Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Percival232

Any Doom Vaporwave Wads?

I dunno why but I'm curious if there exists aesthetic doom wads. Like Vaporwave or at least 80s styled wads.

If you never heard of Vaporwave just look it up.

There's the Black Metal Chainsaw wad that is strongly inspired from Synthwave and it's retro-future aesthetics, even if still a WIP project.

21 hours ago, BlackMetalChainsaw said:

I am making an aesthetic looking wad though it is not released. Peek at my profile to see 

I am waiting for this to be finished so I can play it. Hopefully it's strictly maps without monsters replacements.

8 hours ago, CWolf said:

This one isn't Vaporwave, isn't?

It wasn't created with that intention, but his aesthetics looks exactly as how vaporwave aesthetic should be.

1 hour ago, CWolf said:

Wait a sec. But, isn't vaporvawe is about sculptures and being high, eh?

Vaporwave is about neon colours and synth music, take a look at Hotline Miami.

1 hour ago, DoodGuy said:

I remember it, BUT ALSO this is about sculptures and being high.

On 2/7/2018 at 1:12 PM, BlackMetalChainsaw said:

I am making an aesthetic looking wad though it is not released. Peek at my profile to see 

Yea i seen your stuff on Doom Amino. Its pretty great my dude.

Vaporwave is just some vague 80's\90's jumble after a sweet process of fragmentation.

Which is exactly what happen with our memory over the years. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

A lot of people here are just thinking of synthwave or even future funk, there's a lot more to vaporwave than neon colors and an 80's vibe, but like with anything that becomes popular it's been bastardized.

It's cool that BlackMetalChainsaw has actually captured some more vaporwave looking stuff, particularly in images 2, 3 and 5 I think.

15 hours ago, DoodGuy said:

But the question is,

When

Is

It

Out

?

I am currently working on like 5 projects so it has been taking some time to really get these maps finished. I love making them though my mapping style is really abstract and it takes me a while to get the ideas that I have to look the way they need to in doombuilder. 

On 2/9/2018 at 1:10 AM, DoodGuy said:

really sorry to bump a post this old but it really bothers me when people get this mixed up, but i get why. 

so basically vaporwave is mostly sculptures, 80-90's computers and tech, light pink purples and blues, and glitches, synthwave is mostly wireframes, neon, supercars, etc. outrun is similar to synthwave except it's more realistic, almost all 80's themed, dark, and alot less wireframe-y, similar to something like hotline miami, if you want to see an example of something that's vaporwave look at the album art for macintosh plus and look through r/vaporwaveaesthetics on reddit.

but while i'm here i would love to get an update from blackmetalchainsaw about synthdoom, anything would be great but a demo would be awesome

On 3/12/2018 at 8:18 AM, BlackMetalChainsaw said:

I am currently working on like 5 projects so it has been taking some time to really get these maps finished. I love making them though my mapping style is really abstract and it takes me a while to get the ideas that I have to look the way they need to in doombuilder.