Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

Why was my WAD rejected?

I uploaded a wad a week ago, got an e-mail, replied to it but it still got rejected. Why?

Wed Feb 28 20:54:02 EST 2018 Rejected D3PRMEXS.zip because: no response to verification email after 7 days.

Thu Mar 8 18:29:36 EST 2018 Rejected D3PRMEXS.zip because: no response to verification email after 7 days.

going a little OT but what is these "unmodified ID software resources" that are been taken in consideration for the rejects?

Over than blatant copy/paste stuff from the original IWADS I don't have any clue about it...

6 hours ago, Memfis said:

Wed Feb 28 20:54:02 EST 2018 Rejected D3PRMEXS.zip because: no response to verification email after 7 days.

Thu Mar 8 18:29:36 EST 2018 Rejected D3PRMEXS.zip because: no response to verification email after 7 days.

I did reply the second time.

2 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

going a little OT but what is these "unmodified ID software resources" that are been taken in consideration for the rejects?

Over than blatant copy/paste stuff from the original IWADS I don't have any clue about it...

That's exactly what it is. IWAD lumps that are byte-for-byte the same.

But I've seen WADs with IWAD resources included again and they are on idgames, like Ancient Aliens. Or do you have to be well established in the community for your copying to be overlooked?

Is it byte-for-byte, or is it palette altered? (see: BTSX)

Besides which, anybody well established wont be putting IWAD resources in their WAD without a technical purpose anyway.

1 minute ago, Bloodshedder said:

You didn't read the verification e-mail very closely.

Oh...well I feel stupid now.