Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

10 minutes ago, InsanityBringer said:

i vageuly remember carlos stuff getting purged at some point, I'm assuming that's why its gone.

Damn, any idea why?  I looked at an old idgames backup only to find it was made 3 months before it released :(

E-hm, this might be a wrong topic, but can anyone help identify a map which I actually have?

I just can't remember from where did I get this wad, it has 1 map for DooM2, without any objects except player start.

It looks quite unfinished, the only way I could've been interested in it is if it was some sort of.. beta/unreleased content, maybe?
wtfD2.png.fd6ee9bc39699ee7da4f054fd840c1f9.png

wtfD2.zip

Hey everyone I just made an awesome discovery. I found an old doom wad pack from 1995 that I got forever ago. It has a bunch of the original DWANGOs, ALL_THAT.wad, and a bunch of other ancient stuff. If you're looking for any old wads check it out.

[attachment deleted for containing doom2.wad]

Hey everybody, I had a Hexen slaughter WAD recommended to me some time ago... I was told it was called "Hordes of Chaos" and that it was the sequel to a Heretic slaughter WAD. I found the Heretic one, but can't find the Hexen one. Anyone know anything about it?

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Wraith777 said:

E-hm, this might be a wrong topic, but can anyone help identify a map which I actually have?

That's definitely a map from Cleimos - you can check out Cleimos 2 since that's a complete megawad. That map view right there is MAP10.

10 hours ago, Jabroniel said:

Hey everyone I just made an awesome discovery. I found an old doom wad pack from 1995 that I got forever ago. It has a bunch of the original DWANGOs, ALL_THAT.wad, and a bunch of other ancient stuff. If you're looking for any old wads check it out.

WADS.zip

"Sorry, there is a problem. We could not locate the item you are trying to view"

5 hours ago, VVL said:

"Sorry, there is a problem. We could not locate the item you are trying to view"

Fixed, should be working now

I'm trying to find a wad thats kinda cinematic. There's a lot of open space, almost like the grand canyon. it all leads to this giant fortress and there's a bunch of enemies and stuff.

that's all I know about it, I saw it on a Project Brutality test video. I want to play it though

2 hours ago, Akenore said:

I'm trying to find a wad thats kinda cinematic. There's a lot of open space, almost like the grand canyon. it all leads to this giant fortress and there's a bunch of enemies and stuff.

that's all I know about it, I saw it on a Project Brutality test video. I want to play it though

Lol that could be a lot of things... But epic(map05)?

On 3/16/2018 at 6:10 AM, valkiriforce said:

That's definitely a map from Cleimos - you can check out Cleimos 2 since that's a complete megawad. That map view right there is MAP10.

Oh god, thank you so much! I've become so short on memory that I can't remember what I've played a few years ago..

Now I remembered: when I played this map I saw a room with textures scrolling faster than usual. Then I copied it in separate wad and tried to figure out how does it work..

20 minutes ago, invictius said:

Which map of Valiant?  (Even tried a reverse image search)

28953725_2048447372075951_2422959829162616885_o.jpg

Map 30 of Valiant(couldnt you just play the wad and find it tho?)

20 hours ago, Catpho said:

Map 30 of Valiant(couldnt you just play the wad and find it tho?)

Maybe, but in this case I would have had to go through 29 other maps before finding it.  Would rather be patient and see if anyone here knows.

7 hours ago, invictius said:

Maybe, but in this case I would have had to go through 29 other maps before finding it.  Would rather be patient and see if anyone here knows.

Eh, maybe so, but its better to try then dont try, its good practice imo :)

Hello! I want to find this wad shown in the video (11:00)

(It's probably Slaughterfest 2012 but can't find that exact map.)

Does somebody still have that fake BTSX e3 wad? It was released on an April Fools thread and seems like any trace of it was deleted from doomworld.

So if this is only for wads that you've played before, and it's frowned upon for me to make a new thread about it... where do I ask if there have been any wads like Helm's Deep?

On 3/7/2018 at 3:58 PM, yakfak said:

i have a strong memory of someone stopping by to drop off a doom 2 megawad they'd made, i think it used a mixture of stock textures and scanned in comic art, and the person who made did it alone and also ran a webcomic about angels... or something? they just popped in my head... they sort of got a rough reception in the release thread because the gameplay didn't match people's modern expectations and might've been discouraged.

anyone remember that? i thought the megawad had a one word name but i just spent ages searching through old posts, need to change my tactics

Sounds kind of like Doom II 20th Anniversary aka d2kitana

1 hour ago, kmxexii said:

Sounds kind of like Doom II 20th Anniversary aka d2kitana

hell yes, this is it! thank you!

these levels make me think of marswar with their general simplicity with intruding moments of weird creativity, gonna run around them on ITYTD looking for a billion secrets :)))

On 05/03/2018 at 3:45 PM, Memfis said:

I don't think so. I only learned about it because vdgg recorded a demo a few years ago. I've never seen it mentioned anywhere else.

I think vdgg found it because I compared the opening area of his wad Explanada to it in a review (they are slightly similar, an empty plain under a sky in front of a large door). I had found it through reverse image searching an archvile in a room full of crates posted on /vr/; the result was the author's webpage for the wad.

On 3/16/2018 at 6:04 PM, Catpho said:

Lol that could be a lot of things... But epic(map05)?

No, its not from epic - at least I don't think so. I believe its a single map wad, it has a ton of creatures on it if that helps any more.

1 hour ago, Akenore said:

No, its not from epic - at least I don't think so. I believe its a single map wad, it has a ton of creatures on it if that helps any more.

Longdays?

3 hours ago, invictius said:

They were all from last year or earlier as that's the timestamp on the shots.

"pics"

-First and last pic: Grove

-Second pic and 6th pic: either DBAB or Aeondm

Edited by Catpho

11 minutes ago, Catpho said:

lol the old reviews are a stunning cavalcade of "three stars because even though it's brilliant and inventive I couldn't breeze through it like I autopilot other maps"

grove is a serious treasure