Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DerTodIstEinDandy

New GUI launcher for PrBoom+: first release!

Thanks 👍
Especially useful for Master Levels (I hope we someday can play in on DWMegawad club, lol)

Love the launcher but I'm trying to launch it through steam but every time I try to play it says Prboom-plus.wad not found so I have to go to the program files themselves in order to play. Any ideas on how I can launch it through Steam instead?

I can't get the launcher to work.

Whenever I try to open it, the application returns a fatal error, saying: "Failed to execute script gui."

Does anybody have a clue how to fix this?

@DerTodIstEinDandy Thank you, but unfortunately, the same error is returned to me.

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

I can't see any Python installations on my system, however, there is this one file in my PWAD-folder "\Desktop\id Tech 1\PWADs\Mappacks\2016 - WadSmoosh\wadsmoosh_creation\python37.dll"

@Dinoaur Could you please download this version https://drive.google.com/file/d/133fzKx7w3miRkuDXdgKDfG6Ei4UFSQvx/view?usp=sharing and launch it using Windows command line? You want to start cmd.exe (it can be accessed through Windows Search panel), type in the full path to the launcher like this: "C:\programs\PrBoom-launcher-console.exe" and hit Enter. Then you could report whatever error messages appear in the command line window after this.

Hi, how can I launch this through Steam? It always says  "Prboom-plus.wad not found" but if I open the local files and run it, then it works? Same thing that happened with some other guy in this thread except he figured it out himself.

On 5/28/2019 at 8:27 AM, M.A.G. said:

Never mind I figured it out 

What did you do to make it work?

Edit: To anyone wondering, you just have to copy prboom-plus.wad into the game's files. But not inside the "base folder", you wanna put it in the actual folder of the game in the same place where you have stuff like "doom2+mouse.bat".

Edited by ayrton2222

@ayrton2222 I don't understand what you mean by that. I've tried copying to all the folders I've got, but I still get the same error message.

The launcher does, however, work using the advice of @DerTodIstEinDandy, but I'm not interested in launching from a command line each and every time.

EDIT: Selecting a game returns the error message "PrBoom-Plus.wad not found. Can't continue."

The WAD is located in PrBoom's directory (Desktop\id Tech 1\Source Ports\PrBoom+\prboom-plus.wad).

Edited by Dinoaur

I don't understand. It works only from the command line and produces no errors, but fails without command line? That's just really bizzare. The point of command line was only to see the error output.

In order for the launcher to direct the engine to the wad files correctly you may want to specify the wad containing folder, the settings for file locations are in the "Files@ menu. By default the launcher assumes the WAD files are in the same folder as the launcher itself (except master levels, those are supposed to be in the \master subfolder by default).

On 5/21/2020 at 12:02 AM, DerTodIstEinDandy said:

I don't understand. It works only from the command line and produces no errors, but fails without command line? That's just really bizzare. The point of command line was only to see the error output.

In order for the launcher to direct the engine to the wad files correctly you may want to specify the wad containing folder, the settings for file locations are in the "Files@ menu. By default the launcher assumes the WAD files are in the same folder as the launcher itself (except master levels, those are supposed to be in the \master subfolder by default).

I realise this is a bit late, but my previous reply was poorly worded and gave a wrong impression of the problem at hand, so I'll try again:

The command line method only works so far as to bring up the menu, but fails to launch any games, returning the error message: "PrBoom-Plus.wad not found. Can't continue."

I've tried changing the file location of the WADs from "\Desktop\id Tech 1\IWADs\" to "\Desktop\id Tech 1\Source Ports\PrBoom+\", but this has had no effect.

By the way, when you're saying "WADs", you do mean "IWADs", right?

Edited by Dinoaur

how does it work? because the file that the launcher is in the same folder as the prboom+.exe file is located, and i click on DOOM2 because the doom 2 wad is in the folder but nothing happens, and even custom pwad's dont work, can somebody at least can explain?