Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaZa

Old but gold WADs?

I've recently been playin' some Maximum Doom and I stumbled upon Megalab. That is probably one of the most beautiful '94 maps I've ever played, and it was made on April 30th. Guy's ahead of his time by a lot. It's really nicely laid out and it looks beautiful too! Same with Megawatt, that one's older.

Also, the hotel WAD is really stunning as well, and airwalk is a nice deathmatch.

What's some old but gold WAD you've found these days?

galaxia.wad

uac_dead.wad

The unholy trinity

starwar1.wad and starwar2.wad

Aliens TC

The Invade Series

EDIT: reading the valkiriforce post it make me think about "Crossing the Acheron" always from Dr Sleep

Edited by Walter confetti

If you're playing Maximum Doom, you should check out DANTE2, EARTHSCM, FORTHDETH, INTZONE, SEWV12R2 and SUNGOD, as those are at least some I remember being cool. To this day though I still don't know where to find that particular sewer map outside of Maximum Doom.

For some additional wads, you should check out Paul Schmitz and Jim Flynn's work - I admire The Artifact for being a huge level that otherwise had to be split into three sections, and Flynn's Titan series - The Titan Anomaly, The Mines of Titan, The Farside of Titan, Trouble on Titan and his Oracle wad with Scott Harper.

Bob Evans' Odessa series is also worth a look, but an acquired taste for puzzle-solving. I also think Walkabout is a nice challenging level from one of the authors of Memento Mori (Jens Nielsen).