Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MancubusBruiser1988

getting pk3 files to run

I recently downloaded two pk3 files, one is Qstuff_ultra (Quake style for Doom) and the other is Project Babel..
I can't remember or figure out how to get these to work. I've got the pk3 files in The Doom Directory with the rest so how do I get them to run when starting up Doom?
Do I have to put them somewhere else?

For the most part if you're using Zdoom or GZDoom you can just drag the .pk3 onto the .exe and it'll run.

If it's just one file, that is the thing to do. It's another thing if it's multiple files.

As Glaice said, if you're stringing together more than one file, you can't drag & drop onto your executable (e.g., gzdoom.exe). Use a Frontend utility if you're primarily accustomed to a graphics user interface. A simpler alternative is to use a batch (text) file to run your files. You can also customize the batch file to run your mod the way you want. Here is an example:

gzdoom -IWAD DooM2 -file paranoid.pk3 paranoic.pk3 paranoix.pk3 paranoix.wad -warp 27 -skill 4 -nomonsters

The batch file is attached. You can edit it to run the pk3 or wad files of your choice.

0_Paranoix.zip