Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Visplane Overflow!

Rank title meaning

So i just stumbled upon Fraggle profile and he/she is Super Moderators. But if you scroll down fraggle rank is The Kevin Bacon Of Doom.

What is kevin bacon?(I know its is rank title but what is doom related to kevin bacon?

1 minute ago, Visplane Overflow! said:

What is kevin bacon?(I know its is rank title but what is doom related to kevin bacon?

I assumed it was just a joke referring to that "six degrees of Kevin Bacon" thing.

Kevin Norwood Bacon (born July 8, 1958) is an American actor and musician. His films include musical-drama film Footloose (1984), the controversial historical conspiracy legal thriller JFK (1991), the legal drama A Few Good Men (1992), the historical docudrama Apollo 13 (1995), and the mystery drama Mystic River (2003).

10 hours ago, Visplane Overflow! said:

Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon is a game, where the idea is that any actor is six or fewer acquaintance links apart from Kevin Bacon.

Recently, someone created a thread on Doomworld that creates the same game, only making Simon "Fraggle" Howard the destination.

7 minutes ago, ReX said:

Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon is a game, where the idea is that any actor is six or fewer acquaintance links apart from Kevin Bacon.

Recently, someone created a thread on Doomworld that creates the same game, only making Simon "Fraggle" Howard the destination.

Fraggle then declared that he had at last become the Kevin Bacon of Doom, and Linguica changed his title to "Kevin Bacon of Doom."

Or you can read the thread and get the blow-by-blow history.

So Fraggle was never Kevin Bacon, masquerading as a forum Overlord all along?

Just shows you how far under a rock I've been living.

Heh.

21 hours ago, fraggle said:

Kevin Norwood Bacon (born July 8, 1958) is an American actor and musician. His films include musical-drama film Footloose (1984), the controversial historical conspiracy legal thriller JFK (1991), the legal drama A Few Good Men (1992), the historical docudrama Apollo 13 (1995), and the mystery drama Mystic River (2003).

So whats related to Doom?

12 hours ago, Visplane Overflow! said:

He is famous, and also there are a lot of silly games based around him iirc. So fraggle is used in a silly game, so yea :P

13 hours ago, Visplane Overflow! said:

Well it's obvious. JFK is about a shooter, A Few Good Men is about marines, Apollo XIII is about space. So you mix all that and you get the coded message: a space marine shooter. It was Doom all along!

Why don't I have a custom title by now?

What does that have to do with DooM? I'll tell you:

1. One of the keepers of custom titles is Fraggle.

2. Fraggle is Kevin Bacon in disguise.

3. Bacon goes real well with omelettes & hash browns.

4. An imp is exceedingly brown.

5. DooM is full of imps.

6. I've done a fair amount of customizing DooM, in my time.

Ergo, by following the rules of Six Degrees, I ought to have a custom title. Impeccable logic, wouldn't you say?

2 hours ago, ReX said:

Why don't I have a custom title by now?

That one is already taken. See the post above yours. :P

17 hours ago, Empyre said:

That one is already taken. See the post above yours. :P

Since @Gez's post was ~2 hours before @ReX's post, I have to assume @ReX was being ironic.

20 hours ago, ReX said:

Ergo, by following the rules of Six Degrees, I ought to have a custom title. Impeccable logic, wouldn't you say?

Be careful what you wish for. You may end up with a custom title involving imps and hash browns or something like that. Of course, you may like that, in which case, huzzah!

22 hours ago, Gez said:

Well it's obvious. JFK is about a shooter, A Few Good Men is about marines, Apollo XIII is about space. So you mix all that and you get the coded message: a space marine shooter. It was Doom all along!

I like it. (After typing this sentence, I actually did go back an like the post.)

Of course, @fraggle also mentioned Footloose and Mystic River. The first is a movie about a teenager bringing the joy of dance to a repressed town and the second is a movie about old friends who have drifted apart coming back into each other's lives due to tragedy. I don't see how these relate to Doom, but I suppose I'm just not getting the coded message.

54 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

... I have to assume @ReX was being ironic.

Indeed, I was. :wink:

54 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

Be careful what you wish for. You may end up with a custom title involving imps and hash browns or something like that. Of course, you may like that, in which case, huzzah!

Imps Smoking Hash. Now that would be a custom title.

On 3/20/2018 at 8:55 PM, Catpho said:

He is famous, and also there are a lot of silly games based around him iirc. So fraggle is used in a silly game, so yea :P

Back up! Fraggle has games based around him?

38 minutes ago, Zulk RS said:

As @ReX said earlier in this thread "someone created a thread on Doomworld that creates the same game" referring to the Six Degrees of Simon Howard game (I decided that was the best name, since it matches Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon).

I don't know if the Fraggles themselves ever had a video game, but I think they just the TV show and related books, movies, etc.

2 hours ago, Zulk RS said:

No, but I had a cameo in Urban Brawl (along with many other Doomers)

urban_brawl_me.png

On 18/3/2018 at 11:11 PM, fraggle said:

And a worm hunter. Thats important.

I'm the staple that keeps these Doom pages from flying away.

As for Fraggle, he rocks.

4 hours ago, Pegleg said:

Of course, @fraggle also mentioned Footloose and Mystic River. The first is a movie about a teenager bringing the joy of dance to a repressed town and the second is a movie about old friends who have drifted apart coming back into each other's lives due to tragedy. I don't see how these relate to Doom, but I suppose I'm just not getting the coded message.

Obviously Doomguy's gotta cut loose and kick off his Sunday shoes if he's gonna go toe-to-toe with Hell's forces.

6 minutes ago, The Mysterious Moustachio said:

Obviously Doomguy's gotta cut loose and kick off his Sunday shoes if he's gonna go toe-to-toe with Hell's forces.

So, I guess when he returns to Earth to help rebuild it after wiping out Hell's forces, he presumably runs into old friends that drifted apart over the years, but have no been thrown back together by Hell's onslaught?

48 minutes ago, Anidrex_1009 said:

And a worm hunter. Thats important.

Worm hunter. Demon hunter. It's all hunting dangerous things.

So, apparently, Kevin Bacon's filmography is one, decades-long allegory for Doom. Who knew?