Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doodieman

DOOM:ONE

I'm assuming he's talking about this: http://www.moddb.com/mods/doomone

Which took me all of two seconds on Google to find. It's kind of interesting; I started playing a similar .wad for Doom 2 a few years back, basically it just combines all the levels in an episode into a single level. The Doom 2 .wad was actually kind of crap in comparison, it provided very small transitions between levels, usually just one room, and all the enemy and item placement seemed the same.

This actually is kind of interesting, there are a bit more elaborate transitions between the levels, some of the geometry is changed, enemy placement is changed, more details added here and there. And it does require the original Doom iwad. I was kind of scared that it would be included, since the download is 90MB, but you do have to provide the iwad. 

I'll probably play through it later, mainly because I haven't played the original in a while, and it might be a fun way to go through it again.

On 3/13/2018 at 2:10 AM, Payload4367 said:

I thought is was pretty neat. Plus, once you pick up the berserk pack, you have for the rest of the game.

I think that this is too overpowered and the creator wanted to put a 5 minute timer on it.

Edited by cokebone88

3 hours ago, Jello said:

I'm assuming he's talking about this: http://www.moddb.com/mods/doomone

Which took me all of two seconds on Google to find. It's kind of interesting; I started playing a similar .wad for Doom 2 a few years back, basically it just combines all the levels in an episode into a single level. The Doom 2 .wad was actually kind of crap in comparison, it provided very small transitions between levels, usually just one room, and all the enemy and item placement seemed the same.

This actually is kind of interesting, there are a bit more elaborate transitions between the levels, some of the geometry is changed, enemy placement is changed, more details added here and there. And it does require the original Doom iwad. I was kind of scared that it would be included, since the download is 90MB, but you do have to provide the iwad. 

I'll probably play through it later, mainly because I haven't played the original in a while, and it might be a fun way to go through it again.

Was that the memorial.wad?

Ah this is good. I've been trying to remember what this was called for a bit now. I played this a while back myself and remember enjoying it quite a bit. Now I'm gonna download it and play through it all finally :D

Sadly, author doesn't update this anymore, I played it 4-5 years ago with mods. Fun times. 

On 13/03/2018 at 2:38 PM, R4L said:

I apologize for my reply. I sincerely thought you were trolling lol.

Actually, l"m not trolling at all.

Also, when you complete a secret level, it will teleport you back to the level where you took the secret exit and that means taking the regular exit is mandatory.