Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Trevor0402

Sega Saturn DOOM TC!

Been spending time working on this. My brother (BaratusII) also has helped with the project as well.

Here is what is done so far. I think it's going pretty well.

I'm going to be brutally honest; the Saturn port is a butchered version of the Playstation port.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Framerate is way too high to be a faithful Saturn TC

2 hours ago, Impboy4 said:

I'm going to be brutally honest; the Saturn port is a butchered version of the Playstation port.

Hey, some people don't like the coloured lighting. Had Carmack allowed the devs to render the visuals the way they wanted, this could have been the result.

One criticism I have is that the titlepic looks a bit like it's been ripped using an RCA composite cable. Other than that, I say continue.

8 hours ago, Trevor0402 said:

Been spending time working on this. My brother (BaratusII) also has helped with the project as well.

Welcome to the Doomworld forums Trevor0402.

Yeah I tested his Sega Saturn conversion, although would be cool to see more assets besides the HUD though.

I'm totally hyped for this!

Yes, I know the Saturn DOOM port is a butchered down version of the PSX port, but I still find it appreciable. Then again, we also have the Sega 32X TC.

3 hours ago, Baratus 95 said:

Welcome to the Doomworld forums Trevor0402.

Yeah I tested his Sega Saturn conversion, although would be cool to see more assets besides the HUD though.

Maybe make the weapons slightly faster and fireballs use the rocket explosion sound when hit? Also, make Doomguy always grunt regardless of the height of the floor where he falls. Those are some of the basic traits of the Saturn port.

Edited by taufan99

On 3/19/2018 at 12:06 PM, Trevor0402 said:

Sorry if I done did a MASSIVE necro, but i'm still interested in this TC. Are you still working on it, or no?

1 hour ago, PixelCrunch said:

Sorry if I done did a MASSIVE necro, but i'm still interested in this TC. Are you still working on it, or no?

I asked the author sometime ago, apparently it's lost after a crash and they haven't decided to revisit it, at least not anytime soon.