Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VanaheimRanger

Is it possible to flip a texture upside down in UDMF?

I'm using GZDoom Builder in UDMF format.  Just wondering if I can flip an animated texture upside down.  Want to have bloodfall pouring onto the ceiling.  I could just edit the texture I suppose, but if there is an easier way I'm all ears.

33 minutes ago, guitardz said:

I could just edit the texture I suppose, but if there is an easier way I'm all ears

As far as I know, flipping the textures in SLADE, and adding them to the animated lump etc is as easy as it gets.

10 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

As far as I know, flipping the textures in SLADE, and adding them to the animated lump etc is as easy as it gets.

That's actually easier than what I was planning (flipping the texture in a graphics editor) so I'll go with that.

You can only flip ceiling/floors in UDMF, not textures. Nine's idea is the best option.

You can flip textures by changing their scaling to a negative number. Vertical scaling of -1 makes them vertically mirrored.

6 hours ago, Gez said:

You can flip textures by changing their scaling to a negative number. Vertical scaling of -1 makes them vertically mirrored.

Boom, Gez!  This is exactly the kind of outside the box thinking I needed.  Thank you.  This blood fountain room is gonna be off the chain now!