• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Visplane Overflow!

Baron Of Hell VS Revenant

Who Wins? Part 2  

30 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Baron of Hell VS Revenant, Who Wins?

• Baron Of Hell
    • Revenant
    • Neither, you kill both.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/10/18 at 03:59 PM

In almost all situations, the Baron will win, simply due to the massive HP advantage. Revenant requires very specific conditions AND to get lucky to even stand a chance like extreme ranges (as homing missiles will give him an advantage) or a ledge, where he can move only to the sides and dodge Baron's shots.

The Baron of Hell can easily slay a single Revenant dead due to its massive bulk.

A hoard of Revenants on the other hand... well, I think you get the draft.

Hell Knight is a Baron with half as much HP, and even he reliably beats the Revenant in a 1-vs-1 fight on plain ground.

I know some people say that BoH will wins.

For me, revenant usually wins bcuz of its speed and missiles.BoH attack are somewhat slower than revenant and revenant always run in zig-zag pattern if there are enough space.

Yeah, but speed doesn't always prevail in this case.

In the player's case, it's about wits. ;)

Baron of Hell easily, they're the stronger enemy.

Then you proceed to kill him :v .

E: Also, in all wads I played until this point where I managed to make the Revenants infight with the Barons the latter always won, so it's also something I saw with my own eyes and not just an opinion or preference.

Edited by Agent6

I think Hell Knight vs Revenant would be a better match up. Since monsters don't dodge projectiles like players, it comes down to a sheer battle of might almost 100% of the time, which the baron easily wins.

Close range: Baron will prevail. 

Long range: Revenant will prevail.

Baron of hell unless you completely rig it in the revenant's favor, There isn't even a contest.

HK vs Rev tends to be more balanced since the revenant might roll high damage and kill the hk first.

Baron almost always wins. Even at long distances. The only way the revenant has a chance to win is if he either has the high ground or on a thin ledge so he can dodge Baron projectiles easier or both with a chasm in the middle to prevent the revenant having his face punched in. Even then it's mostly 50-50. Revenants also tend to lose to a Hell Knight more often than not but that one is far less predictable. Put the revenant on a ledge or give it the high ground against a HK and it will win most of the time.

What kind of "Vs." are these? Are we talking about both monsters in infighting, or which of the two people like more, or a different case? Because, if the first case, the last poll's results were a bit uneven, considering the various circumstances that prove spidey or the other one winning, so in this poll I'd vote for the baron any day, because in infighting he wins almost all the time no matter what the distance between him and a rev (if you put a very specific example like idbeholdME did, I wouldn't know which one to vote), yet if Revenant gets votes or even wins then people are clearly voting for the monster the like more, which is totally ok of course, but I'd like to know the kind of "Vs." here...   

54 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

Who would win: cyberdemon vs. former human trooper. 

I know most people would pick the cyb, but in my opinion the trooper would win -- it can dodge all of the cyberdemon's attacks

Hm... but aren't they moving a bit too slow for that?

I'd actually like to see this for myself tbh.

The only way to figure this out is with science, so I crafted an exhaustive and indisputable experiment, in map form:

baron vs rev.zip

Spoiler

It turns out that the revenant wins 100% of the time, even when the baron gets the first shot. Who could have predicted this?!

1 hour ago, Deadwing said:

All I know is that Revs > Boringrons of Hell

There are only boring because most of the time they are used incorrectly.

Now I want an Oblivion arena style wad where you can bet on different monster composition fights :@

Baron, because of sheer health (1,000) compared to the revenant (300).

13 hours ago, Scorpinax said:

I think Hell Knight vs Revenant would be a better match up. Since monsters don't dodge projectiles like players, it comes down to a sheer battle of might almost 100% of the time, which the baron easily wins.

Okay so the next part is Hell Knight VS Revenant

Revenent would initially inflict damage by means of firing rockets, but Baron would still win due to higher health and strength. 

On 3/8/2018 at 11:58 AM, Benjogami said:

The only way to figure this out is with science, so I crafted an exhaustive and indisputable experiment, in map form:

baron vs rev.zip

Hide contents

It turns out that the revenant wins 100% of the time, even when the baron gets the first shot. Who could have predicted this?!

Amazing, the Revenant's rocket barage is just so overwhelming it's almost like the Baron can't move at all!

The only experiment where I've managed to get the Revenant to win is when I put them on a platform that's higher than the Baron. And that's just because the Baron  aims low and hits the edge of the platform. If he walks off to the side far enough he can hit the Revenant, but after watching it for 15 minutes with no winner I got bored. If they're on even ground with the same room to maneuver, the Baron just walks up and bitch slaps the Revenant into submission.

On 8/3/2018 at 2:28 PM, Agent6 said:

Hm... but aren't they moving a bit too slow for that?

I'd actually like to see this for myself tbh.

I'm pretty sure that wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

10 hours ago, KVELLER said:

I'm pretty sure that wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

Even so I'm still curious, that stirred my interest lol :v .

5 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

Even so I'm still curious, that stirred my interest lol :v .

Out of all topics XD