Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

10 Years of Doom(world)

Happy (belated) birthday, Doomworld! Funny how tonight at work we were playing 3-player deathmatch and coop out of nowhere on lxDoom. I even broke out Yadex and started making a custom DM map for our department on my Eee PC. Yay for editors that randomly corrupt wad files!

I'm suprised at the lack of pbf.

Happy Birfday DW. Ling seems more sarcastic/bitter/whathaveyou compared with the early days.

DJ_Haruko said:

Happy (belated) birthday, Doomworld! Funny how tonight at work we were playing 3-player deathmatch and coop out of nowhere on lxDoom. I even broke out Yadex and started making a custom DM map for our department on my Eee PC. Yay for editors that randomly corrupt wad files!

I had a play on an Eee PC the other day, great little machine. How are you finding it?

Planky said:

I had a play on an Eee PC the other day, great little machine. How are you finding it?

Really good, actually. It's become something of a glorified PDA for me. I've resisted installing any additional repositories for apt, though, since I'm working on a program that is supposed to run on a stock Eee PC. Hence, rather than going through a slightly larger hassle and getting PrBoom running on it, I used good ol' lxdoom instead. Plays it great and hosts a server wonderfully, though.

Happy birthday doomworld, i wish less morons and trolls (won't happens fo sure since trolls always exist) and way more cool people

wavelength 3.0 said:

My page has still been around longer.

Dog shit has been around for a while too but no one talks about that.

Wow. Just wow. Doom web sites and players have come and gone but good old DW is still alive and kicking. Hell, I don't think I've regularly visited any other web site even remotely as long as 10 years.

In my mind DW is and has been the single most important cornerstone of the Doom community. It also happens to be one of my favourite web sites of all time. Naturally I hope it will live on for years to come. Thanks DW, and good luck in the future!

Wow, 10 years? Has it really been that long?

I really have to hand it to Doomworld. Without its dedication to the game we all remember and love, where would the community be? I would submit no-where near as strong as it is today!

Here is to another 10 years strong! Keep it going!

PS. Thrust now has 4 shades of colored lighting. plz 2 post dat k thx

There is the same amount of Doom News now, it's just that most of it goes in the forums. Look at some of those stories, somebody "had an idea for the boss" or "are working on a sprite" in thier project on the front page?

Also somebody ACTUALLY HAD "^_^" as thier username?

(Ahh Doomsphere, when is Securitron 3 coming out? i want to steal the awesome shotgun sprite for my "Anarchy doom" wad)

Actually when i first joined the DW forums somebody had put in a post linking to an Anarchist website, but they had attempted to make the subject line a link. I then leapt onto the thread going "Hey check out my project you can kill kops in!!" and got flamed. I also asked if it was possible to make the pistol more powerful in Dehacked (in an oblique post with the subject line "Is it just me..." and the first post "...or is dehacked the worst thing in the world?". Not even asking for the help i wanted until later in the thread!) and got flamed some more. I think i avoided the forums for ages after that because i thought they where really mean and nasty... heh.

(Then again some of the old news comments display blinding stupidity, like the bloke who went off bragging about how he had gone down on some girl before he even kissed her as a comment to a /newstuff. Yeah we beleive you)