Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Impie

Operation Body Count - Version 1.0 Release!

Shit somehow I didn't see the last post. It was telling me I was the last one to post in this thread. I think. I dunno.

Anyway, Icarus talked about the mod. It's in the op.

Edited by Impie

As an attractive, sexually active man, I found this mod largely boring. At least it's better than one of the games it borrowed resources from! After all, it has non-orthogonal walls now. Not to mention a non-negligible amount of staircases and other such faetures. Other than that... there are also some other things, so that's a plus. On the other hand, the Operation Bodycount team made all their stuff by themselves, I got to hand it to them. Though, the un-originality of the resources fits this mod very well, so ultimately I must say you made a good choice. Good luck on your future endeavors. Solid 4/10, I'd say.

I'm quite enjoying it so far. It's very fast-paced, and trashy (in a good way). I guess some people would take issue with the amount of hit-scan enemies, but I don't. The guy at the briefing screens bears a striking resemblance to John de Lancie. 

7 hours ago, Ajora said:

and trashy (in a good way)

I was going for "as pulpy as possible" with this one. :D

Glad you're getting a kick out of it. Hitscan enemies have been a divisive point for doomers lately for some reason.

Operation Body Count is a success! If I had anything to nitpick, it's that fire can sometimes linger awhile longer than it should, resulting in having to twiddle my thumbs for a bit. Also, it's often hard to be able to tell where enemies are in relation to their sounds. I could be very far away from an enemy, and it would sound like they're right beside me. But that's pretty minor stuff. Overall, it was a lot of fun!

The intermission screen looks kinda familiar. I'm wondering if I've seen it somewhere before.

14 minutes ago, Ajora said:

The intermission screen looks kinda familiar. I'm wondering if I've seen it somewhere before.

The regular intermission screen is the box art for Persian Gulf Inferno, and the ending screen and briefing screen are both from Alcatraz. Both are Amiga games that have missions based on them in the mod.

Also yeah, the sound thing is a side-effect of using static portals (i.e. how I got the multiple-leveled areas to work).

Have you considered making a version of this which is compatible with WildWeasel's Police Brutality mod?
I think that would be absolutely amazing, all you would have to do is change which weapons get dropped for a few of the guns.

Fixed a map error on level 9 that made the dumbwaiter impossible to board from the upper level of the plane. Players should be able to get into the lift from either floor now.