Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

58 minutes ago, cyan0s1s said:

@Manuel-K Three weapon limit is only imposing because the game has so many great weapons, but it doesn't play like a modern FPS, rewarding you for your reaction time while in slow-mo.

I am not really sure about that, modern FPS games tend to have a hand-holding feature and slow-mo doesn't seem much different in a way, but don't get me wrong I don't think slow-mo is a bad feature and I have played many games using it such as Max Payne, FEAR, and Chaser to name a few.

I wouldn't call a feature the game is designed around hand-holding. You probably can finish FEAR without slow-mo but it'll be very hard. It does seem more visceral when it's happening so fast though, Max Payne is similar but also very difficult without bullet time. Chaser's slow-mo is pathetic however, as it slows everything down and didn't seem to give me any tactical advantage whatsoever.

Maybe I am just judging it by how good I eventually got at the game, up to a point I found I was able to go through the game without using slow-mo at all and no longer found the game a challenge.

Path of Exile. Better then diablo 2, absurdly addicting. one of the main reasons I'v not been around in awhile.

7 hours ago, Anidrex_1009 said:

A shitload of World of Warcraft

Did that last month for the first time, but I eventually got bored. I played a Forsaken Warlock until level 42 and while the main quest for the Forsaken was super awesome, after that I didn't enjoy anything else as much, until I got to the Eastern Plaquelands, where I accompanied that Pallies for Life group of NPCs (seemed like a fun quest and becoming an Undead good guy via the Argent Crusade was great).

Unfortunately, since I stopped playing, I didn't have enough time to level up and reach the Lich King expansion, which I think would be one of the greatest moments in the game.

Anyways, what race/class do you play?

I played a bit of Fornite because a friend of mine asked me to. The game didn't interest me at first glance, but I decided to give it a go anyways.

Surprise surprise, I didn't like it.

I don't see the appeal on the Battle Royale game mode (which is what I played), and building seems like an unnecessary addition.

42 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

I played a bit of Fornite because a friend of mine asked me to. The game didn't interest me at first glance, but I decided to give it a go anyways.

Surprise surprise, I didn't like it.

I don't see the appeal on the Battle Royale game mode (which is what I played), and building seems like an unnecessary addition.

PUGB isn't better either, not imo anyway. A friend used to play it a lot, I dunno if he still does since we haven't talked in months (yeah it's the guy I previously mentioned that will never call you (back), and is always "busy" when you want to spend some time together) and when I played the game a couple of times on his PC I wasn't impressed at all. Nothing more than the typical popular and overrated title in my eyes.

Still playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

The game can be more glitchy than a Bethesda title and its difficulty curve is too high at the start if you ignore the first set of quests in the main questline.

I finally got the hang of combat but still occasionally get confused and take hits I don't understand why. And this is coming from a mount & blade multiplayer veteran.

But I'm really enjoying the game. It's fun, has lots of content and looks stunning. Best forests in any game I played so far.

It isn't really recent but I played Resident Evil 5 and liked it well enough. I really enjoyed killing those crazy Africans, they were even more frightening than zombies and lickers.

I went back to my Blade Kitten save which I abandoned a few years ago, I think from getting stuck? Anyways, I got further but IDK, this game is very bland and obviously very uh... low budget? It just has that look to it, with the really uninspiring texture work, somewhat sloppy and stiff animation work, and boring looking characters and enemies. The camera makes me slightly nauseous and the music also isn't that memorable and some of it kinda makes my head hurt. The combat feels strange and off too... It's also not as funny or witty as it thinks it is. I'll probably give it another hour or so before I decide if I want to ditch it or keep going I guess. At the end of the day it's just another somewhat bland platformer.

This is the only time the game managed to make me crack a smile.

Nice Horzine avatar! I play KF2 often, it's the only online game that doesn't make me pull my own hair out. 

Is it cool with you if I hit you up?

4 minutes ago, Mr. Freeze said:

Nice Horzine avatar! I play KF2 often, it's the only online game that doesn't make me pull my own hair out. 

5 minutes ago, mrthejoshmon said:

I'm playing through Shadow Warrior 2 right now and it's the damn tits.

Best game I've played for ages.

Yeah dude

Finished level 5 in Turok 2, finished Resurrection of Evil for Doom 3, the ending of which left me going 'what.' Yeah, what. I don't understand the appeal for this game, AFAIAC the true Doom 3 is Doom 64. Reaching the end of Belzebub mod for Diablo on Nightmare with my Warrior, going to grind/farm lvls 14-16 a little to give myself an edge in the Terror Domain, which will no doubt be extremely difficult. My Anna run on hard in Carmageddon is going well.

Just got the DMC HD Collection on Steam. I've played some of the missions of DMC 1 and DMC 3: SE, and while they were enjoyable, I feel as if this port is almost a cashgrab. Very few QoL changes have been made, although the games are still really fun. Regardless, it's great to finally have a competent port of DMC 1, 2, and 3 on the PC. 

On 3/12/2018 at 2:11 AM, Anidrex_1009 said:

A shitload of World of Warcraft, my favorite game ever. 

I've been doing the exact same. Non-stop for about 2 weeks now. Loving every second of it too ;)

I've been half-assing it with KF2. I started on Hard difficulty during the Christmas update and that was mostly for the pajama suit cosmetic. Steam says I have almost 600 hours on it, but in truth I'd put it as 20-25% actual playtime for completing the daily objectives. The rest has been idling on the main screen to exploit the cosmetic drop timer, especially during events. It's rare for me to actually want to play the game on my own without the carrot called the Vault Dosh.

I've been playing a bit of Diablo II non-LoD lately, trying to level up a Skelemancer for Hell difficulty. Two non-LoD-specific things will have to be overcome:

• Diablo II monsters are scaled to account for LoD's act 5. Non-LoD characters don't have that to level up on before going on to the next difficulty, so they start the next difficulty with a gigantic deficit in levels and massively boosted enemies to face off against.
  • Mercs are act-specific and do not travel with your character, nor can they be improved upon or revived. So no Might merc to power up my skeleton warriors. That also removes a source of damage to get that first corpse to drop, so now I'll have to figure out another way. I could use my Blizzard sorceress to kill a bunch of enemies in the beginning and switch back to the Necro, but since ice attacks don't leave many intact corpses and the game removes most corpses when rejoining a game, finding one that can be raised as a skeleton may prove frustrating.

I'd hate to try to play with LoD because of my packrat mentality. All my mule characters are filled up as it is, and the double-sized stash seems like a scant benefit for all the possible charms, runes and runewords, equipment and weapons that LoD provides.

I've been playing Eternal Senia, a free to play indie RPG I stumbled upon on Steam.

It's fun where it matters most, and the story is good enough for me not to want to skip dialog. Still, it's nothing to write home about, yet it's sitting at 97% positive reviews, which is a good example of why Steam's review system doesn't work as you'd expect. The game is fun and a lot of people recommend it, hell, I recommend it, but at first glance it looks like it's some sort of masterpiece.

A score system would be much better that the good/bad system that's in place now.

I've just beaten the last park on the Challenging Parks tab in Roller Coaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack. It's amazing how often the designers resorted to just building you a crap park and giving you a limited loan, then making you wait four in-game years to achieve the goal... Particularly when fixing the park up and meeting the goal can often be done in 2 years or so. I'm hoping there's more "from scratch" challenges in the Expert scenarios, although I'm going to beat the four "Real" parks that I've not already beaten before taking them on.

Beating a park a day seems to fit well with my ongoing Forza 7 career, which is now up to the final cup. My understanding is that, once I've been awarded said cup, more races unlock in all six cups. Beating every race gives you an additional Master reward, per cup, so that's the real goal of the career in my eyes. After that I guess I'll take stock of my car collection (currently around 510 out of ~750) and decide how realistic completing the set is. As they're just rotating through the Specialty Dealer again, I should be able to collect any of the locked cars that I've missed from there easily enough and then focus on the ones awarded for challenges whilst using the income from races to fill out the unlocked cars... The majority of which are in the second-cheapest tier, luckily, so I'll work my way down from most expensive.

Still half-assing it in KF2, but I pushed into Suicidal difficulty because of a weekly objective. The weekly objective changes something about the enemies in some drastic way, such as exploding on death or headshots only. The weekly at the time of this post is Beefcake, where enemies get bigger and healthier if they hit you or are boosted by certain enemy actions. One of the enemies capable of boosting the others will get a set of heavy armor when a new update lands in about a week, so I figure I try to complete the weekly and get its corresponding cosmetic before then. Who dares wins, eh?

Good god, Suicidal is an apt name for the kind of person who enters that difficulty without at least acclimating to Hard. More damage, increased health, new evasive moves and attacks, and enemy variants that only appear on this difficulty on up. I died 3 or 4 times on the first wave, usually because I was trapped in a corner or caught up on map geometry. Eventually I got the idea to kite the groups of enemies and pick them off, especially the one booster enemy. I had a few close calls, mostly saved by armor I usually didn't purchase in lieu of better firepower. I guess the game was feeling less asshole-ish because I don't remember it spawning groups of tough enemies just around corners I'm about to go through. It even spawned a free set of armor so I could save dosh for a top-tier weapon. Thus I carried on, vigilant of each nasty creature I blew away and avoiding tight spaces where I could be surrounded.

Finally, it was the boss wave. I bought new armor, reloaded all of my weapons and spent the rest on an RPG and ammo. I was loaded for genetically-enhanced bear and was not going to let this one get way. The game did not disappoint in its thematically fitting choice of boss: a hulking roided-out muscleman with flesh-grinding gauntlets, gold-plated spikes embedded in his flesh, and a chest laser that telegraphed his attack with a stereotypical pew-pew. I had fought him plenty of times before on lower difficulties, and he had no new abilities, so I focused on the basics: fire RPG to soften him up, dispose of his minions when they got close, duck when pew-pew, heal myself or reload when it is safe to do so, backpedal-jump-block with the knife in an open area when he performs his bullrush attack. Once I used up the RPG's reserves, I dropped it in favor of an automatic shotgun and chipped away at the energy shield the boss put up. He was on his last leg but had one last charge left. Instead of backpedal-jump-block, I charged towards him with a double-barrelled shotgun in hand. At the last second, I jumped up and blasted his head to oblivion with whatever a pair of 10-gauge shells contains.

It felt damn good to complete the weekly, but my heart was pounding hard like when I started playing in Hard. I probably won't play Suicidal difficulty until I get more levels in my Perks.

Yeah you really need to at least be on level 20 of whatever perk you choose if you want to do those weekly objectives and Suicidal in general really.

Excited for the next major update which should be out next week (Its in Beta but i cant be bothered playing in Beta)

Created a Rogue in the Belzebub mod for Diablo, started her off with some pretty nifty gear. Almost beat Diablo with my Warrior on Nightmare but I'm financially ruined to take him on reliably with only an hour to spare before he gets too strong so I'll have to hold off in the meantime.