edited by loveless

Guessing by what you play, you'll prolly also like Ed's Warphouse. It is a gzdoom map that is amazing to look at and tons of fun to play, much akin to Mechadon's work, who I'd also highly second NiH's recommendation to check out, (indeed both are among the best modern mappers in my opinion), but while Mech usually goes for Boom, Ed goes for the more advanced (G)zDoom engine, and his maps both are stunning to go through and fun to play. Much like Mech, Ed doesn't do much slaughter; there is none in Warphouse. Ed's Smothered Hope, along with Doom Wad Station, is what finally made me take the dive and join the community, along with wanting to eventually share the wads I had been working on for so long.

Oh hi invictus' relative.

On topic:

Tangerine Nightmare MAP07 (more exploratory than anything, lovely secrets)

Plutonia 2 MAP29 (semi-huge, non-linear, mysterious, quite hard)

Alien Vendetta MAP25 (at some point it turns into a BFG-spamming, not really a suggestion but you might like it)

PRCP MAP15 (well it's big, long, tall, and has an awesome midi)

Resurgence MAP31 (if you liked the concept of Wormhole, this one might suit you)

THT Threnody MAP12 (on UV, same as above)

Not sure if all of these will satisfy your necessities, and I cannot think of anything else that I know at the moment.