Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
THEBaratusII

What node builders do you use often?

I use ZDBSP, which I find reliably creates proper nodes, BLOCKMAPS, etc.

On 21/03/2018 at 11:04 AM, Baratus 95 said:

The current one I'm using right now is ZenMode, what is your often used node builders and tell why you use it often.

Why not give ZokumBSP a try? It's based on ZenNode. It fixes a few bugs and adds more options.

1 hour ago, zokum said:

Why not give ZokumBSP a try? It's based on ZenNode. It fixes a few bugs and adds more options.

Yeah, going to give ZokumBSP a try for my next maps, just recently downloaded it and puting it together for GZDoom Builder.

ZenNode as well, since it's the default shipped with DB2. I've had no issues with it and have a if-it-aint-broke-don't-fix-it approach to downloading yet more software.

Except it IS broken. It has bugs and inefficiencies. ZokumBSP will handle bigger maps than ZenNode currently does due to fixing algorithms and overflows. It won't be noticable for smaller maps, but once you get into the av20 territory, things can start to act odd...

I've had no issues with ZenNode on single levels as large as 3.5 megabytes. Larger than that and my crappy laptop struggles anyway.

So, I will continue to enjoy the broken ZenNode until it gives me a reason not to :D

3.5 megabyte is awfully big for a doom map that builds with ZenNode. Are you also including textures and flats etc in that size or are we talking 3.5 megabyte of geometry and monsters?

4 hours ago, zokum said:

3.5 megabyte is awfully big for a doom map that builds with ZenNode. Are you also including textures and flats etc in that size or are we talking 3.5 megabyte of geometry and monsters?

Geometry and monsters only. I like to make detailed levels :o)

Couple of hundred trees will do that easily. Square buildings, not so much.

3.5 megabytes of geometry/things, and it works well in vanilla Doom, that's impressive. I'd love to see this creation once it's done.

10 hours ago, zokum said:

3.5 megabytes of geometry/things, and it works well in vanilla Doom, that's impressive. I'd love to see this creation once it's done.

I don't know if it works in vanilla Doom. I just use that as an aim but I don't have the setup to test it.

ZenNode only builds to vanilla format, so if it builds correctly, it should load fine in vanilla doom and chocolate doom.

3 hours ago, zokum said:

ZenNode only builds to vanilla format, so if it builds correctly, it should load fine in vanilla doom and chocolate doom.

Great! That's good news - better than I had hoped. I'll dig up an old map and attach it so people can have some fun.

Edit:

Attached. All difficulty levels are the same. There should be no need to add weapons. The default setup is good enough to complete the game. Hint: Check under the stairs for secrets.

FRAGHOLM.ZIP

Oh, and it uses Doom2.WAD (Hell on Earth)

Edited by alowe