Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bridgeburner56

The Age of Hell: FPS game for GZDoom - DEMO OUT

6 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

Did some gameplay testing tonight. Screenshot_Doom_20180321_222924.png.ef254d23874c8cb260b01f369bb4e56d.pngSlaughter ensued

Screenshot_Doom_20180321_224602.png.55846189bd876749f4d143847498d7d9.png

That looks... challenging >:)

Amazing pics!

I definetly recommend releasing the level at episode basis, so you can get feedback and adapt the whole thing as you receive them. That will also help you avoid getting too burn out. Also, don't get too attached with the 32 level limit, because 32 levels is a fucking lot of levels lol especially if you're going for large and very detailed stuff, and you're going to do it all by yourself.

Anyway, good luck with the project! Can't wait to play the first levels :D

10 hours ago, nervewar said:

That looks... challenging >:)

It was. I was on less than 10 health for the last fight and probably died 30 odd times. I also had to idfa late for more ammo so I've tweaked things a bit. I want things to be challenging but also rant to be able to escalate as the wad progresses. Hard is good. Too hard too early is less good. I'm also balancing around pistol starts so your standard play throuh should be fairly achievable for your average doomer

Edited by Bridgeburner56

9 hours ago, Deadwing said:

Amazing pics!

I definetly recommend releasing the level at episode basis, so you can get feedback and adapt the whole thing as you receive them. That will also help you avoid getting too burn out. Also, don't get too attached with the 32 level limit, because 32 levels is a fucking lot of levels lol especially if you're going for large and very detailed stuff, and you're going to do it all by yourself.

Anyway, good luck with the project! Can't wait to play the first levels :D

I will be doing a staggered release. Probably minimum 5 levels per version, aiming for 8-10. Depends on progress. I feel level 2 is close to completion which depending on how the weekend goes (playing dnd). I feel level 3 in my blood

On 3/20/2018 at 2:00 AM, Big Ol Billy said:

Good luck dude, the megawad mountain is an imposing one. Screenshots look great and atmospheric, though you're really gonna have your work cut out for you if your goal is 32 large, highly-detailed maps. Hope you give yourself and the player a break from time to time by punctuating the set with some breather maps. Or follow your muse :)

The theme will stay fairly consistent but I'm going to force myself to produce things outside my comfort zone. Smaller maps. Tech based stuff. Still hellish but with variance. It's early days and there are many maps to work with. Creative inspiration is welcome

On 3/21/2018 at 8:28 AM, General Rainbow Bacon said:

This looks amazing!  Making that many hell maps interesting will be challenging.  I can see the Diablo inspiration here.  If you need ideas I've got plenty.

Lay them on me. No guarantees but I have a word document of ideas. Be they colour themes, other art inspirations, concepts I like seeds. I can extrapolate from a base concept to something that seems in ensued but having a core helps a lot 

On 3/21/2018 at 8:18 AM, jerrysheppy said:

thats-my-fetish-gifs.jpg

Regardless of how much or how little you end up releasing, I am going to play the shit out of this.

Love it. Much appreciated.

On 3/21/2018 at 6:58 AM, Pure Hellspawn said:

this reminds me a little of bloodstain map29. which is one of my favorite hell maps by the way. the black marble faces - will you be using those?

I'm assuming you are referring to the black versions of the vanilla marble faces? In that case yes. If you are talking about something different point it out. Always looking for more textures

On 3/21/2018 at 4:46 AM, SuperArjunaButt said:

Saw your screenshots on the WAD screenshot thread and have been really interested ever since.  I'm really looking forward to this!

Cheers mate. This kind of comment keeps me going

On 3/21/2018 at 4:04 AM, ReX said:

Here is an example of a 2048 x 2048 sandstone-colored texture.

And here is one of a 1024 x 683 (wtf!) texture.

Do an image search for "tileable" or "seamless" rock textures.

Cheers. I want to avoid anything hyper realistic so that it doesn't visually clash with standard doom textures but I'll have a look into it. Then I have to earn how to creatr my own textures but that is something I should figure out regardless

ohhhhhh new enemies and incredibles maps 

OH MY FUCKING GOD

i love the hell maps like this

only , new enemies, probability need boss battles (like cyberdemon o other news)

and the level 30

please no a normal icon of sin xD

15 minutes ago, Gaia74 said:

OH MY FUCKING GOD

only , new enemies, probability need boss battles (like cyberdemon o other news)

and the level 30

i prefer an Icon of Sin well made over a Cyberdemon. Cyberdemons are in my opinion overused, too predictable, and usually get pwned by circlestafing.

But he is using custom monsters, so there's a ton out there that's much deadlier. I personally would love to see a boss gauntlet that has an icon of sin battle (not necessary the last fight of the map) for Map 30.

51 minutes ago, Gaia74 said:

OH MY FUCKING GOD

and the level 30

33 minutes ago, Pure Hellspawn said:

i prefer an Icon of Sin well made over a Cyberdemon. Cyberdemons are in my opinion overused, too predictable, and usually get pwned by circlestafing.

But he is using custom monsters, so there's a ton out there that's much deadlier. I personally would love to see a boss gauntlet that has an icon of sin battle (not necessary the last fight of the map) for Map 30.

Cybies have their place but I agree that their impact has been lessened by slaughter maps. I currently have more than 50 custom monsters in the back so rest assured that the boss battles will be special

As for Map 30, well, time will tell. It won't be a standard icon of sin. That much I can say

13 minutes ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

50 custom monsters in the back

Dude that's a lot ._.,

4 minutes ago, Girl of Satan said:

Misread the thread title as The Ape of Hell, and I prefer that version tbh.

Duly noted. No promises

Just now, Bridgeburner56 said:

I live to stick it to the man

Which raises the question, who is the man in relation to Doom? 

5 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

Which raises the question, who is the man in relation to Doom? 

UAC.

Specifically, UAC upper management.

It's funny how you can have an idea for an area and then end up with something completely different. Still a lot to do in this room but it's taking shapeScreenshot_Doom_20180324_143259.png.6af45a113c448c8089bebcc0c89a9a18.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180324_143319.png.b7d74bbbb7ecd7193b2f35a0f4eafe37.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180324_143159.png.b5e33ac603108c4d483eba556ea20704.png

27 minutes ago, tmorrow said:

It's scary dark in there ... Bad things can happen in dark places!

Nah, it's fine. Promise. Just pick up the shiny blue skull. It'll be fun. No demons here. Not at all