Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MoonDaddy

zDaemon Wont Let Me Play chillax-9.7.3 locally and I don't know why

Talked to some guy in the IRC channel of zdaemon and he said zdeamon doesn't like dots in the wad names.  I figgered I could just change the name of the wad on my hard drive but I can't find the chillax-9.7.3 anywhere on my hard drive, which is so fucking bizarre!  I am obsessed with map 30 and beating this wad's version of the icon of sin and I need to noclip back there to see where to shoot.

chillax.png

And yet it isn't.  I have "Searched" using the windows search function for both of my hard drives and there's nothing there.  It's absolutel bizarre.  Is there a place I can download these wads directly?

Easiest way to "copy" the wads and settings from a server to play locally is to go to the server, press Escape, disconnect and then start a new game.

The original Chillax 9.7.3 and the required png_patch can be both downloaded from wad-archive:
https://www.wad-archive.com/search?q=chillax

The place where ZLauncher saves the downloaded wads for you should be written in zlauncher.ini (in your ZDaemon folder) as "dir0" under "[Dir]".

heh, hi again
Well, if Zdaemon can "see" the wads then they must be on some of the folder that appear when you click on...
This button:

image.png.446caf40e9fdc220d2a57b8ab538f338.png

THANKS for your advice, everyone.  I still can't play it locally for whatever strange reason, BUT, I managed to start my own server with the wad and practiced in there. I finally killed that fucker tonight!

I know this is a old post old but in figuring this out myself, I am now able to play this locally in gzdoom (same cmd as zdoom) using the following command line.

gzdoom.exe  -iwad "doom2.wad" -file  "chillax-v9.7.3_sf2012_final_xalocin_rev2.wad" "chillax-v9.7.2_png_patch.wad" "supergun2.wad"

Looks better than zdaemon and there are slight differences in game play between the two but its close.  Especially if you use sv_fastweapons 1 (or 2 if you want really crazy guns).