Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Impie

Your Thoughts on Last Rites

I've never played it (couldn't get it to run correctly on Dosbox), but I think it looks pretty badass, but the few reviews I've read haven't been favorable. Is this generally considered a good or bad fps?

My understanding is that it was mostly a UK release and saw little if any exposure in the US. I'd never heard of it til a few years ago.

Never even heard of this; it looks kinda rad and a low-res L4D sounds cool.

It has a Steam store page and is rereleasing soon but without multiplayer.

41 minutes ago, wheresthebeef said:

It has a Steam store page and is rereleasing soon but without multiplayer.

Woah, that's hilarious! I legit said "what the fuck?" out loud.

It kinda blows me away that you can buy some of these super under the radar DOS games now. 6 or 7 years ago I went on a DOS game binge and discovered all kinds of games (like Last Rites) and it was always sad to see how the majority of them would be locked away in abandonware hell. Glad to see PC-game preservation has taken a significant step up in all these years.

54 minutes ago, CARRiON said:

Glad to see PC-game preservation has taken a significant step up in all these years.

Same here. I keep discovering weirdo computer games for DOS and Windows 95 I'd never heard of.

Last Rites has a nice look and sound to it, and I like that they had enemy variety with the undead so they're not all the same melee critters. I love the sledgehammer-throwing guys and the Day of the Dead-esque soundtrack.

Heard of it. Love the concept and design for it. Would really love to do a TC of it to GZDoom, but first we need a full rip to do it right. The files I have are only partial.

17 hours ago, Nevander said:

Would really love to do a TC of it...

It would be cool to make a zombie mod inspired by it yes. I once prototyped such a mod.