Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
INITIATE-7

How Would I Implement Reloading Animations?

Question

I use UDMF format for GZDoomBuilder and know it's possible, but after countless hours of research I either come across videos that are way out of date or do not give clear instructions. Also it would be a big help to know if you can make custom weapon sprites in something like Slade 3, thanks. 

3 answers to this question

How I would approach the problem would be to use Slade to open up a wad or pk3 that has reloading to see how they did it, and use the ZDoom Wiki to learn more. Also, Realm 667 might already have the sprites you want, and the code, too.

Just don't use Brutal Doom as an example because that code is well known to be a mess, a mess that works, but nonetheless a mess.

8 hours ago, INITIATE-7 said:

I use UDMF format for GZDoomBuilder and know it's possible, but after countless hours of research I either come across videos that are way out of date or do not give clear instructions. Also it would be a big help to know if you can make custom weapon sprites in something like Slade 3, thanks. 

For the reloading animation check out Wildweasel's tutorial

You make/create sprites with a graphics program, like Paint.Net and then use Slade3 to import them

into your map. So, Slade3 is a lump/map editor and not a sprite creation program.

On 3/22/2018 at 2:38 PM, Kappes Buur said:

For the reloading animation check out Wildweasel's tutorial

You make/create sprites with a graphics program, like Paint.Net and then use Slade3 to import them

into your map. So, Slade3 is a lump/map editor and not a sprite creation program.

Are there specific programs for sprite-editing/making? 

*Edit - I know about paint.net but was just wondering if there were any sort of specific tools for sprite making.