Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marscaleb

Please critique my weapon designs (sketches)

Hello people!
I've been sketching ideas for some weapon designs this week and I'd like to share them.  Please offer any feedback on them, good or bad.

They are just sketches at this point, but try to think of them from the perspective of seeing these designs (in a finished quality) in a game available on Steam and the like.  (That's the level of quality I want to achieve.)  The setting for the game is one that takes place in an unspecified time in the future.  What would be your reaction from seeing these guns in a game?  What would you expect of this gun?  What would you expect from a game with guns like these?
Or just, give normal feedback on the guns.

Some of these have alternate versions of the same weapon.  Let me know which you like better.

lf2focc.png

m3G9HTw.png

Hst2JqH.png

5h1Jsir.png

An alternate version:

kGI4kUh.png

SHqBQqs.png

An alternate version:
iFNKXLA.png

KqPGUHI.png

1IInLal.png

An alternate version:
cdaU1YZ.png

P4rcRNK.png

XMgKHKh.png

I like the alternate versions of both the Harvester Magnum and Commando M33, and the standard AC-12 Carbine.

At first glance, it seems like you wouldn't be able to hit a damn thing with the standard version of the M33, the iron sight in the front is too low, although I guess it'd work if it were to have a hole in the rear part of the handle.

I don't know what else to say, other than that they look pretty good.

15 hours ago, Marscaleb said:

They are just sketches at this point, but try to think of them from the perspective of seeing these designs (in a finished quality) in a game available on Steam and the like.  (That's the level of quality I want to achieve.) 

That's a very low bar to surpass, let me tell ya :P

While they look good I wouldn't react to seeing them in a game, because I wouldn't be able to distinguish them from your ordinary weapons you see in your ordinary Modern Military shooter. If you had told me they were weapons that actually exist in the world today, I wouldn't have any reason not to believe you.

I feel they share so much similarities to their original inspirations I would assume you were making a CoD.

They might need a codex explaining and justifying the changes.

17 hours ago, MasterRhan said:

They're kinda like the GoldenEye weapons, fictional but based on real ones.

That's basically what I was going for.  I definitely emulated Goldeneye for my naming convention.  Although my goal for the designs themselves was more of "looks like a real gun but isn't."