Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Nanami

Green Marine?

Just out of curiosity, what are the different titles (not counting the custom ones) that there are?

You start with one post, at "I registered just to make one post," and then move on to "Newbie," and then to "Warming Up" and I'm now "Green Marine," what number of posts gives you what? Dumb question, I know. Flame me if you want. ^_^

the post counts are hidden underneath the avatar. to find out the number of posts you have just use your mouse to highlight the area were you avatar is. I forget how many posts it takes to get each title, but I'm sure someone out ther knows.

Uh, damnit, it is times like this that I had access to the admin center for like 30 seconds so I could answer correctly but uh, IIRC, the next stage is Mini-Member then Member, then Forum Staple, then Forum Spammer then WHY DON'T I HAVE A CUSTOM TITLE BY NOW!? but I could be wrong.

0 - Forum Lurker
1 - Registered just to make one post
2 - 9 - Newbie
10 - 29 - Warming Up
30 - 49 - Green Marine
50 - 99 - Mini-Member
100 - 499 - Member
250 and over - Ability to use custom avatar
500 - 999 - Forum Regular
1000 - 2999? - Senior Member
3000? - 4999? - Forum Legend
5000 - ? - I have no idea

There are also two other basic titles:

Loser - Banished to the Loser's Forum (I call it the Den of Fools)
Banned - Self-explanatory

Wow, the posts are there. I was wondering why they weren't listed. Why is the number hidden? I'd like to see it there. =/

And thanks Ichor. =)

Nanami said:

Wow, the posts are there. I was wondering why they weren't listed. Why is the number hidden? I'd like to see it there. =/

And thanks Ichor. =)

Hmmm, that's an interesting thing. Why is out postcounts hidden like that? Better ask Ling...

Oh yeah, that's right. 250 is what you need to be able to use a coustom avatar. I must have just confused the two. Silly me, heheh...

There, it's changed.

Nanami said:

And thanks Ichor. =)

IIRC, it was mentioned that they were made invisible to discourage spamming. invisible postcounts = less incentive to spam, or something like that.

Registered Lurker (Minimum Posts: 0) [edit] [remove]
Registered just to make one post (Minimum Posts: 1) [edit] [remove]
Newbie (Minimum Posts: 2) [edit] [remove]
Warming Up (Minimum Posts: 10) [edit] [remove]
Green Marine (Minimum Posts: 30) [edit] [remove]
Mini-Member (Minimum Posts: 50) [edit] [remove]
Member (Minimum Posts: 100) [edit] [remove]
Forum Regular (Minimum Posts: 500) [edit] [remove]
Senior Member (Minimum Posts: 1000) [edit] [remove]
Forum Staple (Minimum Posts: 2000) [edit] [remove]
Forum Spammer (Minimum Posts: 3000) [edit] [remove]
Forum Legend (Minimum Posts: 4000) [edit] [remove]
Why don't I have a custom title by now?! (Minimum Posts: 5000) [edit] [remove]

Ichor said:

What does the '[edit] [remove]' mean?

He copied and pasted from the admin control panel.

I bet the Forum Staples hold together all the pages that make up the Forums...

myk said:

I bet the Forum Staples hold together all the pages that make up the Forums...

...hmmm...I wonder if you can shoot them out of a gun...like a giant staple gun..hmmm...

Well, well, and I thought Fredrik's "Forum Spammer" was a custom title.

Anomaly: That staplegun idea sounds cool. Perhaps there's an idea for a mod in there: OfficeDoom, with stapleguns, lacky bands, etc. as the weapons. Weapon 7 could be the magnitron (sp?) ripped out of the office's microwave. Weapon 1 would spam yellow post-it notes all over everything.

If you ask me, ling hid the postcount so that people would stop comparing their postcounts - I remember when they did. Kinda annoying if you ask me, so it's a good thing that the postcount is hidden.

dsm said:

If you ask me, ling hid the postcount so that people would stop comparing their postcounts - I remember when they did. Kinda annoying if you ask me, so it's a good thing that the postcount is hidden.

Aye. Post counts are a silly thing to get worked up over. Remember how pritch "celebrated" his 666th post? ;) (no offense, pritch)

IMJack said:
Aye. Post counts are a silly thing to get worked up over. Remember how pritch "celebrated" his 666th post? ;) (no offense, pritch)

Hmm... that's the third time somebody has referred to pritch’s 666th post, What did he do?

I'm the 666th registered user. Did I win anything?

--Added

Bytheway, I had no idea the postcounts were hidden... I've never had any problems founding out how many posts someone made...

My postcount is kind of trivial. I don't want to compare it to anyone. Just that any time I wanted to see it, I had to go to my profile. Now I can hilight, I guess. Hope I didn't do anything bad by letting all the newbies know they can do that. =P

Heh, scorpion, that's cool.

Nanami, I didn't know about the hidden postcount either actually...

post counts, hmm, archvile64 should have more, and so should I, I been posting useless shit since well before my exiling like a year ago. I need another 1000+ posts, or some pie.

IMJack said:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

:P