Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StevenC21

How did you react when you first gazed upon the SSG?

I was like "Ha ha, it's fun to kill with Super Shotgun"

Wait, you mean in Doom, not irl?

Edited by Matthias

On 3/5/2018 at 3:08 PM, GarrettChan said:

Probably no reaction because I played Doom 2 first, but I had a reaction of Ultimate Doom being boring because there's no Super Shotgun.

This

I don't remember anything special. Mostly, it felt like just another gun for me.

Probably because I played Doom 2 first, so I had no point of reference before using it the first time (as it is in level 02).

"The damage is decent, but it's too slow."

Come to think of it, the PS1 version lacked Arch-viles, so I didn't really use it there that much.

5 hours ago, Girl of Satan said:

Even a regular shotgunner only fires 3 pellets, compared to your shotgun's seven. You want an enemy that fires 20? Get the hell out of my office.

Eight or nine shells per enemy SSG attack is ok enough while still very dangerous.

On 3/5/2018 at 11:08 AM, GarrettChan said:

Probably no reaction because I played Doom 2 first, but I had a reaction of Ultimate Doom being boring because there's no Super Shotgun.

Uhh...actually, from a strictly technical point of view, the codepointers for the Super Shotgun do exist in Ultimate Doom, and can be activated by certain DEH mods (e.g. the blunderbuss in Quest for the Necronomicon). So you might have been using it in UD without knowing it ;-)

6 hours ago, Girl of Satan said:

Even a regular shotgunner only fires 3 pellets, compared to your shotgun's seven. You want an enemy that fires 20? Get the hell out of my office.

In a wad I never finished, I had created a dehacked enemy with some sprites from realm667, it was a Stealth Super Shotgunner (the fuzz effect) that did the shotgun attack 3 times in the same tick, I was putting him behind pillars and corners with the Ambush flag :D  And he dropped a SSG on death, too. I think I had nulled his Activation sound, so the first thing you heard was him firing!